Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

I see, so you're just simply promoting fascism and speaking out against capitalism.

If McDonald's outbids Chiquita for a commerical spot, screw them, give the spot to Chiquita and force the network to continue giving them the air time whether it hurts their profits or not. Also the people who are fired from the network for this regulation because of the decrease in revenue should thank the gov't for the opportunity to be fired thanks to such a great, moral cause.

We have all kinds of laws protecting children, I hardly see that as promoting fascism.

And I still don't see how eliminating government regulations protecting kids from predatory corporate marketing is going to somehow make more parents change the channel when they can do that already today.

Perhaps the government should also get rid of the Game Boys, Xbox, etc. it inhibits the children to get outside and burn calories like they did in previous generations.
This government thing could really take off if just given a chance. :rolleyes:

Plus they should outlaw doing homework, I was never running while doing math equations or writing my vocab.

{the prevalence of obesity was 28%. Among men, 79% incurred some medical expenditures in the survey year, and the unconditional average medical expenditures in that year were $1,999 in 2005 dollars. Among women, 88% incurred some medical expenditures, and the unconditional average medical expenditures in that year were $2,617. }

That's quite a methodology. First off, they peg a 28% BMI as "obese." This is an area where terms no longer have meaning. If 28% is "obese" then a 6' man who weighs 180 is "obese." an absurdity at the outset.

Then there is the problem of causation, always one that morons fail to grasp. We noted that on sunny days, people tend to buy ice cream. Therefor, the sun causes ice cream.

Well, maybe not. The stats don't measure what costs are related to obesity, not at all. Even if some of those listed were actually obese, we can't really say that obesity caused dandruff or nail fungus - but your study takes those costs and accrues them to "obesity."

Sorry dude, it's a bunch of shit.

Body Mass Index (BMI) Chart

The BMI index takes height into account when determining obesity. A 6' man is considered obese at 220lbs, or 30%.

How about bone mass? :eusa_whistle:

You should take that into account too.

Forum List

Back