Name 3 new laws that would save us money.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
So, there's talk on the street that the government would like to trim the budget a bit. I can think of 3 new laws that would instantly begin to save us tax payers money.

(1) All members of the government, except for the President, travel on ordinary commercial airlines when a flight is necessary. They should travel in coach.

(2) No expense accounts. If you take a colleague to lunch, it's on own dime and not the taxpayer.

(3) When the President signs a bill into law, only one pen should be used. He doesn't need to use a dozen or more pens just so he can hand them out as gifts to his political cronies.

What about you? Any ideas on how the government can save money?

(1) All members of the government, except for the President, travel on ordinary commercial airlines when a flight is necessary. They should travel in coach.

this is not feasible. for example, the speaker of the house. 3rd in line.....

(2) No expense accounts. If you take a colleague to lunch, it's on own dime and not the taxpayer.

excellent idea

(3) When the President signs a bill into law, only one pen should be used. He doesn't need to use a dozen or more pens just so he can hand them out as gifts to his political cronies.

this is a silly idea.

my idea

1) the government should review its payroll/employees for waste. this is a great way for corps to save money. there are doubtless numerous redundant or worthless jobs that could use the axe.

2) waste. yes, i said waste. what is waste? i have no doubt that if an independent auditor conducted an audit of the federal government, we would see huge savings.

New laws are the problem. How about repealing laws instead. Makes more sense to me if you stop spending money on wasteful crap.

No more printing and reprinting and re reprinting of anything in the USA that is not in English.

Stop foreign aid. We need to help ourselves before we can help anyone else and we are starving for food and jobs and medical care.

Allow only public transport...or those who have the land, horse and buggy. Foods that need to be shipped, allow truckers and trains to haul it. Get rid of automobiles. Or, only allow automobiles that run on solar energy. Gas hogs made illegal.

Can I do some more?

Make it illegal to pay guys that hit balls in tiny little holes 3 miles away....guys that chase a weird shaped ball across a field and kill each other trying to get it to the opposite side..and guys that bounce a ball around a court trying to get it in a basket..plus guys running around like their heads are cut off while scratching their nuts and spitting...more than the average "joe".

Put a freeze on all CEO's treating themselves and their cronies with ski trips, massage parlors, bonus checks of millions, etc.

I know. Silly. But a woman can dream, can't she?

1. Make it illegal for anybody in Congress or the Federal Bureaucracy to distribute the people's money as charity or benevolence of any kind. (This would require a way to gradually and carefully phase out numerous programs.)

2. Initiate a true flat tax where everybody, rich, poor, and middle pay the same percentage of taxes on income above a modest threshhold and require the federal government to manage within the limits of the revenues produced.

3. Nix the redecorating allowances. Make members of Congress, their staffs, and all newly hired bureaucrats make do with the perfectly servicable furniture and office equipment left by the last guy or buy new out of pocket.

Oh wow, I could go on and on, but I'll stop at three.

So, there's talk on the street that the government would like to trim the budget a bit. I can think of 3 new laws that would instantly begin to save us tax payers money.

I don't usually agree with you but I really like the first two points you make. Only exception for the 1st rule I'd make is international travel of an important position, such as the VP, or SOS. Other than that good idea. And #2 I think just about everyone can agree upon.

I would also get rid of all health insurance for congress paid by the taxpayers.

Name 3 new laws that would save us money.

1. American Money Saving Law - it would require everyone to save their money.

2. Mandatory Savings Account Law - it would require everyone to have a savings account and use it.

3. No Spend Law - a federal law making it illegal to spend money on items or services.

eliminate 40% of all federal employees jobs.
Ban all unionization of federal employees.
End all federal pensions
All federal employees MUST pay Social Security tax just like everyone else.
End all federal subsidies to farmers where they are paid to NOT grow crops.
Enact a flat tax and ban all deductions. Then eliminate all but essential IRS positions.
Sell all federal land except military facilities and federal buildings back to the States in which that land lies.
Privatize all maintenance of federal lands including national parks and Capital buildings.
Laws....
Let's see.....
A law that bans all former members of Congress from joining lobbying firms that work on Capitol Hill.
A law requiring each fiscal year MUST have a balanced budget.

Can I do some more?

Make it illegal to pay guys that hit balls in tiny little holes 3 miles away....guys that chase a weird shaped ball across a field and kill each other trying to get it to the opposite side..and guys that bounce a ball around a court trying to get it in a basket..plus guys running around like their heads are cut off while scratching their nuts and spitting...more than the average "joe".

Put a freeze on all CEO's treating themselves and their cronies with ski trips, massage parlors, bonus checks of millions, etc.

I know. Silly. But a woman can dream, can't she?
what the hell does this have to do with government waste?
Gee honey, why don;t we just go ahead and ban everything that's fun...
Let's ban soap operas, chick flicks, Survivor, American Idol, Oprah Winfrey, The Hen( The View) Show and lastly, Lifetime Television.....
The shit hurts when someone slaps you back, doesn't it?

1- Outlaw ALL unions.

2- Line item audit every single expense on the books. Every year.

3- We are not the police and nanny of the world. Only countries that LIKE us will receive aid or military assistance.

this is not feasible. for example, the speaker of the house. 3rd in line.....

Why not? Boehner is doing it, and most of them in the past have done so.

1. Cut the staff of Congress.
  2. Eliminate the Department of Education and Housing and Urban Development. those should be handled at a local and state level.
  3. Require Congress to balance the budget.

what the hell does this have to do with government waste?
Gee honey, why don;t we just go ahead and ban everything that's fun...
Let's ban soap operas, chick flicks, Survivor, American Idol, Oprah Winfrey, The Hen( The View) Show and lastly, Lifetime Television.....
The shit hurts when someone slaps you back, doesn't it?

Absolutely nothing. I was dreaming.
Ok. Im good with your suggestions: soap operas, chick flicks, reality shows (although I do like survivor but I could live without it), oprah, the cluck show and most definitely that gawdawful Lifetime Tear Jerking network. When can it be done? Soon, I hope.
What shit slapping me? Are you a fruitloop and should be avoided?

1)Stop printing money or making up numbers in various accounts. The Fed can't print, physically, or digitally, any currency for 5 years. If you don't get it, google 'Monetary Inflation'

2)Reps are to be paid by the state that sends them as their constituency feel they deserve to be paid.

-and before someone says it:
ban 'gifts' and campaign financing from businesses and send violators to prison
3)
require that all bills include a breakdown of every single entity that's to receive funds from the bill along with the total amount allotted, to be included as an appendix and made available to all major news outlets
4)Cut military spending my 30%. Let the military decide where to cut. But cut their funding by 30%. We spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined. No standing army can challenge us and a massive military didn't stop the terrorists we're told to be so afraid of anyway.

5)End NAFTA:

6)STOP STARTING FUCKING WARS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow only public transport...or those who have the land, horse and buggy. Foods that need to be shipped, allow truckers and trains to haul it. Get rid of automobiles. Or, only allow automobiles that run on solar energy. Gas hogs made illegal.
Hold that thought will ya'? (runs off to get firing squad)

Forum List

Back