Name Your City

I am travelling quite a bit, but home is now Stockholm when not here and there, and definitely not in the states. What is your favorite city in Europe? Expats, it would really be good to hear from you.

I like it because you can walk everywhere. You actually can live downtown, as does most of the population in this country. Crime is low, and you can walk the streets at 3 in the morning with no problem at all. 60 museums within a 30 minute walking distance. Everyone speaks English better than most Americans we know. Ha! You don't need a car. Cycle and walk paths from and to everywhere along with exercise stations. Almost every main street in each major neighborhood has a local live play theater. Restaurants galore. Water, did I mention water. You are surrounded by it. Stockholm is the Venice of the north. Forget what Hannity says, taxes are lower than in the states. Now if I was young again, I might talk about the women...but I won't. *wink*

What is your base of operation while in Europe, or for you natives, your favorite city in Europe? Readers want to know!
Amsterdam, I am there at least once a year. Going to be there in April for King's Day, the Dutch national holiday, and one of the best parties in the world. I will be celebrating my 65rh birthday.

And really there's no difference watching a musical live or on the tube either way they're terrible

Really? Well that says a lot...:badgrin:
Excuse me I do not like musicals

In fact I bet most men don't

That may be....but that doesn't make watching them on the tube the same as watching them live.
Yeah they suck either way

Well, you don't represent all men........thankfully!:badgrin:

And really there's no difference watching a musical live or on the tube either way they're terrible

Really? Well that says a lot...:badgrin:
Excuse me I do not like musicals

In fact I bet most men don't

That may be....but that doesn't make watching them on the tube the same as watching them live.
Yeah they suck either way

Well, you don't represent all men........thankfully!:badgrin:

No just most of them who don't like musicals

Men Don't Go To Broadway: Should We Care?

Only 32 percent of Broadway theatre goers were men last year.

Forum List

Back