NAACP To Use Latest Technology To Fight Racism

Oh and I find it strange that anyone would equate police misconduct with racism.

What would you call it when a black man accuses white officers of police brutality, only to find out later that the black man fabricated the entire story. Would that make that black man a racist?

I think it's funny that the NAACP head's name is "Jealous."

Who are you jealous of?

Whites who manage not to make criminal behavior a centerpiece of their lives?

Oh noes ... they are going to make a website ... like we need another "all black" site on the net ... bah, it'll just be ignored like the others thankfully.

Charlie Bass here is a quote from your link -

Combining its century-old mission of fighting for equality with the instantaneous reach of modern-day technology, the NAACP has launched a program that lets people use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct.

The “rapid response system” was officially launched Monday as part of the annual convention for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. This year, the organization is marking the centennial of its founding in New York City in 1909.

1 - Is this about fighting racism or a program that lets people use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct?

2 - Can a white person use this program and use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct against people other than colored people?

3 - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - sure sounds racist?

Combining its century-old mission of fighting for equality with the instantaneous reach of modern-day technology, the NAACP has launched a program that lets people use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct.

The “rapid response system” was officially launched Monday as part of the annual convention for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. This year, the organization is marking the centennial of its founding in New York City in 1909.

1 - Is this about fighting racism or a program that lets people use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct?

2 - Can a white person use this program and use their cell phones to report incidents of police misconduct against people other than colored people?

3 - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - sure sounds racist?

Number 3 is as plain and simple as it gets!
Including every other organization, group, site that segregates ... so why cant whites do it as well and host event without being called racist????

Oh and I find it strange that anyone would equate police misconduct with racism.

What would you call it when a black man accuses white officers of police brutality, only to find out later that the black man fabricated the entire story. Would that make that black man a racist?

Don't be silly; that's just the White man making th Black man look like a liar when he's not. Evil white people... :evil:

Obviously dumbBass is smart enough not to engage me in a debate. If you're scared , just say you're scared!

Digital technology is going to make it harder for cops to beat the crap out of people with impunity, that's obvious.

Whether they're motivated by racism or merely because they're fucking assholes is basically irrelevant.

It's still a good thing.

Digital technology is going to make it harder for cops to beat the crap out of people with impunity, that's obvious.

Whether they're motivated by racism or merely because they're fucking assholes is basically irrelevant.

It's still a good thing.

I agree, but I'd still prefer to see the NAACP concentrating on issues that actually have to do with positive "Advancement" of Colored People - a far more worthy activity.

NAACP Mission Statement:

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.

Sounds fairly even handed, right (despite the obvious contradiction in the name NAACP)?

But the answer to your point 2 would depend. A white person beating up a black person is often seen as racially motivated, whereas a black person beating up a white person is not.

On this basis, the NAACP does not have to act as an advocate for whites since they are not victims of racism.

It's still a good thing.

I agree, but I'd still prefer to see the NAACP concentrating on issues that actually have to do with positive "Advancement" of Colored People - a far more worthy activity.

Seems to me that if Blacks are subject to racist beating by the cops, the NAACP ought to be part of the solution to that problem.

However, if anyone ought to be creating a nexus for reporting such things it ought to be the the department of justice.

Police brutality is a violation of civil rights regardless of the color of its victims.

Forum List

Back