Nam greybeards

Last edited:
I'm just happy he wasn't there. God only knows how many lives were saved by his absence.

So the Nam vets got dealt a bad card - inept leadership in a fringe war againat not-very -good foe.

And lost in the long run.

Feel their pain - as I do for the Korea vets -but some of them got in on WW2

Viet Name veterans, many of whom were drafted remember, fought a very unpopular war few of them or their families or friends believed in.

So imagine being in the position of having to take orders from people you didn't respect. to fight a war you didn't believe in, on behalf of a people who faulted YOU for being drafted.

THAT was the Viet Nam veteran's experience in far too many cases.

I do not accept Gins apology. Many freinds and some relatives died there, doing their duty to our nation. To denigrate that service is the mark of an ungratefull ass.

Most union educated kids think VietNam was Nixon's fault because that's the way the media spun it after LBJ tearfully surrendered and gave the VC a new life. Blame the right administration (and the right party) for the debacle of VietNam. Democrats played the same game during the Iraq conflict. They gave permission to Bush to use combat troops and then they sat back and pretended they were bystanders or they supported the jihad. Democrats bought the full page ad in the NY Times calling the US commander "betray-us". Harry Reid should be in prison for treason when he tried to influence the morale of the Troops by telling them "the war is lost" just as the Troop Surge was working. John Kerry called American Troops "terrorists" and democrat congressman Murtha called Marines "murderers. Democrats will never tolerate victory during a republican administration even if it means the deaths of American Troops.

We won every battle without public support but because we were fighting France's conflict the Machine that is American politics would gladly sacrifice American lives and victory in the name of political clout.

The Americans have not won a single war.
WW2 - won the Soviet Union. Vietnam - America lost, the same thing in Iraq and Afghanistan. Even Cuba has not been able to overcome.
The American army - inflated bubble.
Countries have nuclear weapons, Russia, China, India and Iran will soon not worry, Americans do not turn up there.

WW2 - won the Soviet Union. Vietnam - America lost, the same thing in Iraq and Afghanistan. Even Cuba has not been able to overcome.
Countries have nuclear weapons, Russia, China, India and Iran will soon not worry, Americans do not turn up there.

:bsflag:

WWII was won by our production. We gave the USSR over 600,000 trucks, thousands of aircraft, thousands of tanks, millions of rounds of ammunition, billions of pounds of food. Were it not for the US you would have lost by 1943. You had a couple fo real good generals after Stalin murdered your officer corps, Koniev was probably the best, Rokossovsky would be a close second. They saved your country...with US equipment.

WWII was won by our production. We gave the USSR over 600,000 trucks, thousands of aircraft, thousands of tanks, millions of rounds of ammunition, billions of pounds of food. Were it not for the US you would have lost by 1943. You had a couple fo real good generals after Stalin murdered your officer corps, Koniev was probably the best, Rokossovsky would be a close second. They saved your country...with US equipment.

WWII was won by Russian T-34 tank, the equipment the U.S. was only 10% of the needs of the army.

WWII was won by Russian T-34 tank, the equipment the U.S. was only 10% of the needs of the army.

:bsflag:

glad I wasnt one of them

lost the war
Vietnam was not a war and we neither won nor lost.

There was no good reason for our troops being there and the compromising circumstances under which they were forced to function amounted to shameful misuse of our military resources. I was part of the protest movement which ultimately forced an end to that debacle and I am glad to have done that.

glad I wasnt one of them

lost the war
Vietnam was not a war and we neither won nor lost.

There was no good reason for our troops being there and the compromising circumstances under which they were forced to function amounted to shameful misuse of our military resources. I was part of the protest movement which ultimately forced an end to that debacle and I am glad to have done that.

Didn't you fight there as well?

Forum List

Back