Name the accomplishments of Reagan

Just out of curiosity, why is the failed economy the fault of GWB because it happened on "his watch", but the fall of Communism had nothing to do with Reagan?

Good point.

The causes of our economic disaster were created during the Reagan administration.

All better?
Your explanation is totally bogus since the Democrats controlled spending and still do.

BTW:

The reason why the Iranians took American hostages and held them until Ronald Reagan took office is because Jimmy Carter told the world that he was frightened once by an "attack bunny". Obama is basically doing the same thing in his Apologize to the World Tour.

He traded arms to Iran for hostages and had his boys import cocaine to finance the contras in Nicaragua.
Another great Repugnicant.
Do me a favor and send someone down here to clear this mine field. OK ?

Another Moron alert. You now going to claim Carter had nothing to do with anything while President? Using that LOGIC why are YOU blaming Bush for the Economy?

Okay, let's blame Reagan for the recession that began in JULY OF 1981 and ended in NOVEMBER of 1982.

Fair enough. You tell us why that recession was Reagan's fault, and then we'll talk about what was Carter's fault.

I notice YOU failed to address my other post, those deficits were not because of Reagan at all. His budget requests were within the budget, the Democrats that CONTROLLED Congress created those deficits in retaliation for Reagan spending more on Defense.

And Reagan doesn't get blamed because those were not caused by him. As for the current one, AGAIN one need only look to actions by Democrats in Congress to see why we are in the mess we are in. Dodd and Frank stopped EVERY effort to rein in Fanny and Freddy and put more regulation on the Housing banking market. In fact Barney Frank was on national TV just shortly before the collapse began claiming that any new regulations on said industry would destroy it and that it was perfectly sound as is.

Ah right. It's only Democrats that get blamed for recessions.

A conservative blaming a recession on insufficient REGULATION. That's a kneeslapper.

Tell us what the man did well for the country. Give us an honest list of his achievements here.

Was a loser when he left office, but started to become rehabilitated after the Pope and others defeated communism. The Reagan Legacy Project.

Tear Down This Myth!
Tear Down This Myth : Six Questions for Will Bunch?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)
It’s interesting–Reagan’s reputation has risen with both the public and historians the further we get in memory from his actual presidency–which I think is a huge tribute to both the myth-making machinery created by the likes of Grover Norquist and the mainstream media’s willingness to embrace the myth.

For example, in March 1990, some 13 months after Reagan left the Oval Office, Reagan’s popularity (59 percent) had dipped below that of Jimmy Carter (62 percent). Two major surveys of historians in the mid-1990s rated Reagan’s presidency as below average, not one of the all-time greats.

Ironically, it was those historian rankings that inspired Norquist, the Heritage Foundation, and others to begin what became the Ronald Reagan Legacy Project–the group that aims to name schools, roads, etc., for the Gipper in every U.S. county–and related activities.

A key part of that myth-building was the notion that Reagan was largely responsible for “winning the Cold War”–a premise that was rejected, according to a USA Today poll in 1989, when it was actually happening, by Americans crediting Mikhail Gorbachev for the reforms instead. You see the fruits of that effort today; professors–arguably eager to show they’re not tools of liberal bias–now rate Reagan as high as the Top Ten of U.S. presidents, and public opinion of the 40th president is fairly high as well.

Harpers Magazine.......................:lol:

gay

Reagan was referred to as the teflon president with good cause.

Through force of sheer charmatic character, he was able to change the seat of potus to an untouchable position above the law.

granted, he had sorts like Nixon to stand upon to accomplish this

Reagan also serves (to this day) as the iconic poster boy of the RW's might is right mentality , and appropriately so.... having been nothing more than a propagandist chickenhawk for the 1st Motion Picture Unit after coping out of the pacific theater due to nearsightedness....

~S~

Reagan, to today's right, is a political Paul Bunyan. A mythical figure who performed mythical deeds.

Just out of curiosity, why is the failed economy the fault of GWB because it happened on "his watch", but the fall of Communism had nothing to do with Reagan?

Good point.

The causes of our economic disaster were created during the Reagan administration.

All better?
Your explanation is totally bogus since the Democrats controlled spending and still do.

BTW:

The reason why the Iranians took American hostages and held them until Ronald Reagan took office is because Jimmy Carter told the world that he was frightened once by an "attack bunny". Obama is basically doing the same thing in his Apologize to the World Tour.

Why did Reagan promise to balance the budget if he had no power to do so?

Good point.

All better?

BTW:

Why did Reagan promise to balance the budget if he had no power to do so?
Bully pulpit. When it comes to Democrats and spending, it doesn't always work. That's why the American People wouldn't allow the Democrat follow Reagan's two glorious terms to become President and put taxing and spending into overdrive. George H. W. Bush won.

Looks like the American people didn't learn their lessons and voted in a Democrat (Marxist to boot) for President. How many times are they going to make that mistake in the future? For the good of the Country, let's HOPE never again.

Last edited:
He railed against big government then grew it like no peacetime president before him.

Another BALD faced lie. The Democratic Congress did that against his wishes. All he managed to do was increase defense spending which so pissed off the democrats they BRAGGED on National TV they would double Social spending.

Reagan was barely able to keep his defense spending by shutting the Government down on several occasions , he was powerless to stop the Democrats in Congress from increasing the deficit and social spending.

Go ahead look it up. Find Reagan's recommended budget and then see what he was forced to sign. EVERY year.

Tell us what the man did well for the country. Give us an honest list of his achievements here.

In his re-election, Reagan came within 0.95% of the votes in Minnesota of carrying all 50 states. He carried a record number of Electoral Votes and would have carried Minnesota if his opponent was not a very popular multi term Senator from that state.

Mondale carried only 40.6% of the popular vote. Given the numbers of the declared Republicans in the country, that % of popularity demands that Reagan carried all of the Republicans and all of the Independants and some of the Democrats.

You don't need to be genius to figure this out. The whole country liked what this man was doing when he was doing it. The Liberal elite did not get it then and don't get it now.

Give us an honest list of the achievements of your father. Only those things that can be quantified and have been recorded by the national media. Was he a positive influence on you or not? Enriching the spirit, fulfilling your hopes, applauding your success and ability, making you laugh, finding your strength and building your charachter are things that can't be measured by the NYT.

You sure do know it when it's happening. You sure do remember ti when the going gets tough.

I was there and I remember how it felt when Carter 1.0 was failing as a leader. It feels the same as Carter 2.0 feels today. I voted for Carter. After 4 years, I voted for Reagan and then voted for him again.

A leader leads. It is his followers who achieve. What did Eisenhower do to win WW2?

Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That November, Reagan was re-elected, winning 49 of 50 states.[159] The president's landslide victory saw Mondale carry only his home state of Minnesota (by 3800 votes) and the District of Columbia. Reagan won a record 525 electoral votes, the most of any candidate in United States history,[160] and received 58.8% of the popular vote to Mondale's 40.6%.[159]

Well said Code.

I to voted for Carter and then Reagan twice.

Never regreted my votes for Reagan once. Sorry I can't say the same for Carter. What a fucking disaster that man was.

Reagan cleaned up a mess and made the country propesperous.

He was and still is my idea of a great Prez.

Sorry I can't say the same for Obama.

[

Looks like the American people didn't learn their lessons and voted in a Democrat (Marxist to boot) for President. How many times are they going to make that mistake in the future? For the good of the Country, let's HOPE never again.

Calling the president a Marxist means you have no interest in being taken seriously.

He traded arms to Iran for hostages and had his boys import cocaine to finance the contras in Nicaragua.
Another great Repugnicant.
Do me a favor and send someone down here to clear this mine field. OK ?

You are aware you fucking retard that the Hostages were released just before he took the oath of office? And as usual you lie about drugs as well, go ahead dumb fuck prove it. He had nothing to do with arms sold to Iran either. All he did is ask if there was a way to go around the Congress on getting weapons to the Contras, every thing that happened after that was done by two Patriotic American officers. An Admiral and a Lt. Col.

I love how you fucking morons think if you just keep telling the same lies over and over they will become true.

In his re-election, Reagan came within 0.95% of the votes in Minnesota of carrying all 50 states. He carried a record number of Electoral Votes and would have carried Minnesota if his opponent was not a very popular multi term Senator from that state.

Mondale carried only 40.6% of the popular vote. Given the numbers of the declared Republicans in the country, that % of popularity demands that Reagan carried all of the Republicans and all of the Independants and some of the Democrats.

You don't need to be genius to figure this out. The whole country liked what this man was doing when he was doing it. The Liberal elite did not get it then and don't get it now.

Give us an honest list of the achievements of your father. Only those things that can be quantified and have been recorded by the national media. Was he a positive influence on you or not? Enriching the spirit, fulfilling your hopes, applauding your success and ability, making you laugh, finding your strength and building your charachter are things that can't be measured by the NYT.

You sure do know it when it's happening. You sure do remember ti when the going gets tough.

I was there and I remember how it felt when Carter 1.0 was failing as a leader. It feels the same as Carter 2.0 feels today. I voted for Carter. After 4 years, I voted for Reagan and then voted for him again.

A leader leads. It is his followers who achieve. What did Eisenhower do to win WW2?

That November, Reagan was re-elected, winning 49 of 50 states.[159] The president's landslide victory saw Mondale carry only his home state of Minnesota (by 3800 votes) and the District of Columbia. Reagan won a record 525 electoral votes, the most of any candidate in United States history,[160] and received 58.8% of the popular vote to Mondale's 40.6%.[159]

Well said Code.

Never regreted my votes for Reagan once. Sorry I can't say the same for Carter. What a fucking disaster that man was.

Cleaned up what mess? The economy was expanding when Reagan took office. Six months later it was in recession. Do you mean he cleaned up his own mess?

[

Calling the president a Marxist means you have no interest in being taken seriously.

"Know me by the friends I keep." - Barrack Hussein Obama

Okay, let's blame Reagan for the recession that began in JULY OF 1981 and ended in NOVEMBER of 1982.

Fair enough. You tell us why that recession was Reagan's fault, and then we'll talk about what was Carter's fault.

I notice YOU failed to address my other post, those deficits were not because of Reagan at all. His budget requests were within the budget, the Democrats that CONTROLLED Congress created those deficits in retaliation for Reagan spending more on Defense.

And Reagan doesn't get blamed because those were not caused by him. As for the current one, AGAIN one need only look to actions by Democrats in Congress to see why we are in the mess we are in. Dodd and Frank stopped EVERY effort to rein in Fanny and Freddy and put more regulation on the Housing banking market. In fact Barney Frank was on national TV just shortly before the collapse began claiming that any new regulations on said industry would destroy it and that it was perfectly sound as is.

A conservative blaming a recession on insufficient REGULATION. That's a kneeslapper.

So you retard, you are claiming that there was no problem with Freddy and Fanny and the Banking loan business in regards to the Housing market? You gonna stick with that?

Anybody notice that the moron who OP'd this thread isn't discussing it? It's a hit and run. Best to let this thread die. We've proven that Reagan was the greatest of all Presidents anyway. Move on...nothing more to discuss.

So you retard, you are claiming that there was no problem with Freddy and Fanny and the Banking loan business in regards to the Housing market? You gonna stick with that?

Deregulation of the entire banking system was the problem. That and the fact that recessions happen after expansions; it's called the business cycle.

Well said Code.

Cleaned up what mess? The economy was expanding when Reagan took office. Six months later it was in recession. Do you mean he cleaned up his own mess?

He cleaned up the mess that Carter left and it was a big one.

I lived it. Did you??

Inflation through the roof, unemployment. Oh yeah. It was loads of fun. The only thing missing today is the inflation.

Wonder when that will appear with the bozo's in charge now???

Of course everyone has an opinon. Yours is that Reagan sucked. Obama is the greatest.

My opinion is the exact opposite.

Thats what makes this country great. We can both have our opinons.

That being said, we could sure use Reagan in the WH now. Just my opinion. LOL

Last edited:

Deregulation of the entire banking system was the problem. That and the fact that recessions happen after expansions; it's called the business cycle.

In other words there are and were not, enough regulations, something that Clinton agreed with. He signed the deregulation and Frank and Dodd lead the charge for 8 years to prevent any new regulations. Bush TWICE tried to get new regulations and McCain tried a third time. All 3 times Dodd and Frank lead the fight against and won.

That you do not know that proves to me you are a fucking IDIOT that does not know politics except what you are spoon feed.

1. Turn American enterprise back over to US entrepreneurs through lower taxes and regulations
2. Defeated Soviet Communism
3. Freed Eastern Europe

Close the thread right here

I'm pretty sure it was a serious question.

He also provided us leadership we could trust and admire [for the right reasons] merely with his personality....not by using talking heads, magazines, and massive media campaigns to polish his image.

Has anyone noticed how dorky Obama looks when he takes his suit off and just goes casual?

He looks like a skinny kid. That is the real Obama.

Reagan was someone we could admire regardless what he was wearing.

Obama.......pfffft.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTgenwl2aA]YouTube - Reagan Tells Obama To Shut Up![/ame] :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back