Name Calling and Personal Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a clean debate zone specifically for your needs Sonny. Since free speech is tolerated here, the rest of the board is subject to whatever happens. We have an ignore feature as well, if that is not adequate, this may not be the place for you. Would you rearrange your entire life to suit us in less than a week?
Point taken. Thanks for your response, much appreciated. I totally agree that free speech is great and wonderful, as it should be. But, allowing, and condoning name calling and personal attacks, is in no way beneficial to debates and conversations. I'm sorry that the admin doesn't feel the need for civil and adult debate and conversations on important issues that affect all of our lives. I guess the admin delights in reading personal attacks in place of intelligent, civil, and adult conversations on important issues. So be it. Whatever floats your boat, you're the boss and controlling factor here. You have every right to conduct this forum in any manner you see fit. I understand your position, and will not mention it again.

Shut up idiot! Just kidding. LOL. Yeah ... I came here for the same reason but have been reduced to a name-caller from time to time. When in Rome ...
I came here to get away from passive/aggressive PC politeness, and to be free to call an asshole an asshole.
If it makes you feel good, and you think that it adds to your points in conversations and debates, then by all means, continue doing so. I guess that kind of behavior makes you feel important and correct in whatever position you take on issues.

No one is forcing you to post here, so stop whining. Or don't. Recent changes have been made to this board that many members do not like. Well, too bad for those that don't like the changes, as the admin runs this site as they wish, as it is their site. Don't like it? Leave.

I've been on boards that restrict speech. Nope. I'd rather have the idiotic name calling and ignore it than have my speech restricted.

There is a clean debate zone specifically for your needs Sonny. Since free speech is tolerated here, the rest of the board is subject to whatever happens. We have an ignore feature as well, if that is not adequate, this may not be the place for you. Would you rearrange your entire life to suit us in less than a week?
Point taken. Thanks for your response, much appreciated. I totally agree that free speech is great and wonderful, as it should be. But, allowing, and condoning name calling and personal attacks, is in no way beneficial to debates and conversations. I'm sorry that the admin doesn't feel the need for civil and adult debate and conversations on important issues that affect all of our lives. I guess the admin delights in reading personal attacks in place of intelligent, civil, and adult conversations on important issues. So be it. Whatever floats your boat, you're the boss and controlling factor here. You have every right to conduct this forum in any manner you see fit. I understand your position, and will not mention it again.

Shut up idiot! Just kidding. LOL. Yeah ... I came here for the same reason but have been reduced to a name-caller from time to time. When in Rome ...
I see. Well, we all have different opinions and views, but I fail to see how conversations and debates are in any way enhanced by such childishness and silly behavior. It seems that civil and adult conversations would be the beneficial way to go if we're to see and understand issues, and the possible solutions to our many socioeconomic woes. Obviously, some feel the need to be childish and silly in order to get their point across. It's also obvious that they have never been taught any other way to have conversation and debates. I imagine it makes those that engage in such behavior feel somewhat superior and more intelligent than the rest of us. If they only knew.

It's because it doesn't matter. People are taking at each other, not to each other. Most of the weirdos have their minds made up. The only thing left to do is to call them stupid. :D Lol.

I should add their "collective mind" Lol. :D
Point taken. I just don't see how it enhances conversations, especially with strangers that we really don't know anything about. I fail to see any benefit from it, or how it proves someone's points in debate or in conversation.

I see. Well, we all have different opinions and views, but I fail to see how conversations and debates are in any way enhanced by such childishness and silly behavior. It seems that civil and adult conversations would be the beneficial way to go if we're to see and understand issues, and the possible solutions to our many socioeconomic woes. Obviously, some feel the need to be childish and silly in order to get their point across. It's also obvious that they have never been taught any other way to have conversation and debates. I imagine it makes those that engage in such behavior feel somewhat superior and more intelligent than the rest of us. If they only knew.

It's because it doesn't matter. People are taking at each other, not to each other. Most of the weirdos have their minds made up. The only thing left to do is to call them stupid. :D Lol.

I should add their "collective mind" Lol. :D
Point taken. I just don't see how it enhances conversations, especially with strangers that we really don't know anything about. I fail to see any benefit from it, or how it proves someone's points in debate or in conversation.

It doesn't. I really doesn't. I think most of us resort to name-calling out of sheer frustration. Lol.

No one is forcing you to post here, so stop whining. Or don't. Recent changes have been made to this board that many members do not like. Well, too bad for those that don't like the changes, as the admin runs this site as they wish, as it is their site. Don't like it? Leave.

I've been on boards that restrict speech. Nope. I'd rather have the idiotic name calling and ignore it than have my speech restricted.

I agree. I was on a board like that too, and I didn't like it at all. You have to be careful about every word or get the dreaded "points." Lol.

I would never ever want to restrict someone from expressing his/her opinions and views. Free speech is a wonderful thing. But, we can limit uncivil and immature exchanges while still giving everyone the right to express their position on issues. Saying that name calling and personal attacks shouldn't be a apart of debates, in no way takes away anyone's right to free speech. People can express themselves and get their points across without school yard childish name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back