Nancy Pelosi Wants to Combine Church and State in Gov't?

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
(CNSNews.com) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says she believes she must pursue public policies "in keeping with the values" of Jesus Christ, "The Word made Flesh."

CNSNews.com - Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'

Does she want the 'head of the church in Rome' and the christian bible to rule America through religious doctrine? What's her problem with the separation of church and state? Seems to me that she's for combining same.

Discuss..........Pros and Cons......

There are no pros to having religion involved in government.

This is the same broad who voted AGAINST a ban on partial-birth abortion?

Very jesus-like.

(CNSNews.com) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says she believes she must pursue public policies "in keeping with the values" of Jesus Christ, "The Word made Flesh."

CNSNews.com - Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made Flesh'

Does she want the 'head of the church in Rome' and the christian bible to rule America through religious doctrine? What's her problem with the separation of church and state? Seems to me that she's for combining same.

1. being a moderate liberal who
a. almost ALWAYS votes democrat nationally
b. but USUALLY votes republican at statewide (maine)
c. generally votes democrat in my home town

I must confess....

when I hear nancy pelosi speak....I cringe...

and ask myself..."how could she possibly have gotten so far (politically)?"

of course
I must also admit
I have the same reaction when I hear palin speak

re: the q. of church and state

whenever I hear politicians mix their religion with their politics I get very worried.

government should be based on logic, reason, common sense, common good....
NOT on religious mumbo jumbo

Read the article. She is a Catholic addressing a Catholic conference. However, she made a pretty dumb statement. She should know the opposition would all over this.

AH! You beat me to it! :D

But the hypocrisy on this is thick isn't it?

A) She claims to be a Catholic but she votes against banning partial birth abortion in violation of her own religious tenents?

You know. No one MAKES you be a Catholic. But if you are, don't lie to yourself, by not following the tenents of your own church.

If she feels differently from the Catholics there are other churches she can follow.

B) Bush so much as MENTIONED Christ and liberals would have a FIT and claim it was another example of how Bush wanted to have a "theocracy."

But it's okay for Pelosi to pull this?

And does ANYONE buy Pelosi means it?

What does the Bible say about using God's name in vain?

Read the article. She is a Catholic addressing a Catholic conference. However, she made a pretty dumb statement. She should know the opposition would all over this.

She may claim to be a Catholic, but she is not a Catholic.

Yup, and makes no difference where she said it, she said it. She told THEM what they wanted to hear without thinking of the consequences, a true, in my opinion, idiot, fitting very well into the "Obama System" of a government of chaotic thought.

Forum List

Back