Name the Republicans who have ever banned birth contrtol

Last edited:
Rick Santorum said that birth control was "harmful to women."

From the national cancer institute: Oral Contraceptives and Cancer Risk: Q & A - National Cancer Institute

We shouldn't contribute, in monies, to someone else's cancer. That decision should be their own.

You should take the time to actually read your link.

Or, if you are lazy, just read the bullets.

I did. There are some links between birth control and cancer. What part did you not understand?

TeaPartySamurai as usual can't defend the OP.

Rick Santorum and his supports are the proof positive against her argument.

TPS fail, as usual.

Rick Santorum said that birth control was "harmful to women."

From the national cancer institute: Oral Contraceptives and Cancer Risk: Q & A - National Cancer Institute

We shouldn't contribute, in monies, to someone else's cancer. That decision should be their own.

You should take the time to actually read your link.

Or, if you are lazy, just read the bullets.

And.... a Q and A from the mayo clinic. I didn't include journals or case studies but there are several. Birth control pill FAQ: Benefits, risks and choices - MayoClinic.com

That's not birth control, THAT'S ABORTION.

We are talking about birth control. Still waiting.

The MS personhood law would make using the IUD an act of killing a person.

1. The egg becomes a person once it is fertilized by the sperm.

2. The IUD interferes with the ability of the fertilized egg, aka 'the person', to attach to the uterine wall,

thus killing it.

Show me the language in the bill to prove that. Still waiting.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SECTION 33. Person defined. As used in this Article III of the state constitution, “The term ‘person’ or ‘persons’ shall include every human being from the moment of fertilization, cloning or the functional equivalent thereof.

In an election year, the GOP has come out in support of allowing birth control coverage for Americans to be denied.

tumblr_lo8qk591Tp1qmim5to1_500.jpg

That is factually incorrect. In fact, you could hurt yourself stretching that far without warming up first.

This is typical from libs. They know they have lost the argument and they don't even have a come back.

So they will pretend they won the argument anyway, BUT THEY WILL ALSO SHUT UP, because they know any further discussion makes them look worse.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

C'mon now. All your thread shows is that there are rediculous lies on both sides which nobody would disagree with.

I could do the same thing by asking you to show me what dem ever said that all guns should be confiscated from US citizens.

This is what liberals do when they are losing. They try to change the subject and claim 'they all do it."

But they don't wall do it.

Where is the Republicans who have even TRIED to ban birth control. STILL WAITING.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To liberals abortion is birth control.

In an election year, the GOP has come out in support of allowing birth control coverage for Americans to be denied.

That is factually incorrect. In fact, you could hurt yourself stretching that far without warming up first.

I'd join him in his outrage if R's were actually making laws to prevent sales of birth control and condoms to private individuals.

Here in NY they are talking about closing some schools due to funding issues.
According to your logic, that means a legislature with a democratic majority wants to eliminate education.

are you sure your not talking about Dean here?.....that's his logic.....cutting Education = wanting to END Education....

(AP) OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has overwhelmingly approved an anti-abortion "personhood" bill that declares life begins at conception.

The vote Wednesday upset doctors who fear the proposed law will jeopardize reproductive medicine.

The bill now heads to the House, where it is expected to pass. Republican Gov. Mary Fallin typically won't comment on pending legislation, but she has described herself as strongly "pro-life."

The bill provides embryos and fetuses with "all the rights privileges, and immunities" of other citizens.

Republican Sen. Brian Crain says it's modeled after a 1986 Missouri law that was later determined by the U.S. Supreme Court to be constitutional.

The bill is opposed by the Oklahoma State Medical Association, because of concerns it could affect reproductive medicine and ban certain forms of birth control.

"Personhood" bill gains momentum in Okla. - CBS News

The only form of "birth control" that could possibly be affected would be abortion. Abortion is not contraceptive birth control. Contraceptive birth control prevents pregnancy. Abortion ends an active pregnancy. Apples and oranges. No one in the GOP is against contraception. But nice try at a failed boogey man.

The Republican Party is caught in the vortex of a rightward death spiral. Almost everyone in the party seems to be trying to get to the right of the GOP'er next to him.

The fact that you have one of the most far right extremists on USMB, with threads like this, now trying to argue that the GOP isn't moving that far to the right is a great piece of evidence for the above.

Last edited:
(AP) OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has overwhelmingly approved an anti-abortion "personhood" bill that declares life begins at conception.

The vote Wednesday upset doctors who fear the proposed law will jeopardize reproductive medicine.

The bill now heads to the House, where it is expected to pass. Republican Gov. Mary Fallin typically won't comment on pending legislation, but she has described herself as strongly "pro-life."

The bill provides embryos and fetuses with "all the rights privileges, and immunities" of other citizens.

Republican Sen. Brian Crain says it's modeled after a 1986 Missouri law that was later determined by the U.S. Supreme Court to be constitutional.

The bill is opposed by the Oklahoma State Medical Association, because of concerns it could affect reproductive medicine and ban certain forms of birth control.

The only form of "birth control" that could possibly be affected would be abortion. Abortion is not contraceptive birth control. Contraceptive birth control prevents pregnancy. Abortion ends an active pregnancy. Apples and oranges. No one in the GOP is against contraception. But nice try at a failed boogey man.

No one in the GOP is against contraception?

Seriously? Are you daft? The CATHOLIC CHURCH is against contraception.

Are you claiming there are no Republicans, not a single one, who is Catholic???

...lol, I'd beg to differ...

I'd join him in his outrage if R's were actually making laws to prevent sales of birth control and condoms to private individuals.

Outrage?!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I'm laughing my ass off at the bumbling Republican party!

obama-laughing-dinner.jpg

All forms of birth control that adversely affect the fertilized egg's ability to survive would be subject to this law,

since conception occurs BEFORE implantation, and implantation is necessary for the 2 celled PERSON to survive.

:rofl:

So the GOP hasn't taken the stance that employers should be able to deny birth control coverage?

Have you been shipwrecked the last week or so?

Obama+Laughing.jpg

Outrage?!

I am too, along with the dems for demanding that we pay for other's bedroom pleasures.

C'mon now. All your thread shows is that there are rediculous lies on both sides which nobody would disagree with.

I could do the same thing by asking you to show me what dem ever said that all guns should be confiscated from US citizens.

This is what liberals do when they are losing. They try to change the subject and claim 'they all do it."

But they don't wall do it.

Where is the Republicans who have even TRIED to ban birth control. STILL WAITING.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Republicans are too smart for that. They know what the backlash would be.

So they prefer to snipe around the edges. Defund Planned Parenthood, deny access to birth control to minors, cut sex education, encourage insurance companies not to cover it

All I know is if you dig and look, the GOP have had a lot of success on both a state and federal level pushing through anti abortion legislation.

One example in Michigan, Rick Snyder just banned late term abortions.

A lot of red states have passed anti abortion legislation on a state level. That would normally not bother me but Michigan is now a red state. Governor and both state houses are GOP. That is going to change in November.

Women need to wake up and realize their rights are being attacked. They need to show up for midterm elections.

And Republicans say they want government out of your business? What is more personal? And the Patriot Act they created? And remember they said a dying and suffering person can't practice euthenasia? And they are for less intrusive government? What a joke.

Outrage?!

I am too, along with the dems for demanding that we pay for other's bedroom pleasures.

This is definitely an issue you guys need to take a stand on. It's going to be a big winner for you, I can tell.

obama-laughing-b9bb715f4a38dea9.jpg

:lmao:

New Topics

Forum List

Back