Nader weighs heavy on Kerry's race

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
The New York Times
By ADAM NAGOURNEY and JANET ELDER

Published: March 16, 2004...................

The candidacy of Ralph Nader looms as a potentially lethal threat to Democratic hopes of regaining the White House: With Mr. Nader in the race, Mr. Bush leads Mr. Kerry by 46 percent to 38 percent, with Mr. Nader drawing 7 percent of the votes. In a sign of the polarized electorate Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry are facing, three-quarters of supporters of each candidate asserted they would not change their mind before the election.

The nationwide telephone poll of 1,206 adults, including 984 registered voters, was taken from last Wednesday through Sunday. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.......................

link to full article

7% holy doodle, Nader may even have a chance at a debate appearance.

Yeah let's all drop Bush and Kerry and just vote Nader in for President!!!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Go Nader go!

That'd be great to see the reaction from both Bush and Kerry, when they look at the results, and crinkly old Nader beats em both.

Maybe these next 8 months of Bush/Kerry attacks will have some use after all.

Nader to me, is the equal to Perot in the Bush/Clinton debates. People of whom I know voted for him, only did so because they did not like Bush or Clinton. No other reason.

There are those who don't like Bush period. Nothing he does is correct, everything he does is wrong - no matter what. Perhaps because he is a Bush or he is republican - whatever the reason. Meanwhile these Bush bashers are left with Kerry and are wondering what Kerry is....really? So instead of casting your vote on someone you have no idea on what his stand is on anything you vote for Nader. The man will never be voted for president but for those who need to cast a vote, will do so just because he is not Bush or Kerry.

No I am not voting for Nader either.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Yeah let's all drop Bush and Kerry and just vote Nader in for President!!!

How about you Dems split the vote between Nader and Kerry, and Bush goes on to an easy win?

Oh wait... did I just dream that out loud?

D'oh!

Looking at the totals, even if all of Nader's vote went to Kerry he would still lose. It might be alot closer, but not close enough to really factor into anything.

Id vote for Kerry before i voted for Nader. And I would rather go sky diving without a parachute than vote for Kerry. Nader is just a political ignoramous. He is totally ignorant of why the two party system was set up, wants to destroy many of the checks and balances that keep us free. But then Dean did too and I suspect Kerry favors destroying the Constitution if you could get him to speak clearly on any issue.

I'm all for a Nader run, because the more space GW has to manover the better i feel. The last thing we need is another 2000 florida debacaul. The Dem's would just love that. So in 50 years my grand childern will go to college to be told by a liberal teacher that the Bush presidency of 00-08 was illigitamite and the man was a crook. When in actuallity i'll tell him he was the best pres, we've had in a long time. A man of belives and prinsaple. A man willing to make the unpopular decisions because he knew they were right. That is the def. of a good leader. They make the bad chioces because someone has to make them, and no matter how unpopular they stay the corse till the job is done.

Bush in '04

Originally posted by MtnBiker
7% holy doodle, Nader may even have a chance at a debate appearance. [/B]

And, probably of equal importance - access to federal matching funds.

Originally posted by wonderwench
And, probably of equal importance - access to federal matching funds.

Excellent point! Bring on those Nader ads! Watch Kerry get sucked even further to the left.

A Zogby poll released last week of Arab voters in four states showed Mr. Kerry ahead of Mr. Bush 54 percent to 30 percent, but factoring in Mr. Nader, who is Lebanese-American, the 24 percentage-point lead drops to 13 percentage points.
"He is their left flank," said pollster John Zogby, referring to the Democrats' realized fears of a Nader vote siphon. "These results show that conventional wisdom was wrong, that he was not marginalized and is apparently still Ralph Nader with all capital letters and he still has some support out there.
"The question may be how many states he can get ballot access in," Mr. Zogby added.
Indeed, the biggest obstacle for Mr. Nader continues to be ballot access. The 2000 Green Party candidate is running independently, making him reliant on a cadre of volunteers across the nation — 7,000 so far, according to the campaign — to collect thousands of signatures needed to secure spots on ballots in various states.

link

You know if Kerry had any brains he would try to play the moderate. Make himself look like he is in the center of Bush and Nader. I dont think it would work well but it would probably be a good stategy. I just dont think Kerry could do it.

Yeah I don't think Kerry would do that either. He would be a bear in sheep's clothing trying to be more in the center. Also if Nader is actually going to do as well as some of these early poll suggest, there is not enough votes in that position for Kerry to win the presidency.

Forum List

Back