Nailing Jesus -- The Man Who Never Was

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Both sides should always be discussed when discussing a issue. Well, this is the skeptic side with quite a bit of evidence against the history of the bible. This man puts up a pretty good case in his videos.

Why stop at Jesus? There is no god either. What entity would build a universe , pick on a pissy little planet, make a couple of humans. to recreate and fill the earth then do his best to destroy his creation?
Sounds evil to me. What sort of idiot would allow people to slaughter each other by the billion, inflict diseases including smallpox (the most fearsome virus in existence) on them? A raving lunatic. That's who. Of course this means there is no hell either which can only be a good thing. Of course if you are at the bottom of the social heap you're getting your hell now.

I expect better of atheists. The video is no more than a rehash of the claptrap that was both presented and debunked in the 1800s. The majority of scholars say that Jesus did exist, and even point out that the Gospels themselves are a credible source that Jesus did teach. It can also be shown that Christianity has its roots in Judaism, not in Greek, Roman, or Scandinavian stories.

That being said, no culture lives in a vacuum, and each generation has its own perspective of historical figures, religion, and wars. This is why it is wise to get back to the closest accounts of what was written about any historical figure, while keeping in mind the effects that person had on society.

Does this prove everyone should become Christian? No. People still have to develop and have faith that Jesus and the Apostles were credible witnesses, were who they claimed to be, and were sent/anointed by God with a message.

Atheists, if you don't believe, you don't believe. We accept that. However, you lose every ounce of credibility when you say you don't believe because instead you believe nonsense that was debunked more than a century ago, while scholarly studies do show that Christ lived. Where faith comes in is whether one believes he was just a man, or whether one believes he is the son of God.

But why was Jesus nailed to the cross in only a diaper? Is it some sort of fetish thing?

But why was Jesus nailed to the cross in only a diaper? Is it some sort of fetish thing?

Jesus was stark naked when he was nailed to the cross. The majority (but not all) images of Christ Crucified add the loin cloth of the day to the image for the obvious reason. (You know...so people like you can make fun of it. )

Jesus was stark naked when he was nailed to the cross. The majority (but not all) images of Christ Crucified add the loin cloth of the day to the image for the obvious reason. (You know...so people like you can make fun of it. ;) )
So his shlong was hangin'? Was he circumcized?

Both sides should always be discussed when discussing a issue. Well, this is the skeptic side with quite a bit of evidence against the history of the bible. This man puts up a pretty good case in his videos.

I don't believe he was the son of God but he did live and die. His biography was greatly embellished after his death and that is typical. Think of Reagan or George Washington, how much of their stories are factual and how much are myth created by their admirers?

I don't believe he was the son of God but he did live and die. His biography was greatly embellished after his death and that is typical. Think of Reagan or George Washington, how much of their stories are factual and how much are myth created by their admirers?

While I am not arguing against embellishments (especially as time goes by), the death of someone we know also has a way of removing our own blinders/perspectives so that we also better understand the purposes/perspectives of the deceased.

While I am not arguing against embellishments (especially as time goes by), the death of someone we know also has a way of removing our own blinders/perspectives so that we also better understand the purposes/perspectives of the deceased.
I'd say it is just the reverse. We try to impose meaning on chaos, like a Rorschach test.

Forum List

Back