Name Your State. Obama vs. Romney

does he have a chance in California? :confused:

Who knows! Ordinarily no. But we changed the law two years ago and now it depends on who wins the popular vote nationally. It was assumed that a democrat would always win the popular vote. Voting for a candidate in California adds to the national popular vote but has no bearing at all on the state electoral votes.

very interesting.

also very untrue

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm in California if Romney wins the popular vote he wins California. So, who knows CA could go Romney.

does he have a chance in California? :confused:

Who knows! Ordinarily no. But we changed the law two years ago and now it depends on who wins the popular vote nationally. It was assumed that a democrat would always win the popular vote. Voting for a candidate in California adds to the national popular vote but has no bearing at all on the state electoral votes.

Are you certain? I thought that only kicked in when the number of states who agreed to it had more than 271 or more electoral votes between them. Is that correct? And has that 271 vote threshold been reached yet?

Edit: What del said. He beat me to it.

Texas. Take a guess.

Will it last? Given the number of illegals?

If in 15 years, the GOP haven't fixed their image problem, I expect they could lose Texas.

in 15 years the Hispanics will probably be the ones saying whats what in the "New" Democratic Party.....and they just may be a little more Conservative than many a Democrat of today....people like Dean,Chris and Dudley....oh no wait he is an Independent.....but people like Dean and Chris will leave pretty quick....they wont have much of a say...they wont like that.....

Live in New Jersey, but work in PA, plan on voting early and often in PA for Romney, no pesky voter ID law to worry about..... :thup:

Guess that proves the point that Republicans are more likely to commit voter fraud than the Dems. Interesting.

Right, those boxes of ballots being carried from Philadelphia prisons by ACORN members will surely be full of votes for Republicans.... :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Oregon = it will go Obama. No shock there. However, I have already submitted my ballot (all voting done by mail here in Oregon) and I am proud to say that while Oregon will go to Obama, it won't be because I helped him any. One of those Romney votes you will see in Oregon will be mine.

Pixie, Ohio is seeing some success in getting the unemployment down. A successful Republican Govenor is at the helm. Are the citizens giving Kasich the credit or is obama getting the credit?

Kasich was very public in his refusal to create jobs in Ohio.

New Topics

Forum List

Back