Nam vets didnt deserve what they got

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Got called "losers" and "baby-killers" when they returned home. The leadership at the top sucked.

Korean War vets just got ignored.

Bottom line is they had the first defeat in a major Ameriican conflict

Didnt come in like in 1945 as heroes.

Last edited:
o what bullmal and an attempt to re write a history.

the majority of vietnam vets were welcomed home...simple as that ...the spitting rumors and all are mostly that...rumors...it may have happened but not as much as people like to say now...

Fighting a non-existent enemy because they were told to ?
Yeah. I lost a brother and cousin to The Great Satans lying slaughter machine and was dumb enough to be coerced to sign on for a personal revenge mission.
I was working at an arsenal at the time and my boss called the recruitment center and said I was "essential". They wouldn't ship me until Nov. 25 ? 1971,after the "fun" was over. They sent me to the DMZ in Korea.Great weed and plentiful pussy !
I was a fool. My old boss saved my ass.
These kids signing up today are just as foolish.
Ya wanna save and defend murka ? Band together and remove the capital hill.

Nam vets didnt deserve what they got

Mostly we got ignored.

BUT....

our VA benefits were better than the ones TODAY's VETs get.

Which is disgraceful far as I'm concerned.

the majority of vietnam vets were welcomed home...simple as that ...the spitting rumors and all are mostly that...rumors...it may have happened but not as much as people like to say now...

My husband was a Marine in VN...HE GOT SPIT ON when they came home! He very seldom talks about his time in VN or when they got home. In fact every vet i know from that time has said the spitting, name calling and everything else happened to a majority of them. If you weren't there then you don't know!

Sorry, but you are the one attempting the history rewrite in this instance.
The military accomplished every mission it was given. If Vietnam was a loss, it was lost by civilians after we left there.

Nama vets lostthefirt major war in US history -

Whule not therir fault - I wount go bragggingon it either

Got called "losers" and "baby-killers" when they returned home. The leadership at the top sucked.

Korean War vets just got ignored.

i never thought they should be blamed for the war their leaders sent them into. i think they did the best they could in most instances.

Agreed. They were sent into a war with no real objective except body counts. They couldn't cross the DMZ and take down the enemy in their home territory. They had to sit back and wait for the NVA to come to them. A fucked up way to fight a war, but that was the decision of the civilian leadership.

NSFW
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoDe8MJ_icE]What the Captain means... - YouTube[/ame]

I almost servedin Nam

Never serious threat

ASSHOLE LBJ was on hisa watch......................................

DID he jnow advanceof JFK ann?????????????????????????????????????????????????//

Oh, it happened, Bones.The bulk of it came from a relatively few people, who, for whatever reason, really hated us. A few people on the other side thought we were heroes, and I never really understood that either. Most people just wanted us to go away, out of sight and out of mind, just like our war; I don't think they knew what to say to us anyway, so for the most part, they just turned away. It sure seemed like a lot of people, even some who were our friends before Vietnam, wanted nothing to do with us anymore. I think that was the hard part, especially for those of us who had PTSD to one extent or another; in the end, just like over there, all we had was each other.

I don't think most of us really expected much, like parades and such; a simple thank you would have been nice, but we didn't hear that much either, not for a long time. Maybe America learned something from that. After the Gulf War, it seemed like we finally got to be respectable again. At any rate, we're getting old now, what's done is done, and except to us, and a few of our detractors, I guess it really doesn't matter anymore.

My husband was a Marine in VN...HE GOT SPIT ON when they came home! He very seldom talks about his time in VN or when they got home. In fact every vet i know from that time has said the spitting, name calling and everything else happened to a majority of them. If you weren't there then you don't know!

I CALL TOTAL BUllshit on this....

every vet you know what bullshit

and yea i was there....my father did two tours....so dont tell me your urban legends are true...when i know its mostly bullmal

it may have happened to a few but it was not the majority...and there were no parades.....there was no glory......it was a hellish war esp after the tet offensive

why do people want to make it worse than is was? there was a lot of bad without adding this urban myth mal

Because they believe, a lie advanced for a good cause, is no sin.

They have heard this myth, they want ever so much to believe it, ergo they think it's okay if they swear it is true and lie about knowing somebody it happened to.

Basically, what we are dealing with here are people without much personal integrity.

Trolls, ya know?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back