Nader: War Criminal Obama Worse Than Bush

I'm sure you were okay with Gary Johnson running this year, as long as it wasn't your guy who lost votes to a third party. I feel no sympathy for the likes of Gore, Kerry, or Romney. Some people still vote on principle, instead of whether or not the candidate has a D or R next to their name. Offer people something to vote for instead of complaining when they don't vote your way.

do you think the percentage of the vote that gary johnson took cost you the presidency?

I usually enjoy your posts, Jillian. Don't fall into the same mentality as some nutters on this board, that because I disagree in one area I must have voted for the other guy.

Fair enough. I probably made an assumption

Worse than Bush? Idk. Here is something to think about. Bush had a majority vote. That includes dems! Obama just sends in his drones. No voting needed apparently

bush got democratic votes because he said he was a moderate... who would "run a humble foreign policy" and wouldn't put the religious right in charge of things.

he lied.;...

*shrug*

your party now is more honest about the types of nutjobs they are...

for which i am profoundly grateful to loons like akins and mourdock.

and gore ran a terrible campaign...

(something dems admit and rightwingnuts still can't say about romney).

Well duh! Bushs fault again. How could I be so stoooopid?

he didn't say he'd run a 'humble foreign policy'?
he didn't say he was a moderate?

would you like you rethink your post?

From the article:
""Nader gave Obama this much: He’s the lesser of two evils when compared to GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. But he said Obama is “the more effective evil because he brings credibility, he brings the democratic heritage to it, he has legitimized the lawless war-mongering and militarism abroad of George W. Bush.”

Now, given the second half of this statement and the far right wing/Fox Noise obsession with Al Queda and the threat of Sharia Law, you all should just be smitten with Obama.

Nutters love them some war. But when it is served with a side of Obama.....they suddenly can't stomach it any longer.
To be fair the left hasn't said a word about the ongoing wars and killing of innocent women and children in drone strikes. Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Michael Moore have all but left the building on this issue.

The left is just as full of crap as the right. Two different sides of the same coin, pick your poison.

Nutters love them some war. But when it is served with a side of Obama.....they suddenly can't stomach it any longer.
To be fair the left hasn't said a word about the ongoing wars and killing of innocent women and children in drone strikes. Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Michael Moore have all but left the building on this issue.

The left is just as full of crap as the right. Two different sides of the same coin, pick your poison.

They have?

Some have. Code Pink has been very active against Obama's use of drones.

Madea Benjamin even wrote a book about it.

Truth. You hear an occasional murmur from the left about the drone strikes, but those murmurs are barely audible.

These are interesting statistics. Yet the left still blames Bush for creating terrorists. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

As if Obama doesn't have blood on his hands. Fools and hypocrites. The only good war is a Democrat war apparently.

America's deadly double tap drone attacks are 'killing 49 people for every known terrorist in Pakistan'

Study found war against violent Islamists has become increasingly deadly
Researchers blame common tactic now being used – the 'double-tap' strike
Drone strikes condemned for their ineffectiveness in targeting militants

America's deadly double tap drone attacks are 'killing 49 people for every known terrorist in Pakistan' | Mail Online

They have?
Yup. Penn was very very active during the Bush years. Susan and Tim were out there regularly beating the anti-war drum. When is the last time you heard Moore bashing Obama for his war mongering?

TD hit the proverbial nail on the head:

Dems + War Mongering = Silence

Repubs + War Mongering = Bad, Protests, Letters to the Prez, Hollywood comments at Awards shows, War Crimes, illegal wars, get the troops home now, stop killing innocent women and children, name calling etc

From the article:
""Nader gave Obama this much: He’s the lesser of two evils when compared to GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. But he said Obama is “the more effective evil because he brings credibility, he brings the democratic heritage to it, he has legitimized the lawless war-mongering and militarism abroad of George W. Bush.”

Now, given the second half of this statement and the far right wing/Fox Noise obsession with Al Queda and the threat of Sharia Law, you all should just be smitten with Obama.

See what you have posted at the end is really what is wrong with the liberal left. Bush took out Saddam and the Taliban in Afghanistan and the only way to do either was through war. Doesn't mean anyone likes war or even liked how it was conducted, it is what it was. But the liberal left, in their attempt to cover for Obama, tell a story line such as you have. You and your liberal friends say it so much I really think you start to believe it is true.

Now, I would have voted against both wars myself, Obama did not and he supported the Afghan war. But let's say your storyline is anywhere close to truth. Say I am in love with war and selling war material and making money. Let's say, although not true, I could care less about those killed. Even if both were true it would have absolutely nothing to do with Obama and war crimes.

Unless of course you are saying what Obama has been doing is OK because of what the right thinks? Does Obama take his orders from the conservative right? Is that what you would have us believe???? Really???

From the article:

Does Obama take his orders from the conservative right? Is that what you would have us believe???? Really???

Both parties take orders from the same people. That is why we are doomed to continue a policy of perpetual war no matter who is in the White House.

From the article:

Does Obama take his orders from the conservative right? Is that what you would have us believe???? Really???

Both parties take orders from the same people. That is why we are doomed to continue a policy of perpetual war no matter who is in the White House.

Who are the "same people?"

Defintion of War Crime:

Article 147 of the Fourth Geneva Convention defines war crimes as: "Wilful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, including... wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, unlawful deportation or transfer or unlawful confinement of a protected person, compelling a protected person to serve in the forces of a hostile power, or wilfully depriving a protected person of the rights of fair and regular trial, ...taking of hostages and extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly."

BBC NEWS | Europe | What is a war crime?

Now tell me, who are we at war with? Iraq? Afghanistan? The Taliban? Al Quada?

I would think an American citizen is a protected person, along with his son. So...is Nader right?

Defintion of War Crime:

Article 147 of the Fourth Geneva Convention defines war crimes as: "Wilful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, including... wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, unlawful deportation or transfer or unlawful confinement of a protected person, compelling a protected person to serve in the forces of a hostile power, or wilfully depriving a protected person of the rights of fair and regular trial, ...taking of hostages and extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly."

I would think an American citizen is a protected person, along with his son. So...is Nader right?

The AUMF was unbelievably broad.

Funny you guys weren't complaining when it went "wooosh" through congress.

:eusa_shifty:

Defintion of War Crime:

The AUMF was unbelievably broad.

Funny you guys weren't complaining when it went "wooosh" through congress.

:eusa_shifty:

Complain about what? We are talking about what Nader was talking about, the targeting of and American citizen in a country to which we are not at war. Is that a power you really want a Bush or a Palin to have? I can't remember any other president doing as has Obama. Maybe because they never had the means such as Predator missiles but none the less the American citizen and for that matter OBL were killed without trial. Trials can be held in absentia you know.

Forum List

Back