Name Me One Country! Just One!

They want to blame our beliefs for the recession, and then turn around and make fun of us because nobody adheres to Austrian economics. I'm not sure how they can have it both ways, but by God they can!

The worst part about free market economics is that it relies very strictly on ethics, and most people lack ethics when enough money is staring them in the face. That being the case, I'm not sure how it's the system's fault. People are just greedy bastards.

If you only think the banks are to blame, then I can see how you'd argue for stricter regs. If you're not an IDIOT though, and can realize the simple fact that there was just as much greed on the part of consumers as well, then you'd realize that regs aren't going to provide much in the way of a solution. They're only going to ultimately insulte people from having to gain a sense of personal ethical standards, and learn from their mistakes.

I personally prefer not to live in a society of robots that are insulated from having to continually think and learn. Constant learning and advancement in knowledge is what made this country as great as it is. Taking risks and failing is a part of that advancement.

Forum List

Back