Nail in the friggin coffin for Crist

They sell a product that renders the cameras useless....
can002.jpg
Exercise your right to privacy and purchase a can....
Stop Photo Cops - Photoblocker License Plate Spray. Block Your Plates From Traffic Cameras

First off, that stuff doesn't work.

Secondly, the issue isn't about trying to break the law and find ways to not get caught.

The issue is these things are by and large used illegitimately to scam motorists.

Interesting statistic in there is that those who favor the Hispanic candidate also favor bringing the AZ immigration law to FL.

Has Rubio said anything about it yet?

Florida GOP puts Charlie Crist painting on eBay

As promised by John Thrasher, the state GOP has put Charlie Crist's portrait on eBay. See here. "Help the Republican Party of FL Get our Money Back!" is the description. And:

★Canvas is naturally sensitive to changes of temperature and humidity, just as the Charlie Crist’s political convictions are subject to fluctuations in poll numbers.

★Depending upon variety of conditions, the stretch canvas may periodically lose and regain tautness, much like Charlie Crist periodically loosens or regains positions on a variety of issues.

★Ornate gold frame made of manufactured wood, similar to the fabricated conservative values of the politician depicted within.

Here's the background on how ousted GOP executive director Delmar Johnson bought oil paintings of himself, Crist and Jim Greer.

Florida GOP puts Charlie Crist painting on eBay

Perfect. They should have gotten Rush LImbaugh and Sarah Palin to autograph it.. they would have gotten all their money and then some.. back..

:eusa_angel:

Crist signs Fla. bill legalizing red light cameras TCPalm.com

TALLAHASSEE — Red light cameras will be fully legal in Florida as of July 1.

Gov. Charlie Crist on Thursday signed a new law that authorizes the cameras as enforcement devices.

Fuck you Crist. Fuck you very much.

...and no. I've never gotten a ticket from one of those things. I just think that all they actually can make an intersection less safe, and open up all kinds of possibilities for the government to fleece their citizens.

Benedict Crist!!!!!

TALLAHASSEE — Red light cameras will be fully legal in Florida as of July 1.

Gov. Charlie Crist on Thursday signed a new law that authorizes the cameras as enforcement devices.

...and no. I've never gotten a ticket from one of those things. I just think that all they actually can make an intersection less safe, and open up all kinds of possibilities for the government to fleece their citizens.

We have a ton of them in Chicago and I have gotten ticketed by them. I hate them, but only the truly ignorant would even try to make an argument that it makes intersections less safe. In honesty, I see less and less people trying to run red lights. I see less and less douche bags take left turns 5 mins after the light has turned red. I more people actually stop at red lights on right turns.

I hate them because they got me twice, but they make the streets 100 fold more safe and in all honesty they do have a positive effect, even if we all hate him!

I can't believe people don't riot in the streets over those red light cameras.

Talk about invasion of privacy. Cameras everywhere. It's very disturbing.

LOL, study invasion of privacy alittle bit. You have no right to privacy in public places!

I like em. There are too many folks gunning lights as it is. You gun the light, you pay a ticket.

Some intersections just aren't safe during rush hour because of Aholes who will see red and charge, so you can't cross. One of them was next to my kids school

It is sort of like that new law in AZ. The law is the law, and we intend to actually enforce the damn thing.

Funny you mention AZ, because they went gangbuster on these cameras. Back when I went to U of A pre-9/11 AZ intersection were so fricking dangerous. Whent the light changed to green you had to wait a few minutes to let all the people go who were running the lights. It was dangerous. I saw many head on collusions.

Fast forward to this year when I went back. Cameras everywhere. No one ran through the intersections. The intersections where a ton safer.

I love when someone takes the exception to the rule and protrays it as the norm.

I guarantee that rear end collusion accidents caused by your assessment far less rare then head on collusion by red light runners. I can also guarantee that fatalities and serious injures are far less rare in rear end collusions then head on collusions by red light runners.

Look I have mixed feelings on these, because I am a very aggressive driver, I run red lights. I have been ticketed TWICE. However, if they make the streets and intersections safer, I am all for them.

However, I do admit I fear the automatic speeder cameras that are comming next. I guarantee they will start placing them in areas where people notoriously speed at. Instead of having cops their, they will have cameras!

why do you think they can make an intersection less safe?

as an aside, there is nothing like the %*$$*$))&**$ moment when you see the camera flash go off as you come through an intersection.

People slamming on brakes waaaay early, the instant the light turns yellow, afraid that they're going to get a ticket. When in actuality they and another car could have gone through OK. Also, redlight camera companies have been proven, with the local government's permission and blessing, to actually SHORTEN the length of time of a yellow light. Then it really makes the situation less safe, and all about the revenues for the government.

Then there's the video from an intersection in LA, watch as it turns from yellow to red:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FndhEE-pKRs]YouTube - Los Angeles' Right-Turn Red Light Camera Trap[/ame]

The blue car got a ticket. And the timing of the light was done on purpose to maximize revenue.

I like em. There are too many folks gunning lights as it is. You gun the light, you pay a ticket.

Some intersections just aren't safe during rush hour because of Aholes who will see red and charge, so you can't cross. One of them was next to my kids school

It is sort of like that new law in AZ. The law is the law, and we intend to actually enforce the damn thing.

Funny you mention AZ, because they went gangbuster on these cameras. Back when I went to U of A pre-9/11 AZ intersection were so fricking dangerous. Whent the light changed to green you had to wait a few minutes to let all the people go who were running the lights. It was dangerous. I saw many head on collusions.

Fast forward to this year when I went back. Cameras everywhere. No one ran through the intersections. The intersections where a ton safer.

Arizona is the only state where I've seen portable speeding cameras set up on freeways. Last summer, from the border to Phoenix and back, I saw more than 20 different set ups.

I think Oregon allows only a set number of portable speeding cameras. And only to be used in school zones. that was the last I heard of it.

I would be more inclined to dislike them if they were less necessary.

Arizona is a state that has always taken its traffic laws seriously. In Texas and New Mexico we could set the cruise control two or three miles over the posted speed limit with no worries. We didn't dare do that in Arizona because there was no tolerance.

But as others have reported, there was a higher incidence of rear end collisions after the red light cameras went in, but the carnage in the intersections themselves did go down significantly. And after the folks made a huge stink over the artificially short caution light time, they do seem to have readjusted that so the intersections can work normally.

No idea whether the cameras are paying for themselves now though.

When I lived in Tampa, I asked a cop what the law was in FL. As to how many cars were allowed to go thru a traffic light after it had turned red.

Tampa could have put 100 more cops to work full time just writing tickets on red light runners.

In Tampa if you are first in line when a light turns green do not go right away if you value your life.

That is only here in Tampa? I have always waited before entering an intersection after the light turned green even when I lived in California. It pays to actually look both ways before you start moving.

What really pisses me off is driving down in Miami especially Miami Beach. Those bastards start hitting their horns expecting you to start going the moment the cross street light turns yellow.

Immie

Forum List

Back