NAACP to sue Businesses tied to Slavery

..... Right out of the Jesse Jacksons handbook..... :bat: I wonder if the ACLU will jump on these cases?????

Wonder if one could sue NAACP for severe emotional distress for being such a racist organization and making people who arent African American feel like garbage because of the color of their skin or because their ancestors might have been slave owners.

I'm disturbed by the fact that the NAACP is planning to boycott any businesses that don't score passing grades on its "Diversity Report Card".

Isn't the whole concept of "grades", itself, just a holdover from the oppressive, racist heirarchy? Isn't the NAACP preventing these businesses from "feeling good about themselves"?

Do these people realize that some companies will re-think moving to Chicago and Phillidelphia instead of buckling under to this type of blackmail???

I don't understand why groups like this can't look at the positive things going on in the black community.. There was almost a black president - Colin Powel, Lawyers, Doctors, Senators, and Congressman. Instead they are stuck in history complaining about slavery 150 yrs ago. Yes, it was an awful time in our history, but everyone who was involved in it is long dead, it's time to let it die already.

I wonder how many African countries/business will be sued as well...Africa was probably the single largest supplier of, well, africans to the colonial US of A that I can think of.

nucular said:
I think the US Government should pay reparations to all former slaves.

How many former slaves are still alive you dork?

GotZoom said:
I hope that was what he meant - just a poor attempt at humor.

Good attempt at humor, so subtle cP couldn't pick up on it.

What'll it be guys? If the humor is bombastic, people whither, if it's subtle they don't get it. Humor is one of the things that most distinguishes humanity from the animals. Is it not allowed here? I know, you'll probably say use the humor section, but nothing is funnier than religion and politics and some of these posts just beg for a humorous response. The best humor is spontaneous.

nucular said:

What'll it be guys? If the humor is bombastic, people whither, if it's subtle they don't get it. Humor is one of the things that most distinguishes humanity from the animals. Is it not allowed here? I know, you'll probably say use the humor section, but nothing is funnier than religion and politics and some of these posts just beg for a humorous response. The best humor is spontaneous.

But is it humour if nobody 'gets' it? Work on your delivery - that's my advice.

:D

nucular said:

ok your humor line was a duh....just because you laughed doesn't mean paying out nothing to abused dead black people is funny

-=d=- said:
But is it humour if nobody 'gets' it? Work on your delivery - that's my advice.

:D

Excuse me I overestimated the intelligence of the people on this forum. Let me spell it out to you, apologies to the people who got it. If slavery ended 140 years ago and if reparations should be paid to all former slaves and if it's unlikely that any of them are still alive at the age of 140+

THEN..........DUH!!?!?!?!?!?

Do you get it now?

People have been accusing me of being a liberal, then I make a nice right wing comment and nobody gets it because it's not exactly the same as how Rush Limbaugh phrased it. Come on people, use it or lose it!

:banana2:

nucular said:
Excuse me I overestimated the intelligence of the people on this forum. Let me spell it out to you, apologies to the people who got it. If slavery ended 140 years ago and if reparations should be paid to all former slaves and if it's unlikely that any of them are still alive at the age of 140+

Do you get it now?

People have been accusing me of being a liberal, then I make a nice right wing comment and nobody gets it because it's not exactly the same as how Rush Limbaugh phrased it. Come on people, use it or lose it!

Sorry that we can't read your thoughts and intentions....

when one makes a humorous comment, it is customary to use one of these -> :)

manu1959 said:
ok your humor line was a duh....just because you laughed doesn't mean paying out nothing to abused dead black people is funny

This would almost make me believe that you agree with reparations?

Isn't there, like, a statute of limitaitions on the time frame in which you have to file suit, and didn't that thing expire about 100 or so years ago?

I swear, what the NAACP fails to understand is that the effects of slavery would have dissipated by now if they hadn't convinced black people to just sit in their homes and leech off the government and white guys they can get away with suing. Instead, most people who are behind suits like this want to be able to either sit in their homes and get paid for being black or they think they can get into the NBA. THAT, not slavery, is the DIRECT cause of the plight of black Americans in this country today.

Let's follow this reasoning to its logical conclusion. Who will pay reparations to my husband for the death of his ancestors who fought for the North in the Civil War?

nucular said:

Do you get it now?

soo...just to be clear...was it a 'right-wing' or a 'humorous' comment?

;)

Forum List

Back