Naked Facts from the Bible

5stringJeff said:
The Bible doesn't record the wedding ceremony, but Adam went from single (before Eve) to married, so there must have been something said or done. I really think you're doing the word game thing again.
It's a "Label Game," Jeff. ;)

Darin: :tng:

dmp said:
not even close.

In Eve we have an example of God creating ONE specific Person, for another. When Adam found Eve, they lived together. They didn't recite vows, or stand in front of family and friends. Marriage is only about ONE milestone; A man and woman making a committment. Did Adam, however, ever vocalize his committement to Eve? Why? What would be the point.

"I Adam...take you Eve...forsaking all...oh..wait..nevermind."

Adam and Eve were Mates; indeed in practice they 'lived married to one-another' in some capacity - but to say they 'were' or 'got' married doesn't quite fit.

Personally, I think you're splitting semantic hairs here. How do you know that God did not marry Adam and Eve or that they did not recite vows before God?

dmp said:
not even close.

In Eve we have an example of God creating ONE specific Person, for another. When Adam found Eve, they lived together. They didn't recite vows, or stand in front of family and friends. Marriage is only about ONE milestone; A man and woman making a committment. Did Adam, however, ever vocalize his committement to Eve? Why? What would be the point.

"I Adam...take you Eve...forsaking all...oh..wait..nevermind."

Adam and Eve were Mates; indeed in practice they 'lived married to one-another' in some capacity - but to say they 'were' or 'got' married doesn't quite fit.

But- were they best friends? ;)

Adam's Apple said:
Personally, I think you're splitting semantic hairs here. How do you know that God did not marry Adam and Eve or that they did not recite vows before God?

How do you know they did? It's warm and fuzzy and uncomplicated to think of Adam and Eve as having gotten married. How pissed off would SOME people be to think they just 'lived in sin' (common-law, etc) for their whole lives?

The point that matters is this: Eve was created for Adam and they chose their life together. Yeah, they probably didn't have much options for alternatives, but they chose one-another and that was that. There was no courting. There was no engagement period. In fact, as far as vows go, I bet they had very little language skills to create and recite said vows.

Did God create in them basic sentence structure? Moral Code?

Who knows? I bet Jeff has an idea, though.

dmp said:
In Eve we have an example of God creating ONE specific Person, for another. When Adam found Eve, they lived together.
Ah but the Bible says, ".......And brought her unto man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.......And God blessed them, and God said be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth..........'
That has got to be one of the best marriage ceremonies I've heard. Mine included. ;)

Joz said:
Ah but the Bible says, ".......And brought her unto man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.......And God blessed them, and God said be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth..........'
That has got to be one of the best marriage ceremonies I've heard. Mine included. ;)

Doesn't negate the fact they still 'chose' to live together. :D

dmp said:
Doesn't negate the fact they still 'chose' to live together. :D
Wasn't that 'before' the 'apple'? Before sin, thus before those kind of rules? Not that they're bad, but I mean we are talking about before sickness, death, and all that.

dmp said:
How do you know they did?

Where did I say that they did? I was just asking you to tell us how you know they were not married or that they did not speak some kind of vows before God.

dilloduck said:
If I did I certainly wouldn't tell you !:cof:
So, now you see why women's sexuality needs more protection than men's... All these guys walking around with secret CR goggles. :tng:

Forum List

Back