Narcissism and other Personality Disorders

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... for personal comments and/or favorite quotes on various personality disorders...

"Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness." Blaise Pascal

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

"We do not usually look for allies when we love. Indeed, we often look on those who love with us as rivals and trespassers. But we always look for allies when we hate." Eric Hoffer

"The savior who wants to turn men into angels is as much a hater of human nature as the totalitarian despot who wants to turn them into puppets." Eric Hoffer

"The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without." Eric Hoffer

"No one gets in trouble for saying that 2 + 2 is 5, or that people in Pittsburgh are ten feet tall. Such obviously false statements might be treated as jokes, or at worst as evidence of insanity, but they are not likely to make anyone mad. The statements that make people mad are the ones they worry might be believed. I suspect the statements that make people maddest are those they worry might be true." Paul Graham

.... for personal comments and/or favorite quotes on various personality disorders...

By the way, I'm gonna steal this for another thread.

:beer:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... have at it! :)
Coincidentally it's also the hallmark of opportunism, laziness, and a lack of original thought... Just sayin' ...

true... as I got this from someone else as well. Some of us are just better with words than others..... I generally like to give original thought.

I disagree. Narcissists don't really give a shit what other people think or feel, so (in my experience) they are not trying to manipulate others usually. They are, in conversation, just trying draw positive attention to themselves.

Forum List

Back