Narcos

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014

This show is awesome. Anyone else checked it out yet?

Between the ever present narrator and how quickly it covers historical ground, it almost feels kind of like a dramatized documentary more than a show. I'm enjoying hearing the story so far either way regardless, however. The brisk pacing and "to the point" narrative structure are actually kind of refreshing.

Unless they're only planning on having a single season, I also get the definite impression that they are trying to do something similar to "True Detective" here, with the rise and fall of a different historical Drug Lord being covered with each new season. I'm on episode five now, and I really can't imagine the season not ending with Pablo's death given how much ground we've covered already.

I have been. It's great. I can't see it being more than a mini-series with all that's been covered either. Unless season 2 is about a different narco.

I've never even heard of it. Lol. :D

You should check it out. :D

It's basically the true story of the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar, the most infamous South American drug lord of the 1980s.

death_of_pablo_escobar.jpg

It's basically the true story of the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar, the most infamous South American drug lord of the 1980s.

Sounds interesting! I watched a documentary about him before. He's the Colombian drug lord, right?

Yup! :)

He basically held the whole damn country hostage for a while there.

He even seriously thought about running for president, apparently. Crazy, right? lol

Sounds interesting! I watched a documentary about him before. He's the Colombian drug lord, right?

He even seriously thought about running for president, apparently. Crazy, right? lol

He bought favor with the people by giving them money and other handouts. He was definitely an interesting man to say the least. Lol.

He bought favor with the people by giving them money and other handouts. He was definitely an interesting man to say the least. Lol.

One Hell of an evil bastard though. That's for sure. lol

One Hell of an evil bastard though. That's for sure. lol

Definitely. He knew exactly what he was doing. Lol. I really enjoyed that documentary though, so I would probably really like this too. :D

Lol. Well, I guess we'll be getting a second season after all. :lol:

I played a tiny part in the capture and extradition of Carlos Lehder, so I enjoyed watching Narcos. However, it has been extremely dramatized and only the broadest features are true to life.

The whole prison shootout drama in the last episode is entirely made up. That's not how it went down at all. Nor is the killing of Chapa in the show accurate, either. But that's Hollywood.

There has to be a second season. The bloodshed and violence after Pablo Escobar escaped from La Catedral was over the top. The show has to end with his violent and humiliating death.

Some of the acting is atrocious, but the actor who plays Pablo Escobar does an outstanding job.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back