Narcolepsy cause and effect

Jim ryan

Jul 22, 2015
New science by Jim Ryan

I believe narcolepsy could be a learned trait only the parents grandparents or others that were in charge of any child would realize and be able to answer the questions that I have. I would draw a parallel to depression and the mental physical and emotional and chemical changes that can be created from such, within the body.

Narcolepsy could be a learned trait from infancy and yet not understood or realized until the child reaches a certain understanding and how time could possibly magnify the symptoms no parent or grandparent or caregiver would ever want to believe that they are the possible cause of narcolepsy in a child or any physical mental or emotional stress that they may have caused.

It is possible that these learned traits are passed on from generation to generation even one generation to anothers friends and relatives. To that end I asked the following question. When your child was an infant and had trouble sleeping did you ever take the child for rides in the car because to help a child go to sleep?

Did you ever use one of those infant automatic rockers for the child's crib did you play music whenever the child became stressed on a regular basis with rocking and where the lights on or the sunshining in or did the grandparents do any of these things or the caregivers? Did one of the parents sleep during the day and stay up during the night? Was there more or less loud or constant noise going on around the child during its infancy and beyond, at sleep time.

It's Likely that if my above post is correct that you can change someone with narcolepsy's sleep. However there is one method that I would try if I had it or I knew someone with it in my family. I would first figure out how to regulate the temperature within the brain do that and I would purchase something like a small refrigerator were cold water could be run through it like the cold water dispensers in the refrigerator I would fashion a skullcap, were this cool or cold water could run through it, connected by a hose so the Coldwater could run through the skullcap to cool the brain, Which I believe will put the person into a deeper sleep and hopefully undisturbed.

Turn out all the lights of the possible keep everything quiet I would also put that person in a completely darkened room were no sound or light reaches the sleeper I might put a fan in there for the sake of a constant drone but that would have to be tested I would be very careful and cooling the brain it would have to be thermostatically controlled and comfortable to the sleeper it is possible that if you lower the temperature to much the brain may shut down the automatic breathing heart rhythm and more. Anyone using thisand having it lowered more and more must be monitored constantly.

Last edited:
New science by Jim Ryan

I believe narcolepsy could be a learned trait only the parents grandparents or others that were in charge of any child would realize and be able to answer the questions that I have. I would draw a parallel to depression and the mental physical and emotional and chemical changes that can be created from such, within the body.

Narcolepsy could be a learned trait from infancy and yet not understood or realized until the child reaches a certain understanding and how time could possibly magnify the symptoms no parent or grandparent or caregiver would ever want to believe that they are the possible cause of narcolepsy in a child or any physical mental or emotional stress that they may have caused.

It is possible that these learned traits are passed on from generation to generation even one generation to anothers friends and relatives. To that end I asked the following question. When your child was an infant and had trouble sleeping did you ever take the child for rides in the car because to help a child go to sleep?

Did you ever use one of those infant automatic rockers for the child's crib did you play music whenever the child became stressed on a regular basis with rocking and where the lights on or the sunshining in or did the grandparents do any of these things or the caregivers? Did one of the parents sleep during the day and stay up during the night? Was there more or less loud or constant noise going on around the child during its infancy and beyond, at sleep time.

It's Likely that if my above post is correct that you can change someone with narcolepsy's sleep. However there is one method that I would try if I had it or I knew someone with it in my family. I would first figure out how to regulate the temperature within the brain do that and I would purchase something like a small refrigerator were cold water could be run through it like the cold water dispensers in the refrigerator I would fashion a skullcap, were this cool or cold water could run through it, connected by a hose so the Coldwater could run through the skullcap to cool the brain, Which I believe will put the person into a deeper sleep and hopefully undisturbed.

Turn out all the lights of the possible keep everything quiet I would also put that person in a completely darkened room were no sound or light reaches the sleeper I might put a fan in there for the sake of a constant drone but that would have to be tested I would be very careful and cooling the brain it would have to be thermostatically controlled and comfortable to the sleeper it is possible that if you lower the temperature to much the brain may shut down the automatic breathing heart rhythm and more. Anyone using thisand having it lowered more and more must be monitored constantly.
From the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke:

What causes narcolepsy?

Narcolepsy may have several causes. Most people with narcolepsy have low levels of the neurotransmitter hypocretin, which promotes wakefulness. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that neurons produce to communicate with each other and to regulate biological processes.

Most cases of narcolepsy are sporadic, meaning the disorder occurs in individuals with no known family history of the disorder. But clusters in families sometimes occur—up to 10 percent of individuals diagnosed with narcolepsy with cataplexy report having a close relative with the same symptoms. In extremely rare cases, narcolepsy is caused by a genetic defect that prevents normal production of hypocretin molecules. While close relatives of people with narcolepsy have a statistically higher risk of developing the disorder than do members of the general population, that risk remains low when compared to diseases that are purely genetic in origin.

When cataplexy is present, the cause is most often the discrete loss of brain cells that produce hypocretin. Although the reason for such cell loss remains unknown, it appears to be autoimmune in nature (an autoimmune disorder is when the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells or tissue). That is, the body’s immune system selectively attacks hypocretin-containing brain cells.

Other factors appear to play important roles in the development of narcolepsy. Some rare cases are known to result from traumatic injuries to parts of the brain involved in REM sleep or from tumor growth and other disease processes in the same regions. Infections, exposure to toxins, dietary factors, stress, hormonal changes such as those occurring during puberty or menopause, and alterations in a person's sleep schedule are just a few of the many factors that may exert direct or indirect effects on the brain, thereby possibly contributing to disease development.

Narcolepsy Fact Sheet National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke NINDS

She blinded me with science

New science by Jim Ryan

From the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke:

What causes narcolepsy?

Narcolepsy may have several causes. Most people with narcolepsy have low levels of the neurotransmitter hypocretin, which promotes wakefulness. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that neurons produce to communicate with each other and to regulate biological processes.

Most cases of narcolepsy are sporadic, meaning the disorder occurs in individuals with no known family history of the disorder. But clusters in families sometimes occur—up to 10 percent of individuals diagnosed with narcolepsy with cataplexy report having a close relative with the same symptoms. In extremely rare cases, narcolepsy is caused by a genetic defect that prevents normal production of hypocretin molecules. While close relatives of people with narcolepsy have a statistically higher risk of developing the disorder than do members of the general population, that risk remains low when compared to diseases that are purely genetic in origin.

When cataplexy is present, the cause is most often the discrete loss of brain cells that produce hypocretin. Although the reason for such cell loss remains unknown, it appears to be autoimmune in nature (an autoimmune disorder is when the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells or tissue). That is, the body’s immune system selectively attacks hypocretin-containing brain cells.

Other factors appear to play important roles in the development of narcolepsy. Some rare cases are known to result from traumatic injuries to parts of the brain involved in REM sleep or from tumor growth and other disease processes in the same regions. Infections, exposure to toxins, dietary factors, stress, hormonal changes such as those occurring during puberty or menopause, and alterations in a person's sleep schedule are just a few of the many factors that may exert direct or indirect effects on the brain, thereby possibly contributing to disease development.

Narcolepsy Fact Sheet National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke NINDS

She blinded me with science

Science as it claims above is guessing. I offer cause and effect. I have seen so many ways that a babies sleep is disturbed, that it amazes me that more children don't have narcolepsy. Your brain will manufacture whatever the body needs and in some cases it will overproduce or under produce, depending on all of the surrounding input, and especially for how long.
Science could test what I am claiming, but it won't. It could be tested easily enough.

I offer science cause and effect and a way to establish whether that is right or wrong. Science offers nothing but guesswork, totally unable to test anything.

If it was your child, would you rather do nothing or would you rather test the possibilities?

Cause and effect testing, will always lead to new information for the subject, but, that testing may lead to new information not only in that arena, but possibly one or more other arenas.

Nothing wrong with having a theory and wanting to test it.

Why you think this particular forum to be a good place to pursue that I don't know.

Nothing wrong with having a theory and wanting to test it.

Why you think this particular forum to be a good place to pursue that I don't know.

Unfortunately, most people are taught to do nothing more than follow the bouncing Redball, that's why they never offer anything of value, that no one else has ever offered before. I want to change that. I want children to have a chance to give something back to the world for all that they are given. By your words, you have never come to understand that. If I'm wrong, tell us one thing that you have offered to the world that no one else has ever offered before.

I have written the news media on quite a few things I have written to scientists on quite a few things and I never get an answer back. However some of the things that I have offered start to come out and subtle changes in other arenas. Everyone likes to believe that they are smart, but that's not the case. Most people have always done what they are told and will always follow that same pattern. Schools have always taught according to the teachers pet, which is the dumbest and worst thing that they could do.

Forum List

Back