Name that air plane

I always enjoyed making them.

Trying to match photos of actual combat equipment and making them as kits was always fun.

Yo, Scientist, did you make those models yourself? If so OUTSTANDING DUDE!
:beer:
Cheers Mate!
Well, no actually I got those off the internet. I haven't built plastic models in quite a while. I'm more into flying R/C models. Here's a few recent examples of my work:

Mountain Models "Switchback"
sb3.jpg

GWS "Mustang" painted to match a favorite racer of mine.
boomermodel.jpg

Sig "Four-Star 40". All my models are electric, I switched over from nitro about ten years ago.
Fourstar02.jpg

Yo, Scientist, did you make those models yourself? If so OUTSTANDING DUDE!
Cheers Mate!
Well, no actually I got those off the internet. I haven't built plastic models in quite a while. I'm more into flying R/C models. Here's a few recent examples of my work:

Mountain Models "Switchback"
sb3.jpg

GWS "Mustang" painted to match a favorite racer of mine.
boomermodel.jpg

Sig "Four-Star 40". All my models are electric, I switched over from nitro about ten years ago.
Fourstar02.jpg

Except for the rudder and the leading edge of the wing, the P-51 looks very close to scale, how does it fly?

It occurs to me we could turn this into a game.

Name this plane:

Attachments

• $Savoia Marchetti SM 79.JPG
    $Savoia Marchetti SM 79.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 49
It occurs to me we could turn this into a game.
Name this plane:
Savoia Marchetti SM.79

OK I'll play, name this plane:
AirCraft02.JPG

Xenophon, make sure you don't have the name of the plane coded into the pic!

Last edited:
boomermodel.jpg

Except for the rudder and the leading edge of the wing, the P-51 looks very close to scale, how does it fly?
It flies really nice. I clipped the wingtips a bit for scale so it was a little fast on landing. Other than that I enjoyed it. It's all foam by the way and the four bladed propeller is functional but I lost a little bit of speed as a result.
I plan to build another one using a brushless motor and Li-Poly batteries and keep it light.

Forum List

Back