Names of 420,000 Canadians are in police database, despite no criminal records

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Need any clearer illustration of how Canada operates more like East Germany than a free nation based on Rule of Law and Due Process as America does? Look no further than this.

The RCMP and their surrogates are an enemy to Canada and most importantly American businesses. Dont shed a tear for Canada when NAFTA is renegotiated. I paid a massive price for blowing the whistle on these unethical, immoral, Canadian crooks who exploit America and steal your jobs.

Canadian plain clothed police, especially in Ontario: "first to join the police, last to join the military".

Names of 420,000 Canadians are in police database, despite no criminal records | TheRecord.com

Hundreds of thousands of people are listed in Canada's national criminal records despite never having been convicted of a crime, a Toronto Star analysis has found.

More than 420,000 people were listed in the RCMP's Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database as having no conviction in 2005, the most recent year for which the Star has data.

When Rick Perreault tried to volunteer for the Children's Aid Society in Sudbury four years ago, he had no concerns about providing the mandatory police records check.

He considered himself an upstanding and law-abiding citizen who had worked for the City of Sudbury before becoming a federal employee.

To his amazement, an incident 15 years earlier when he had disciplined his young son appeared.

The son, then 10, was acting up in the back seat of the car and teasing his two younger brothers while Perreault was driving.

"I reached behind me and lightly tapped him on the knee as I was driving down a very busy highway," Perrault recalls. "About a week after that, two police officers showed up at my place of work and asked my manager if I would step outside."

It seems someone driving in the car behind him had reported him to police.

He explained what happened to the officers, both fathers, who then apologized for the trouble. No charges. No convictions.

"I thought that was the end of it."

Not so.

Perrault was refused a volunteer position with the Children's Aid Society based on the incident.

"I was stunned when my application was refused," says Perrault. "I was a business man with no criminal record. I felt when I volunteered I would be an asset to this organization based on my experience raising three boys, my entrepreneurial skills, my experience with municipal and federal governments … I will never volunteer for anything again."

The most outrageous aspect of non-conviction disclosures is the re-victimization of the innocent, says Anne, 58, who asked that her last name not be published to protect her employment.

Only a few months after being married in 2003, she called police and fled to a woman's shelter because of domestic abuse.

Today she herself has a police record despite never being found guilty of a crime.

Her then husband was arrested and charged with assault and threatening death. Shortly after, he called the arresting officer and filed a complaint against Anne for allegedly threatening him.

He was convicted of assault.

Police found his claims against Anne to be unfounded.

"The officer believed my husband wanted to get back at me (and) filed the complaints out of spite," she says. "I was told not to worry about it."

But while her ex-husband holds the right of all Canadians to apply for a pardon and have his conviction records expunged, the unproven allegations against Anne remain on her record today despite her appeals for them to be removed.

When she applied years later to be a volunteer at a women's shelter, she was shocked to discover she had a police record indicating she was "suspected" of uttering threats.

"Anybody can pick up the phone, dial 911, file a complaint against you and if it goes into the database, you're stuck with it," she says. "When I discovered that I had this label for who knows how long, I just couldn't get my head around it. It boggles my mind. Who came up with this?"

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... an' `sides dat...

... dey come down here durin' a full moon...

... an' snatch people to live inna far north."

Need any clearer illustration of how Canada operates more like East Germany than a free nation based on Rule of Law and Due Process as America does? Look no further than this.

The RCMP and their surrogates are an enemy to Canada and most importantly American businesses. Dont shed a tear for Canada when NAFTA is renegotiated. I paid a massive price for blowing the whistle on these unethical, immoral, Canadian crooks who exploit America and steal your jobs.

Canadian plain clothed police, especially in Ontario: "first to join the police, last to join the military".

Names of 420,000 Canadians are in police database, despite no criminal records | TheRecord.com

Hundreds of thousands of people are listed in Canada's national criminal records despite never having been convicted of a crime, a Toronto Star analysis has found.

More than 420,000 people were listed in the RCMP's Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database as having no conviction in 2005, the most recent year for which the Star has data.

When Rick Perreault tried to volunteer for the Children's Aid Society in Sudbury four years ago, he had no concerns about providing the mandatory police records check.

He considered himself an upstanding and law-abiding citizen who had worked for the City of Sudbury before becoming a federal employee.

To his amazement, an incident 15 years earlier when he had disciplined his young son appeared.

The son, then 10, was acting up in the back seat of the car and teasing his two younger brothers while Perreault was driving.

"I reached behind me and lightly tapped him on the knee as I was driving down a very busy highway," Perrault recalls. "About a week after that, two police officers showed up at my place of work and asked my manager if I would step outside."

It seems someone driving in the car behind him had reported him to police.

He explained what happened to the officers, both fathers, who then apologized for the trouble. No charges. No convictions.

"I thought that was the end of it."

Not so.

Perrault was refused a volunteer position with the Children's Aid Society based on the incident.

"I was stunned when my application was refused," says Perrault. "I was a business man with no criminal record. I felt when I volunteered I would be an asset to this organization based on my experience raising three boys, my entrepreneurial skills, my experience with municipal and federal governments … I will never volunteer for anything again."

The most outrageous aspect of non-conviction disclosures is the re-victimization of the innocent, says Anne, 58, who asked that her last name not be published to protect her employment.

Only a few months after being married in 2003, she called police and fled to a woman's shelter because of domestic abuse.

Today she herself has a police record despite never being found guilty of a crime.

Her then husband was arrested and charged with assault and threatening death. Shortly after, he called the arresting officer and filed a complaint against Anne for allegedly threatening him.

He was convicted of assault.

Police found his claims against Anne to be unfounded.

"The officer believed my husband wanted to get back at me (and) filed the complaints out of spite," she says. "I was told not to worry about it."

But while her ex-husband holds the right of all Canadians to apply for a pardon and have his conviction records expunged, the unproven allegations against Anne remain on her record today despite her appeals for them to be removed.

When she applied years later to be a volunteer at a women's shelter, she was shocked to discover she had a police record indicating she was "suspected" of uttering threats.

"Anybody can pick up the phone, dial 911, file a complaint against you and if it goes into the database, you're stuck with it," she says. "When I discovered that I had this label for who knows how long, I just couldn't get my head around it. It boggles my mind. Who came up with this?"
Police state

Forum List

Back