Nader says draft is imminent

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040412-114403-9384r.htm

Presidential candidate Ralph Nader this weekend warned his constituents that a military draft is pending, and asked younger voters to prepare.
The independent candidate noted that the federal government is filling seats on local draft boards as preparation for a reinstatement of the draft, which was eliminated in 1973.
"The Pentagon is quietly recruiting new members to fill local draft boards, as the machinery for drafting a new generation of young Americans is being quietly put into place," Mr. Nader said in a press release sent out to constituents and posted on his Web site during the weekend.
"Young Americans need to know that a train is coming, and it could run over their generation in the same way that the Vietnam War devastated the lives of those who came of age in the sixties."
Kevin Zeese, a spokesman for the Nader campaign, said draft boards are being rebuilt "right now" and that the demands on the U.S. military are growing.

Nader... boy I hope the liberal fringe goes over to him in droves! I mean, if you are an anti-war liberal, why would you vote for Joh "I'm a Proud Vet" Kerry? Why not vote for the anti-war Nader instead?

(Please oh please oh please...)

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Nader... boy I hope the liberal fringe goes over to him in droves! I mean, if you are an anti-war liberal, why would you vote for Joh "I'm a Proud Vet" Kerry? Why not vote for the anti-war Nader instead?

(Please oh please oh please...)
He seems to be picking up right were Dean left off. I think you are right Jeff, the liberal fringe will move over to Nader.

Monday, April 12, 2004
82nd Airborne soldiers re-enlisting in high numbers
Division has already met goals for retention for fiscal year '04

-----------------------------------------------------

The 82nd has already met its re-enlistment goals for fiscal year 2004, and the year is only half over.....................

full story

Unfortunately for Bush, Howard Dean is supporting John Kerry and he and his organization will work very, very hard to help Kerry win the election.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Unfortunately for Bush, Howard Dean is supporting John Kerry and he and his organization will work very, very hard to help Kerry win the election.

That's got to be the fucking funniest thing I've ever heard! :laugh:

Dean is the laughing stock of the political world. He's an idiot. I'll give him credit though, he's going to Washington and going to take back the White House! YAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Originally posted by acludem

acludem

And its funny how quickly he can switch gears from hating and villifying Kerry to giving him 100%, WWE-style Support.

I dont think we need a wackjob on the campaign trail.

Originally posted by jimnyc
That's got to be the fucking funniest thing I've ever heard! :laugh:

Dean is the laughing stock of the political world. He's an idiot. I'll give him credit though, he's going to Washington and going to take back the White House! YAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You forgot to add "This Sunday at ElectionMania 2004, Im gonna take "Stone cold G Dubbya" and im gonna put him in a world of hurt. Cause i, MachoMan Howard Dean, amm gonna bring it. Can you dig it, oooooo yeaaaa. then YAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH"

Originally posted by insein
You forgot to add "This Sunday at ElectionMania 2004, Im gonna take "Stone cold G Dubbya" and im gonna put him in a world of hurt. Cause i, MachoMan Howard Dean, amm gonna bring it. Can you dig it, oooooo yeaaaa. then YAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH"

How anyone can think this man is an asset to Kerry is beyond me.

Dean's organization is the asset. He has a strong organization that has energized a lot of voters, especially younger voters. Dean, unlike Nader, isn't stupid. He realizes the best way to get rid of Bush is to support Kerry. Nader is on an ego-trip that should earn him enough frequent flyer miles to go to the moon and back.

acludem

However, in true college educated fashion, only NOW do college newspapers catch on the charles rangel submitted a bill to reintroduce the draft.

news link

amazing that it only took them 16 months to get wind of this. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back