Nabi Salaeh Protest Reaches Destiniation: Its Own Spring

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
elyakim2.jpg
This last Friday, Palestinian villagers in the small West Bank village of Nabi Saleh finally were allowed to walk to their own stream, for the first time in Friday protests, and the photos are a treasure.

I read, from Israeli 972 Magazine:

"Dozens of residents of Nabi Saleh, joined by supporters from Israel and abroad, marked a historic victory on Friday when they succeeded in reaching the village’s confiscated spring.

Protests in the small hilltop village started in December 2009 as a response to the annexation of the freshwater spring and theft of other village lands by the adjacent settlement of Halamish. Since then, weekly protests have attempted to reach the spring but are always met with harsh military violence. In the past few months, two women’s marches were able to reach the spring in the middle of the week, but this week marked the first time in which the Friday demonstration arrived at the site

Nabi Saleh is a small village of approximately 550 people, twenty kilometers northwest of Ramallah in the West Bank. Halamish (also known as Neveh Tzuf ) was established on lands belonging to the villages of Nabi Saleh and Deir Nidham in 1976."

For first time, weekly Nabi Saleh protest reaches destination: its own spring

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

Last edited:
elyakim2.jpg
This last Friday, Palestinian villagers in the small West Bank village of Nabi Saleh finally were allowed to walk to their own stream, for the first time in Friday protests, and the photos are a treasure.

"Dozens of residents of Nabi Saleh, joined by supporters from Israel and abroad, marked a historic victory on Friday when they succeeded in reaching the village’s confiscated spring.

Protests in the small hilltop village started in December 2009 as a response to the annexation of the freshwater spring and theft of other village lands by the adjacent settlement of Halamish. Since then, weekly protests have attempted to reach the spring but are always met with harsh military violence. In the past few months, two women’s marches were able to reach the spring in the middle of the week, but this week marked the first time in which the Friday demonstration arrived at the site

Nabi Saleh is a small village of approximately 550 people, twenty kilometers northwest of Ramallah in the West Bank. Halamish (also known as Neveh Tzuf ) was established on lands belonging to the villages of Nabi Saleh and Deir Nidham in 1976."

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

:thup:

The Israeli Jewish writers on 972 Magazine and many Israeli posters there have attended many of these weekly nonviolent demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, having often had to get up before sunrise and enter the village through canyons to get there. I cannot even begin to imagine how much the demonstrators reaching the spring means to them.

It is people in the land of Palestine who always choose nonviolence to address injustice, like these Israeli Jews we hear from on 972 Magazine, that give me hope for the future of Palestine and the future all peoples there will share in. And I do not think 64 year old Israel even has a future, except viewed within the context of the position it holds with respect to Palestine and all of its peoples.

Palestine, that was what the land has been known as for over 4000 years, actually the name goes back to the time of Herodotus. He wrote about Palestine. Palestine, the name the land will be known as, for Time Immemorial.

May God Bless Palestine and watch over all of the people there and lead all of her people to Him.

And of course I pray for the peace of Palestine, for the peace of Jerusalem, to come soon, come soon Lord, come soon.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen

Last edited:
elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

If that makes them happy and they don't endanger any Israeli civilian, well then good for them

I have never heard of 972 magazine, though. :eusa_think:

elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

If that makes them happy and they don't endanger any Israeli civilian, well then good for them

Lipush,

I am not surprised hearing a Zionist in Israel is unfamiliar with 972 Magazine, unfortunately it seems like Israelis desiring peace, and peaceful coexistence, grows smaller every day. I find myself thinking about an Israeli I had discussions with on another site, and him speaking about many years ago his wife being involved with the peace movement there, but that she no longer was. I find myself thinking about the huge numbers of Israelis who got out and marched, protesting Sabra and Shatila, and how they are not there anymore, those same people, mostly Israeli Jews, who once cared so much about peaceful coexistence.

I will never forget reading Tom Segev's book 1967, and reading about how Israeli Jews saw the Arabs among them, around them, I am speaking about the civilain population, they really did not see them at all. It was so surreal, and so much like the Civil Rights Movement in the South times, the way the white residents did not see the black residents. I did not even see the truth about all of this myself until I saw the racism and prejudice in Palestine, it took seeing that to open my eyes to racism and prejudice around me. And this is just one of the many ways I have been Blessed by turning my eyes and mind and heart to Palestine and the conflict there.

Racism and prejudice is such an ugly thing, we so often do not even see it, the same way we do not see the others, we do not see the others as human beings like us, either, as just like we are, created in the image of God, exactly the same way we are, the same way we all are.

I am even encouraged by your response to this story, that you do not begrudge them their walk to their spring.

Sherri

It is people in the land of Palestine who always choose nonviolence to address injustice,

:lmao:

Like in here???

Murder of Shalhevet Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:mad::mad::mad:

In the year 2000, 91 Palestinian children were killed by Israel. No Israeli children were killed that year.

Of those 91 Palestinian children killed, 48 were shot in the head.

Remember These Children 2000 Memorial

In which post have I said that Israel never took any prohibited violent act?

You're clearly missing my point. Sherri said that Palestinians are always peaceful and never violent.

The murder of Shalhevet pass is a classic example of her statement?

Try to see my point, please.

We should always remember the children.

elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

Lipush,

I am not surprised hearing a Zionist in Israel is unfamiliar with 972 Magazine, unfortunately it seems like Israelis desiring peace, and peaceful coexistence, grows smaller every day. I find myself thinking about an Israeli I had discussions with on another site, and him speaking about many years ago his wife being involved with the peace movement there, but that she no longer was. I find myself thinking about the huge numbers of Israelis who got out and marched, protesting Sabra and Shatila, and how they are not there anymore, those same people, mostly Israeli Jews, who once cared so much about peaceful coexistence.

I will never forget reading Tom Segev's book 1967, and reading about how Israeli Jews saw the Arabs among them, around them, I am speaking about the civilain population, they really did not see them at all. It was so surreal, and so much like the Civil Rights Movement in the South times, the way the white residents did not see the black residents. I did not even see the truth about all of this myself until I saw the racism and prejudice in Palestine, it took seeing that to open my eyes to racism and prejudice around me. And this is just one of the many ways I have been Blessed by turning my eyes and mind and heart to Palestine and the conflict there.

Racism and prejudice is such an ugly thing, we so often do not even see it, the same way we do not see the others, we do not see the others as human beings like us, either, as just like we are, created in the image of God, exactly the same way we are, the same way we all are.

I am even encouraged by your response to this story, that you do not begrudge them their walk to their spring.

Sherri
Forked tongued liar who thinks by trashing Jews and Israel she will gain favor among the Islamist animals she hangs out with, forgot that Muslims and Arabs have the market on racism and hate cornered.

In the year 2000, 91 Palestinian children were killed by Israel. No Israeli children were killed that year.

You're clearly missing my point. Sherri said that Palestinians are always peaceful and never violent.

In that same year 103 Palestinian children were killed.

Why didn't you mention them? What point do you want me to see?

In that same year 103 Palestinian children were killed.

Why didn't you mention them? What point do you want me to see?

The point is that whoever said that Palestinians are never violent and always peaceful, is lying.

THAT was my point.

elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

Lipush,

Sherri

I'm not sure I understand the translation of "begrudge", but I take it means negative something. Why would I care? from the photo, I see civilians and children, as long as they are not harming anyone, why should I care if they go to the stream? If their joyous day would have ended up with an Israeli or a Jew being hurt, i would have cared. otherwise, pfft, they can knock themselves out.

I don't see Sabra and Shatila as something Israel was responsible for, nor 99% of Israelis do. Since Israel was involved with Lebanon, ovciously the blame is on Israel. Fact is, that Muslims and Christians in Lebanon Killed eachother. That is what happened in there. Funny enough, the blame was put on the Jews.

Take it back. Not funny at all.

As for being an activist of peace movement, which one are you talking about.? We have relatives in Central Israel that their daughter was very much involved in the peace process, so called. She was very much active in the left wing, used to go to Jenin and Arab villages, and basically, made her mother sleepless at night, since she always had nightmared that she would get killed by a fanatic Arab or something. Lately she began to understand that it was useless. She began to ask us how are lives in the south, if we're afraid. She never did that before, and it made me glad that she listened to us too. She doesn't go to the Arab villages anymore, and we all are very thankful for that. That's dangerous.

The root of racism is not hate. It's fear. When I was young the kindergarten I was in was in his most including Ashkenazi Jews. I was Latina, and the difference spoke volums. I wasn't clear skinned like the others, the shape of my face was not, and never will be, Ashkenazi. My eyes and skin were brown and tanned in a very south American way. The children didn't hate me, but they didn't approach me all to much, at first. It wasn't about racism, or known racism, anyway, kids at the age of 5 don't hate, but they fear what is different from what they're used to see.

The Israeli Palestinian conflict is not about pure racism either. It's about harming each other so much, in such a way that it will be very VERY hard to fix. I lost my ability to feel symparthy for the people of Gaza. The people of Gaza never felt sympathy for the people of the south. That is because we took their lives and they took ours. that is not racism, that is war. I will never be able to forget the look in the eyes of the terrorist that started shooting at the shopping mall where I was in. That fear will never leave me. in the same whay I know Palestinians are afraid.

I will never be able to feel real sympathy for them anymore, i don't think I will have the inside ability to, anymore. I will know its wrong, but feel? I don't think so.

elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

It's a Left Wing blog;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/+972_(magazine)

elyakim2.jpg

tamimi2.jpg

tamimi.jpg

Sherri

It's a Left Wing blog;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/+972_(magazine)

Figured as much

Lipush,

So much for my thinking for even a moment that you might care something about truth, you obviously do not.

Sherri

Sherri,

You seem to have formed the interesting idea that ONLY left-wing blogs contain truth, that no truth is to be found anywhere else.

I do not think that is a very reasonable view at all.

Marg

Forum List

Back