Nanny Bloomberg won't stop at banning large sodas

True. Even Liberal doesn't describe Democrats any longer...progressive doesn't do them justice either.

Bloomberg isn't a Democrat.

The last time he belonged to either party, he ran as a Republican.

Doomberg can attach ANY label he will to himself. I call him a fucking Elitist TYRANT.

Clear enough?

Yep. Got no issues with that label.

I actually liked him for the most part, until he decided to start in with the dictatorship BS.

Of course, Giuliani was a police-state kind of guy too.

You are correct. he is an out of control Statist.
icon14.gif

I would say that is accurate, yes.

And that is not the same thing as a liberal.

True. Even Liberal doesn't describe Democrats any longer...progressive doesn't do them justice either.

There are still honest Dems who aren't party animals and have an independent thought occassionally.. Especially in the South.. And they could be Liberals.

But the folks driving the DEM van off the pier right now are LEFTISTS.. Folks who worry far more about winning and power than whether they have any consistent, logical principles.

Where did anyone on this thread get the idea that Bloomberg is a "Liberal"?

What specifically led you believe this?

Liberals think this idea sucks too. I should know, I'm a New York Liberal and I think it sucks.

Jon Stewart has been ragging on this since Bloomberg came up with the idea.

It's progressive and statist, which are often 2 ways of describing a liberal in 2012.

It's progressive and statist, which are often 2 ways of describing a liberal in 2012.

Not by this liberal.

"Statist" is only used to describe Liberals by Conservatives who don't know any better.

"Progressive" is used by some Democrats to describe themselves, but they are not Liberals. THEY are in fact "statists".

It'd be like saying Ron Paul and George Bush have the same philosophy. They do not.

A "statist" or "progressive" is someone who wants to use government to control all aspects of society, moral and economic. They can lean conservative or liberal.

A Liberal only wants governmental control over economic matters, and conservatives only want governmental control over moral issues.

Last edited:
He's anti-gun.
He's a pro-nanny state control freak
He's pro-illegal immigrant
He's pro-gay marriage

If it looks and smells like shit, it's shit.

Those are all statist positions, except for the gay marriage thing. The pro-illegal immigrant thing has nothing to do with personal rights, but instead has to do with his view on free-market supply and demand, and government oversight of the illegals in question.

He also is pro-free trade, was pro-Iraq war, he's instituted a whole plethora of surveillance and police-state policies in the city in the name of anti-terrorism, all of which is right-wing statist behavior.

I'm pro 2nd amendment myself. Personal Liberties and all that. I feel that any true liberal should also be in support of the 2nd amendment.

Just shows how ignorant New Yorkers are when they keep re-electing this idiot.
In the fall of 2008, Bloomberg successfully campaigned for an amendment to New York City's term-limits law, in order to allow him to run for a third term in 2009. Bloomberg won the election
as far as being a Dem or Repub, your guess is as good as anyone's since he was Democrat before seeking elective office. Basically, he will run with any party as long as it is convenient for him and New Yorkers elected him anyway.

Bloomberg isn't a "liberal".

The "liberals" in NY voted against him. He's a moderate, and he won by getting the moderate and conservative votes.

they'd have to be thinking people to get that.

:confused:MSNBC talking points are "thinking" Now?

nice of you to once again prove your ignorance.

i guess it's ok that you put to rest the stereotype that all jews are smart. but it would be nice if you weren't such a public embarrassment.

Just shows how ignorant New Yorkers are when they keep re-electing this idiot.
In the fall of 2008, Bloomberg successfully campaigned for an amendment to New York City's term-limits law, in order to allow him to run for a third term in 2009. Bloomberg won the election
as far as being a Dem or Repub, your guess is as good as anyone's since he was Democrat before seeking elective office. Basically, he will run with any party as long as it is convenient for him and New Yorkers elected him anyway.

people don't get elected in a vacuum. they run against others and are measured against others.

Where did anyone on this thread get the idea that Bloomberg is a "Liberal"?

What specifically led you believe this?

Liberals think this idea sucks too. I should know, I'm a New York Liberal and I think it sucks.

Jon Stewart has been ragging on this since Bloomberg came up with the idea.

"statist" is a bogus word made up by propagandizing rightwingnuts.

they'd have to be thinking people to get that.

:confused:MSNBC talking points are "thinking" Now?

nice of you to once again prove your ignorance.

i guess it's ok that you put to rest the stereotype that all jews are smart. but it would be nice if you weren't such a public embarrassment.

:(....I'm offended:razz: You rarely put up good argue on any issue..You must not be a trial lawyer?

Forum List

Back