Nancy Pelosi speaks

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Sometime last year I managed to get myself signed up for a Democratic mailing list and never bothered to cancel it... mainly because I still get a laugh everytime I get one of their blasts like this, from Cali's own Pelosi.

Dear Mike,

Haha, they use my psuedonym for my spam email account. Nice personal touch, though, suckers.

Yesterday, Congresswoman Slaughter and I released a report, "Broken Promises: The Death of Deliberative Democracy," meticulously documenting the alarming assault on our democracy as framed in the Constitution.

The heck if that doesn't sound like some trailer for a movie... Starring Congresswoman Slaughter in her debue role in 'Broken Spines: Death to Democracy!'

Anyway, on to their collabarative report...

The report is a 47-page indictment

WOW! A whole 47 pages! Did they pay their own interns overtime for that?

of the unprecedented lengths to which the Republicans have abused their power and manipulated the rules in efforts to squelch dissent, to protect their Members from voting on popular measures that their special interests opposed, and to shut down any and all input from the minority side representing half of this great country.

Do I really have to whip out the logic bat right now, or is the above simply obvious gibberish to anyone with a sense of how our Democracy works?

Democrats are not second-class citizens,

Er... okay.

and we will not stand by quietly as Republicans manipulate our very democracy to cram through Congress a partisan agenda that only rewards their campaign donors.

Umm... yes, we see that Nancy. But you realize when you go to vote, your simply one of the representative legally authorized to make law among others, and that any more of this claptrap about 'not standing by' why the constitutional process goes on will not include violence or mob rule in some kind of radical protest??? Right???

Yesterday we exposed them to the world, but in order to bring it all to a screeching halt, we must have the majority.

Haha, okay, by my watch you have 22 months left to even begin to imagine a majority in the House. Then again, you dig that hole any deeper, we're talking decades and not months before the Democrats rule the day in the House again.

https://secure.dccc.org/default.aspx?id=democracy

Congress was intended to be the primary check on the Executive Branch, a responsibility that the Republicans have not only abdicated themselves, but have done everything in their power to prevent us from fulfilling either.

Ummm, hell, I can't even imagine how stupid you have to be to understand that, yes, of course, Congress can limit the executive branch of government, but when it supports the White House as a majority, the constitution doesn't say you have to oppose international policy as a matter of course. This is the stupidest appeal to the constitution I've ever heard.

For Republicans, democracy and the Constitution are valuable only to the extent they can be used to ensure Republican power, and are to be shunted aside the moment they might get in the way.

So Pelosi wants to toss aside the constitutional process and 'not stand by quitely' as the duties of those elected in Congress are carried out, according to the will of the voters. Isn't that a rather dangerous thing for a Congresswomen herself to propose? It goes to show you how much respect she has for her own elected position in government.

This is the single most important reason we need to have a Democratic majority in the House - to set the agenda, and restore a government where President Bush and Tom DeLay are not free to run rampant without fear of repercussions.

You mean repercussions from the voters due to their reaction from your idiotic diatribe like this, Pelosi? What exact repercussions does she have in mind for the duly elected government of our United States?

Someone should advise her to chill the f*ck out for second and think about what kind of reaction she's inciting, knowing that the legal Democratic process has left her in a minority and that her propanda here is going to sink her credibility even further.

Thank God for Democrats such as Pelosi.

https://secure.dccc.org/default.aspx?id=democracy

As we show in our report, in 10 short years House Republicans have become the most arrogant, unethical and corrupt majority in modern Congressional history. Stifling deliberation and quashing dissent in the House of Representatives has become the standard operating procedure.

And yet the only questionable acts in the halls of Congress over the Bush term has been the ever present attempt by Democratics to delay the votes on the floor and prevent the legal process of representative Democracy from going forward, according to the constitution.

Democrats MUST attain the majority in House to bring all of this to an abrupt end. No longer will Republicans be able to marginalize dissent, cover up President Bush's scandals and their own ethical abuses, or manipulate the process to kill legislation that the American people desperately want.

OMG, get a new speech writer. Us Americans as a majority do not 'desperately want' any of your tired old rant against Republicans. I see many Democrats these days further confusing their followers by always claiming to speak for 'What America wants', which is really an assine thing to do having been seriously slapped with a dose of reality since 2000, several times in fact.

And when have we heard a seriously alternative to our post 9-11 national security policy except from Kerry, who said what again? Oh yeah, he 'Had a Plan'. What was it??? Americans are not stupid, Pelosi, are you?

Please make a secure contribution today so that we can continue our efforts to recruit candidates, hold the Republicans accountable for their records, and establish the conditions to restore a Democratic majority in America.

If I pried a sticky penny up from the floor in an adult theater, the last person who would see that one cent would be your rabid gang of hyenas, Pelosi. Just follow that path of destiny into political nothingness like any sane world would have you do.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
House Democratic Leader

Ahh, well at least she is sincere about sounding like a vapid party hack.

Comrade, that was surreal. Whatever disease has taken over the dems, it seems it is not limited to Massachusetts!

pelosi letter said:
For Republicans, democracy and the Constitution are valuable only to the extent they can be used to ensure Republican power, and are to be shunted aside the moment they might get in the way.
Does that mean that if someone disagrees with her, they are 'unAmerican?' :fifty: I thought that was the Republican mantra. :rolleyes:

pelosi letter said:
Democrats MUST attain the majority in House to bring all of this to an abrupt end. No longer will Republicans be able to marginalize dissent, cover up President Bush's scandals and their own ethical abuses, or manipulate the process to kill legislation that the American people desperately want.
I guess this implies that the administration has 'covered up scandals' that just have not been brought to light. Yeah, the MSM is hiding them. :lame2: BTW Nancy, what is all this legislation that the people desperately want? What's the next interest group the dems are aiming to 'give something to' in order to rebuild their loosening grip on blacks and women?

I think I lost IQ points just reading that letter.

Kathianne said:
Comrade, that was surreal. Whatever disease has taken over the dems, it seems it is not limited to Massachusetts!

Does that mean that if someone disagrees with her, they are 'unAmerican?' :fifty: I thought that was the Republican mantra. :rolleyes:

I guess this implies that the administration has 'covered up scandals' that just have not been brought to light. Yeah, the MSM is hiding them. :lame2: BTW Nancy, what is all this legislation that the people desperately want? What's the next interest group the dems are aiming to 'give something to' in order to rebuild their loosening grip on blacks and women?

How's about turning the question around and asking, "What's the next interest group the Republicans are aiming to 'give something to'?" The tort reform bill and the bankruptcy bill are both paybacks to campaign contributors, just like Social Security Reformapalooza.

Kathianne said:

How's about turning the question around and asking, "What's the next interest group the Republicans are aiming to 'give something to'?" The tort reform bill and the bankruptcy bill are both paybacks to campaign contributors, just like Social Security Reformapalooza.

As for accusing folks who don't agree with them of being "unAmerican", well, that's a favorite tactic of Dubbyuh and his merry band.

Bully, my friend, this hit a nerve?

Bullypulpit said:
Let's not for now, you have done that plenty. Let's air your side's laundry for a bit...

Bullypulpit said:
As for accusing folks who don't agree with them of being "unAmerican", well, that's a favorite tactic of Dubbyuh and his merry band.
Ummm, that is what I said. In either case, it doesn't make sense...

Bullypulpit said:
How's about turning the question around and asking, "What's the next interest group the Republicans are aiming to 'give something to'?"

Ummm...the ELECTORATE?

Bullypulpit said:
The tort reform bill and the bankruptcy bill are both paybacks to campaign contributors, just like Social Security Reformapalooza.

No - it is the will of the ELECTORATE.

It's over, Bully. The people have spoken. The grownups are back in charge. Sorry.

Forum List

Back