Name this "Dan"

LuckyDan

Sublime
Dec 16, 2009
The mountains of North Central Texas
I've been looking for a place to talk politics, current events, and just general whatever that isn't too heavily moderated and allows YouTube vid links, and other media, which I've just learned I can't do until I've posted 15 times, so you'll forgive me if my next dozen or so posts are very brief.

I was hoping to post a vid of the Stones playing "Gimme Shelter." Alternatively, Joe Cocker's "A Little Help from my Friends" would work nicely here, too.

Thanks for the welcome. Big Black Dog and Si Modo.

DJ? I think I did toy with that idea briefly in my youth, but I decided my tongue was too big to allow me to enunicate clealry enough. Plus, my esses tend to be overly sibilant on radio, as I learned from calling in to a show once.

Right now I'm just trying get my avatars of Dan Dailey or Danny Kaye to show up. My thread title makes no sense whatever without them.

So much for the promised brevity.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a place to talk politics, current events, and just general whatever that isn't too heavily moderated and allows YouTube vid links, and other media, which I've just learned I can't do until I've posted 15 times, so you'll forgive me if my next dozen or so posts are very brief.

I was hoping to post a vid of the Stones playing "Gimme Shelter." Alternatively, Joe Cocker's "A Little Help from my Friends" would work nicely here, too.

Okay, 13 more posts. Idea, we have a name calling contest and you should get your 15 posts in no time flat. Or you could just post Hello 13 more times.
And before I forget.....
Welcome
(Damn newbies). :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Hello Ringel. Thanks for the tip. I'm quite a name-caller. If "mountebank" or "blackguard" is still free, I can contribute immediately.

Here the usual names are libtard, wingnut, asshat, Obamabot, etc............ But you can use whatever names you like. I know those because I've been call each of them at one time or another. Be creative, it's so much more fun.

Hello Ringel. Thanks for the tip. I'm quite a name-caller. If "mountebank" or "blackguard" is still free, I can contribute immediately.

Here the usual names are libtard, wingnut, asshat, Obamabot, etc............ But you can use whatever names you like. I know those because I've been call each of them at one time or another. Be creative, it's so much more fun.

I ran across "libtard" a lot in another forum I was shopping earlier. "Asshat" I just plain never got, tho depending on who's ass is serving as the hat...

Until we piss each other off and stop talking altogether, I just call you my new libtard pal. You can call me a fascist homophobe AGW denier. I'll feel right at e-home.

They've both been posted, dozens of times.

Welcome, RedundantDan.

You must be the resident that's-been-posted-already guy. Do you correct spelling and grammar, as well?

They've both been posted, dozens of times.

Welcome, RedundantDan.

You must be the resident that's-been-posted-already guy. Do you correct spelling and grammar, as well?
No, I merely point out the carelessness and sloppiness that causes those spelling and grammatical errors. It's the same carelessness and sloppiness that permeates the thought processes of those who either cannot or choose not to make some modicum of effort to be somewhat literate.

Posting videos which have been posted dozens of times though, that's just simple, good old unoriginality.

Thanks, Sunni Man.

And Goldcatt, I have seen some very eye-catching avs. Never read Walden, tho.

Walden is well worth the read, but then I like the Transcendentalists.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy!

You're very kind, Goldcatt. Thanks. I'm sure there is a crisp second-hand copy waiting for me at the second-hand book store. Nice quote, too. So true.

I will have to confront the essential facts of life myself in about 10 hours. I only wish it involved going to the woods instead of my cubicle.

You're very kind, Goldcatt. Thanks. I'm sure there is a crisp second-hand copy waiting for me at the second-hand book store. Nice quote, too. So true.

I will have to confront the essential facts of life myself in about 10 hours. I only wish it involved going to the woods instead of my cubicle.

oh man---cubicle is a forbidden word here, Dan ! :lol:

Welcome

Forum List

Back