NAACP vs. Black Parents-Standing in the doorway to protect failed schools

So, because one idiotic racist says that, you think we all think it? Geeeez. How dumb is that? Genuine question. We have black racists on this board, so - by your own standards - that makes all our black members racists. See how stupid that is?

Here is what I posted:

"Do all of you posters feel that blacks are better under white leadership, as was stated in another thread"?

What does the symbol "?" at the end of a sentence denote? Was I making a statement or posing a question?

If you are going to come at me you better upgrade your reading comprehension skills.

If you have to ask that ludicrous question, then frankly, you deserve for people to 'come at you'. Do you honestly believe that conservatives are that stupid that we think whites make better leaders? Really? Or is that just left wing bullshit?

So, because one idiotic racist says that, you think we all think it? Geeeez. How dumb is that? Genuine question. We have black racists on this board, so - by your own standards - that makes all our black members racists. See how stupid that is?

Here is what I posted:

"Do all of you posters feel that blacks are better under white leadership, as was stated in another thread"?

What does the symbol "?" at the end of a sentence denote? Was I making a statement or posing a question?

If you are going to come at me you better upgrade your reading comprehension skills.

If you have to ask that ludicrous question, then frankly, you deserve for people to 'come at you'. Do you honestly believe that conservatives are that stupid that we think whites make better leaders? Really? Or is that just left wing bullshit?

The words that I linked were spoken by a left winger? Were the posters on the "White Identity" thread left wingers?

Here is what I posted:

The words that I linked were spoken by a left winger? Were the posters on the "White Identity" thread left wingers?

No, it's a standard left wing tactic to brand all conservatives as racists. I suppose, to the intellectually challenged, that's the easiest way to "win"... but it just is not true. Pity that the truth seems not to matter... it's the "winning" that matters.

No, it's a standard left wing tactic to brand all conservatives as racists. I suppose, to the intellectually challenged, that's the easiest way to "win"... but it just is not true. Pity that the truth seems not to matter... it's the "winning" that matters.

My asking a question is branding? I was trying to establish a baseline.

No, you're trying to establish that all right wingers are racist. We are not. I'm frankly sick and tired of being called a racist because I don't support Obama.

I didn't vote for him AND he is black. That is not the same as; I didn't vote for him BECAUSE he is black. His skin color is meaningless. But, there are a lot of blacks who voted for him BECAUSE he is black. Are they racists?

No, you're trying to establish that all right wingers are racist. We are not. I'm frankly sick and tired of being called a racist because I don't support Obama.

I didn't vote for him AND he is black. That is not the same as; I didn't vote for him BECAUSE he is black. His skin color is meaningless. But, there are a lot of blacks who voted for him BECAUSE he is black. Are they racists?

If blacks vote historically 94% democratic and Obama got 97% of the black vote does that mean that 3% of the black voters voted based on race?

If blacks vote historically 94% democratic and Obama got 97% of the black vote does that mean that 3% of the black voters voted based on race?

No, it means that blacks have been held back by the Democrats. They don't treat blacks as individuals, they care only about the 'voting block'. They treat blacks as a 'project', not as people. They pander to the fears of blacks, not because they care, but because they want the votes.

Last edited:
Do all of you posters feel that blacks are better under white leadership, as was stated in another thread?

In this case, it seems the "blacks" are committed to a particular outcome and the leadership is committed to a different outcome.

One might suppose, if one were cynical, that the 'blacks" might have the best interests of their children at heart. Since the outcome they desire is in direct opposition to the outcome pushed by their leaders, one might suspect the motives of their leaders.

It might be a good idea for you to consider why the "blacks" want something that their leaders do not want.

This is less a case of imposing white leadership on blacks than it is allowing the blacks to find leaders who will lead them to accomplish their goals rather than use them to accomplish the goals of others.

Nothing is more frightening to a Liberal than to see people start to think.

How is merely closing these schools going to improve these childrens education?

Now they will just be bused farther away from home and still not be at grade level?

More time on a bus will fix it?

How is blocking Charter schools helping these kids? You would prefer they never have a chance to succeed?

Disgusting left wing partisanship.

Charter schools give them a chance to succeed? Are there numbers to back that up?

In all seriousness, any change from the norm of inner city, minority dominated schools wouldalmost certainly be improvement.

STATS: Test scores, graduation rates, and school vouchers

The evidence
At the time of Obama’s editorial meeting, the most reliable information was found in nine gold-standard analyses of random assignment voucher programs serving disadvantaged students. Seven of these studies evaluated privately funded, partial-tuition voucher programs in New York City, the District of Columbia, Dayton, Ohio and Charlotte, North Carolina. One study evaluated a publicly funded program in D.C. and another evaluated the Milwaukee program.

Eight of these evaluations reported positive and statistically significant achievement gains for all students or at least for African Americans. One evaluation showed no benefits. However, it would be fair to say that the achievement impact is modest at best, especially in light of voucher having been heralded as the “panacea” of education reform by advocated in the early 1990s.

I see nothing wrong with allowing parents (any color) to have a choice for public vs charter or private schools. The fact that the NAACP is NOT on the side of black parents in this issue speaks volumes about that organization. Like the teacher's unions, it is not about providing a better education for kids, it's about protecting their political power. And that's pretty sad.

Years ago former teacher's union head Albert Shanker: "when school children start paying union dues, that's when I'll start representing the interests of school children". Looks like the NAACP feels the same way.

not altogether unsurprising, but pathetic nonetheless. Where is the black leadership when you need them?
A- cowering in Washington because they have been bought, they have leverage but won't use it.

* REVIEW & OUTLOOK
* JUNE 4, 2011

Here's something you don't see everyday. Thousands of American blacks held a rally in Harlem last week to protest . . . the NAACP.

The New York state chapter of the civil rights organization and the United Federation of Teachers, the local teachers union, have filed a lawsuit to stop the city from closing 22 of Gotham's worst schools. The lawsuit also aims to block the city from giving charter schools space to operate in buildings occupied by traditional public schools.

Protesters at the rally, which included parents and charter school operators like Geoffrey Canada of the Harlem Children's Zone, urged the NAACP to withdraw from the suit. But Hazel Dukes, president of the state NAACP chapter, is unpersuaded. Using the kind of language more readily associated with past opponents of black civil rights, Ms. Dukes said that critics of the lawsuit "can march and have rallies all day long. . . . We will not respond."

What schoolhouses is Ms. Dukes standing in the doorway to protect? Well, at the Academy for Collaborative Education, one of the Harlem schools that the city wants to close, only 3% of students were performing at grade level in English last year, and only 9% in math. At Columbus High School in the Bronx, another school slated for closure, the four-year graduation rate in 2009 was 40%, versus a citywide average of 63%, and less than 10% of special education students graduated on time.

more at-
Review & Outlook: NAACP vs. Black Parents - WSJ.com

Vouchers are going to kill public schools. We need to give every child a voucher and let the parent decide where to send them to school, public schools deserve to die.

Now they will just be bused farther away from home and still not be at grade level?

Better question, how is keeping them open and doing the same thing going to fix it. The plan is to replace these schools with charter schools and to give parents options.

How is blocking Charter schools helping these kids? You would prefer they never have a chance to succeed?

Disgusting left wing partisanship.

Charter schools give them a chance to succeed? Are there numbers to back that up?

There are certainly numbers to back up how bad the schools are now, yet the NAACP, and the union, wants to keep them open. Does that tell you anything?

You want a baseline?

Take a look at the rep points of the idiot that started that thread. Then take a look at the rep points of people who are posting in this thread. The baseline on this board is right there, the more people that agree with a person the higher their rep.

If the Superintendent of Schools had ANY balls he'd just close those schools. Pathetic that only 3% of students are reading at grade level.

And it figures that TruthBeDamned is quite happy with only 3% of blacks actually being able to read at the level they should be at.

There never will be a successful educational program until teachers stop promoting students who do not meet the standards of each grade and the end of the year. Until teachers and parents understand and expect this qualification for promotion, these poor records and statistics will continue regardless of the type of schools each community has.

Forum List

Back