Nancy gambled and lost

She's winning

Big time.

Allowed the time to show the world McConnell breaking his oath to be impartial, show him saying he wold not be impartial, showed him saying he was working hand in hand with the defendant's lawyers, and showed him promising the FIX IS IN, and promised an acquittal

She gave the time needed for Schumer to get 4 republicans to agree to having witnesses.

She got the time for court rulings on this phony Absolute immunity, preventing witnesses to testify, in congress's favor.

She got the time for more, unknown before evidence to show up.

She won all the way around, while still allowing McConnell to claim a win, she really won, so to not hurt his male ego.

The lady, is BRILLIANT!

In with the top 5 speakers, of all time.

:D
Yeah... She got 3 Demcrat Senators to hint they'll vote to keep Trump in office along with every Republican.

I love watching the loser's petulance.

It reminds me of children in the sandbox.

Conservative politicians and journalists have been questioning Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s actions and motives throughout the impeachment ordeal. After over three weeks of political jockeying over what the House can tell the Senate to do, some progressive politicians have started question Pelosi’s strategy as well. Now, she is finally ready to send the Articles of Impeachment over to the Senate. This comes after a clear answer to her own question. The House can’t tell the Senate to do anything.

CNN’s Chris Cillizza acknowledged the severity of the Speaker’s mistake.

CNN’s Chris Cillizza: Nancy Pelosi gambled and lost

It's a brilliant move by Pelosi. I'm impressed it worked. This will be a win for the Democrats.

Describe the "win"

Hillary won too, remember?

Conservative politicians and journalists have been questioning Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s actions and motives throughout the impeachment ordeal. After over three weeks of political jockeying over what the House can tell the Senate to do, some progressive politicians have started question Pelosi’s strategy as well. Now, she is finally ready to send the Articles of Impeachment over to the Senate. This comes after a clear answer to her own question. The House can’t tell the Senate to do anything.

The delay accomplished what it needed to. To put a bright, hot spotlight on the Senate and make sure this wasn't just dusted under the rug. Wanna know how I know it worked? Three weeks ago, Mitch McConnell was going to spike this with an immediate acquittal. Minimal trial. No witnesses. Fast forward to this week, now you have moderate members of his own party like Lamar Alexander and Susan Collins negotiating for witnesses. Now, there's a real possibility that you might have witnesses like Bolton and Mulvaney coming to testify. Whether they come before or during arguments is irrelevant. Add to that the juicy emails and text messages from Gulliani's "associates" about the whole Ukraine debacle and now it's not as cut and dry as it was three weeks ago because moderate senators (some who are up for re-election) understand that to just dismiss this would be the kiss of death come election time. :)

Republicans face reckoning on impeachment witnesses

I look on this as a push. I have no illusions that Trump will be removed by conviction...but least now, Mitch can't just sweep it under the rug.

And Mazie Hirono already had her mind made up. She said it.

Hirono: Trump, McConnell Trying to 'Rig the Senate Trial' | Breitbart

“And I think we really need to bring the conversation of the debate back to the president’s action which was he shook down the president of another country for his own political purposes using $400 million of needed aid to Ukraine to get his way.”

She doesn’t need any witnesses and documents. Her mind is made up.

Why not just have a vote?

So? Didn't Mitch just say three weeks ago that he wasn't going to be an impartial juror? And I don't see anywhere in this article that states that Sen Hirono had already decided to vote to convict. Now, she may very well have made up her mind but in this article, she was just pointing out that Mitch was just trying to sweep it under the rug and rig it in favor of the president. There's supposed to be a trial in the Senate now that the House has voted to impeach. Trial involves arguments and witnesses, then a vote.
Jerry Nadler said today that they had made their case.
If that is so, they don't need witnesses! However, If the Democrats get to call John Bolton, then Republicans should get to call Hunter Biden.
They made their case, as far as the House's duty, the indictment met the probable cause measure needed.

The Senate is a trial, where to convict you need guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt.

A much higher burden of proof.

If there is more evidence from either side, it should be presented in the trial.
What goes on in The House is not an actual Trial. It is a review of The House Inquiry's, Laughable lack of real evidence.

The delay accomplished what it needed to. To put a bright, hot spotlight on the Senate and make sure this wasn't just dusted under the rug. Wanna know how I know it worked? Three weeks ago, Mitch McConnell was going to spike this with an immediate acquittal. Minimal trial. No witnesses. Fast forward to this week, now you have moderate members of his own party like Lamar Alexander and Susan Collins negotiating for witnesses. Now, there's a real possibility that you might have witnesses like Bolton and Mulvaney coming to testify. Whether they come before or during arguments is irrelevant. Add to that the juicy emails and text messages from Gulliani's "associates" about the whole Ukraine debacle and now it's not as cut and dry as it was three weeks ago because moderate senators (some who are up for re-election) understand that to just dismiss this would be the kiss of death come election time. :)

I look on this as a push. I have no illusions that Trump will be removed by conviction...but least now, Mitch can't just sweep it under the rug.

“And I think we really need to bring the conversation of the debate back to the president’s action which was he shook down the president of another country for his own political purposes using $400 million of needed aid to Ukraine to get his way.”

So? Didn't Mitch just say three weeks ago that he wasn't going to be an impartial juror? And I don't see anywhere in this article that states that Sen Hirono had already decided to vote to convict. Now, she may very well have made up her mind but in this article, she was just pointing out that Mitch was just trying to sweep it under the rug and rig it in favor of the president. There's supposed to be a trial in the Senate now that the House has voted to impeach. Trial involves arguments and witnesses, then a vote.
If that is so, they don't need witnesses! However, If the Democrats get to call John Bolton, then Republicans should get to call Hunter Biden.
They made their case, as far as the House's duty, the indictment met the probable cause measure needed.

The Senate is a trial, where to convict you need guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt.

If there is more evidence from either side, it should be presented in the trial.

I don't know if you have ever been in court (other than as a defendant) but no competent Judge in the country would start a trial if the prosecutors announced that they still had the equivalent of a grand jury impaneled and was still hearing evidence that might be presented.
The prosecution is to use the evidence that you say clearly met the probably cause standard.
Double jeopardy does not apply so after The Senate Acquittal if the House wanted to make another attempt at meeting the reasonable doubt threshold and impeaching him again, they could do that with the new evidence.

"The Senate is a trial, where to convict you need guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt."

That of course is not true -
It mimics a trial, it is not a trial
It is entirely Political - there is no legal threshold -
It's a vote -
Can the House Mangers convince 2/3 of the Senate to "vote" to remove, or not.

It's a brilliant move by Pelosi. I'm impressed it worked. This will be a win for the Democrats.

Describe the "win"

No. I keep the idiots in suspense. It's fun to me.

So you don't know
I believe you.

Describe the "win"

Hillary won too, remember?

I do not.

Mind made up darlin?
Omg Chris?
The ultimate knowledge?

Because you don't have the votes to just skip a trial and have a vote.....

Because of how much of a failure Pelosi is...

And where is she and where are you mr PhD rube?
Whining from your double wide sucking off your commie SS Medicare?

Mind made up darlin?
Omg Chris?
The ultimate knowledge?

What?

What can Hunter testify to, that can help Trump defend himself??? Seriously???

You won't know until he's on the stand.

Why are you so afraid of H.B. testifying ?

Seems like you and Chuck Schumer are the same type of lying hypocrite.

Describe the "win"

No. I keep the idiots in suspense. It's fun to me.

So you don't know
I believe you.
I'm waiting for the con to testify and blow the Dems away.
Dare I say Bolton?

Lying hippoc rite?
The limit of your imagination?
And where is he and where are you mr zero college rube.?
Can you remind us?

So HB was on the board in 2014.
No problem for years giving the U money.
Then Biden announces, guess what?
Omg kids getting money?
I bet ivanka and Jr are shaking in their boots

In this country we speak English...or at least a language that is coherent.....

If you don't like making sense, get out of my country!!

#MAGA

So HB was on the board in 2014.
No problem for years giving the U money.
Then Biden announces, guess what?
Omg kids getting money?
I bet ivanka and Jr are shaking in their boots

Would it make any difference in your story if The Trump People were looking into H.B. 2 years before his dad announced?

In this country we speak English...or at least a language that is coherent.....

If you don't like making sense, get out of my country!!

#MAGA

Tru Dat!

She is well aware that the House cannot force the Senate of McConnell to do a fair and honest trial. That is a given. But she is making Moscow show his cards. The evidence against Trump keeps mounting. Parnus has come clean now.

She is well aware that the House cannot force the Senate of McConnell to do a fair and honest trial. That is a given. But she is making Moscow show his cards. The evidence against Trump keeps mounting. Parnus has come clean now.

You idiots are hilarious.

Forum List

Back