Nader Campaign Says It Qualifies for Funds

Originally posted by jimnyc
That wasn't what we were discussing. PJ said he thought Nader was the best candidate, but yet he isn't voting for who he thinks is the best candidate. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Alot of us just don't want four more years of Bush. While I know you do, is it that hard to understand why someone would vote accordingly? The fact that someone would vote for someone they don't see as the "best" candidate just to defeat Bush, should just show you how striongly people feel about not wanting Bush reelected.

So you would vote for someone that you feel less qualified because others are voting for someone else?

and there in lies the problem. Most people are followers not leaders. If those people actually said screw it and voted for who they thought was the best candidate, then nader would probably get more votes than Kerry, but Bush would still win.

So you would vote for someone that you feel less qualified because others are voting for someone else?

I will not be voting for Bush.
That's all I'm admitting to:p:

Basically a warm body as a canidate other than Bush will do?

Says alot about the Democratic nominee.

New slogan - "He may not be the ideal canidate, but he is a warm body"

Originally posted by nycflasher
Alot of us just don't want four more years of Bush. While I know you do, is it that hard to understand why someone would vote accordingly? The fact that someone would vote for someone they don't see as the "best" candidate just to defeat Bush, should just show you how striongly people feel about not wanting Bush reelected.

That just means a lot of people are voting on emotion and aren't using common sense. I wouldn't consider voting for someone that isn't who I want to be president to be "accordingly".

Yes they have an irrational hatred for the man. Also remember that the last time people voted against a candidate instead of for one was in 1976. People despised Gerald Ford because he had not been elected to office by the people. Therefore they voted "Anybody but Ford". And that anybody was Jimmy Carter. A man who is responsible for alot of whats going on today as far as the middle east goes.

Originally posted by MtnBiker

Better slogan.

"He may not stand for anything, but his not Bush. Vote Kerry 2004"

I will not be voting for Bush.
That's all I'm admitting to:p:

Hey, I don't care who you vote for. I just think it's asinine to vote for someone simply because you don't like someone else. You should be voting for who you think represents you in the best fashion possible.

Originally posted by insein
Yes they have an irrational hatred for the man. Also remember that the last time people voted against a candidate instead of for one was in 1976. People despised Gerald Ford because he had not been elected to office by the people. Therefore they voted "Anybody but Ford". And that anybody was Jimmy Carter. A man who is responsible for alot of whats going on today as far as the middle east goes.
Ford was a weak canidate to begin with, the guy wasn't even elected to the Presidency or Vice Presidency.

Ford was a weak canidate to begin with, the guy wasn't even elected to the Presidency or Vice Presidency.

Hense anybody but Ford. Bush just happens to be a strong candidate and thats why i think he'll win easily come November.

Kerry '04: We Think He's Got a Pulse!

Unless of course, they run another dead guy. Im sure if they found the right dead guy, he could do better than Kerry is doing.

Forum List

Back