Name one animal that you'd like to see go extict

Looked like you said cats have a natural aversion to snakes. Caught me off guard is all. lol

They do. If it is small enough they'll attack it but otherwise they steer clear.

OK, well, that's not true, but OK. lol

Well I go by years of experience catching 5-6 foot rattlesnakes in the foothills. Every cat within eyesight wanted no part of them, ever. But I'm sure your experience with small Garter snakes is what one should go by. :rolleyes: It's a thread for fun Capt 'snake wrangler'.

So angry over being wrong about something so little. lol Well, that's the anonymous world of forums for ya!

I can only imagine a man of science would have Googled the actual truth instead of insisting that a mere personal anecdote with tamed house cats must be the empirical truth; but hey, this is just a message board after all. :laugh2:

Flame on.

Name one animal that you'd like to see go extinct: I'll say SNAKES,. I hate the fucking things and I'd cheer if we humans wiped them out.

Snakes are actually beneficial to the environment, unlike mosquito's.

Mosquitos are beneficial...they annoy people :D

Actually...lots of critters eat them...fish, birds, bats....
I wonder what kind of beneficial micro organisms they inject into humans when they bite you.

Based on the millions who die every year from their bites I would say it is minimal.
No one dies from a mosquito bite. They die from a disease. The bite is harmless. They dont even have teeth.

Although I have never suffered with them personally, I would chose bedbugs. They are insidious and could infest any home regardless of hygiene. They cost a bundle to get rid of and have no discernible function other than to irritate.

Another vote for liberals going extinct

like the dinosaurs

If you're going with a single species, that complicates it. There are hundreds of mosquito species, for example. Knocking off one would accomplish little.

If I want to benefit humanity, I'll wipe out Plasmodium falciparum, the primary human malaria parasite. That's only a single species. The other 4 malaria parasites that affect humans are much less deadly. That would save about a million lives a year.

If I want to benefit myself, I wipe out the Cat Flea, Ctenocephalides felis, which is the flea that infests cats, dogs, and some wild critters, and which seems to have no useful purpose at all.

I think that no matter how small and insignificant something might be to YOU, these things are still playing some role in nature whether or not we know what that role is or not.

Forum List

Back