name that tree

The first one is an acacia. They grow all over the world but this is from the US Southwest.

The second is one of my favorites, a Cottonwood. While wandering around in the desert, find a stand of these things and dig deep into the sand - you will always find water.

One more of my favorites

th

The first one is an acacia. They grow all over the world but this is from the US Southwest.

The second is one of my favorites, a Cottonwood. While wandering around in the desert, find a stand of these things and dig deep into the sand - you will always find water.

I'm sad to say that though I've been all over the southwestern US, I didn't know 'til only just now that the acacia grows anywhere save the Serengeti jungles of Africa.

:thup: Props, longknife my man.

One more of my favorites

th

True to the stated objective of the OP regarding trying to post pics with trees whose names aren't in the URLs or attachments, you are giving us some outstanding stuff, longknife.

Is ^ that ^ a dogwood?

I'm sad to say that though I've been all over the southwestern US, I didn't know 'til only just now that the acacia grows anywhere save the Serengeti jungles of Africa.

:thup: Props, longknife my man.

One more of my favorites

th

True to the stated objective of the OP regarding trying to post pics with trees whose names aren't in the URLs or attachments, you are giving us some outstanding stuff, longknife.

Is ^ that ^ a dogwood?

No close.

Once all over the place in my home state.

I am just going to call it a Penn Oak since what most people call a Penn Oak is really a willow-leaf oak and nobody really knows what a Penn Oak is or if it is simply the stuff of legends like Bigfoot

Sumac. Did I win a prize? after my two beloved Elms died, my neighbors trees are providing shade for me now. These trees have a bad side, being what they call landlords tree. Right now, they are shedding these infernal tiny green flowers. And they have a distinctive odor that reeks. That affects anyone with allergies. In the fall and winter, they can be positively evil. In a early fall snow, they can drop branches right on your head without notice. And they grow like weeds. Hence the moniker, landlord trees.

Last edited:
This looks fun but I can only put up videos. Never learned how to paste.

PHOTOS from internet:
1). Right finger 'click' on the photo.
2). Copy link address.
3). Click on picture frame (here above between 'smiley' and 'film' icons)

4). Paste in 'IMAGE URL' ..... and INSERT.
You're done.

Forum List

Back