Nail polish for boys?

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
J.Crew ad stirs up controversy with pink nail polish..

An Advertisement shows a little boy in pink nail polish.

So, what's the big deal anyway?

Well, read here for this story...which reads, in part,

"There’s a new J.Crew ad that has some people’s undergarments in the proverbial wad.
A. The mailer, sent out April 5, was a promotion for free shipping if a customer spends $150 or more.
B. The mailer, which featured J.Crew designer Jenna Lyons and her darling, tow-headed son Beckett, highlights a grey-and-white Coastline-stripe pullover, $65.
C. The photo shows Lyons smiling and holding Beckett’s feet, which are painted in pink Essie for J.CREW nail polish, and has Lyons’ quote, “Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink.”...
TODAYMoms - J.Crew ad stirs up controversy with pink nail polish

J.Crew ad stirs up controversy with pink nail polish..

An Advertisement shows a little boy in pink nail polish.

So, what's the big deal anyway?

Well, read here for this story...which reads, in part,

"There’s a new J.Crew ad that has some people’s undergarments in the proverbial wad.
A. The mailer, sent out April 5, was a promotion for free shipping if a customer spends $150 or more.
B. The mailer, which featured J.Crew designer Jenna Lyons and her darling, tow-headed son Beckett, highlights a grey-and-white Coastline-stripe pullover, $65.
C. The photo shows Lyons smiling and holding Beckett’s feet, which are painted in pink Essie for J.CREW nail polish, and has Lyons’ quote, “Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink.”...
TODAYMoms - J.Crew ad stirs up controversy with pink nail polish

Get the fuck outta here!

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

I personally see nothing wrong with it at all. I just posted to see what others thought of this.

Heck, my brother and I, he older, would fight over who was going to play with which toys. I liked to play with his toy army stuff like the GI Joe Action Tank and other army stuff and mostly boy toys and he would get a hold of my dolls; we grew up just fine.

why dont we back up the short bus and discuss this issue....the issue is sexual identification....now i believe that you are born batting for one team or the other...but i also believe that parents owe it to a child to enforce their gender when the child is young....my son carried a doll for a year or more....no reaction to that...but we re enforced his gender in other ways...tonka trucks etc. i think a lot of sexual identification problems are caused by lack of this enforcement of gender....resulting in bisexual and worse...metrosexuals....

my son wore nail polish...the polish was black.....ahh the goth years...no one misses those....(all them little individauls free thinkers....all dressing in black and thinking they are the first ones to discover abstract thinking while sitting in a dark room smoking pot) them were hard years lol

but one should encourage a child in their gender

I saw the advertisement and I don't see anything wrong with the concept. It only shows a mother and son bonding, my brother used to have her nail polished when we were little kids specially when he wants to have my mom's attention and he's still straight.

I actually painted my son's toes pink a few months ago. I was painting mine, and he wanted his painted. What would have I accomplished by telling him no? He is three, he doesn't care.
The kid also loves trucks and cars, has to take a car with him everywhere.

I actually painted my son's toes pink a few months ago. I was painting mine, and he wanted his painted. What would have I accomplished by telling him no? He is three, he doesn't care.

The big KEY to how I feel about this is ...Did the kid ASK to have his toes painted pink or did the mother encourage it. If the mom encouraged it in any way before the kid showed any interest then IT IS WRONG!

My daughter paints her dog's nails. They hate it but nonetheless...

I think little kids like it, the colors probably amuse them. Older boys still paint their nails black, that look has it's place. I predict metal is making a comeback, it completes that look rather well, imo.

The big KEY to how I feel about this is ...Did the kid ASK to have his toes painted pink or did the mother encourage it. If the mom encouraged it in any way before the kid showed any interest then IT IS WRONG!

The kid probably wanted it, that is the way they are. I put on lotion, my son wants to put on lotion. They love to copy their parents. He also grabs my bras and wears them around his neck.
What is wrong is telling your kid they can't do something, just because it isn't the "right" thing for their gender to do etc.

The kid probably wanted it, that is the way they are. I put on lotion, my son wants to put on lotion. They love to copy their parents. He also grabs my bras and wears them around his neck.
What is wrong is telling your kid they can't do something, just because it isn't the "right" thing for their gender to do etc.

OK..THAT is definitely wrong. Unless he is developing a sexual identity problem. I never had the urge to slap on girl shit. EVER! When I was real young I thought girly stuff was lame. I "got it" later on but still it never crossed my mind to put any of it on. AND I want to qualify these comments from the standpoint of a heterosexual male. If your kid is developing a "feminine " side... So be it. Sounds like he has some kinda desire to be like his mom. No kid I knew as a child ever did that ..at least not in my presence.

Forum List

Back