NAACP Calls Timing Of IRS Probe 'Suspicious'

W

White knight

Group's Tax-Exempt Status Questioned

POSTED: 1:33 pm EDT October 29, 2004
UPDATED: 1:40 pm EDT October 29, 2004

WASHINGTON -- The chariman of the NAACP said an Internal Revenue Service investigation of the civil rights group "doesn't pass the smell test."

Julian Bond said the IRS is reviewing the group's tax-exempt status over his July speech that was critical of President George W. Bush.

Bond said the probe's timing, "a few days ahead of the election," is suspicious.

NAACP President Kweisi Mfume said it is "regrettable that the IRS would seek to silence" the civil rights group.

The head of the IRS would not comment on the specifics of the case, but said in a statement that any suggestion of politically motivated audits is "repugnant."
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041029-043615-5524r.htm

Of course they do. For the NAACP - ANY action against them is PURELY racially motivated...any action they take against anyone else is 'in the interest of equallity'.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ugh, the NAACP is quickly turning into the KKK of the 1930s. They attempt to control politics to get their racially motivated agenda passed. It's sick. Next thing you know, they'll be lynching white people (who aren't gay, of course) and burning crosses in their lawns.

Hobbit said:
Ugh, the NAACP is quickly turning into the KKK of the 1930s. They attempt to control politics to get their racially motivated agenda passed. It's sick. Next thing you know, they'll be lynching white people (who aren't gay, of course) and burning crosses in their lawns.

I know you're young Hobbit...trust me, this ain't new, it's been going on for 20+ years.

Jesse should spout off any day now, too.

Mr. P said:
I know you're young Hobbit...trust me, this ain't new, it's been going on for 20+ years.

Jesse should spout off any day now, too.

yuppers--gotta get the blacks inflamed and voting---my apologies to the blacks who already are wise enough to recognize the same old routine.

The only thing in that article that "doesn't pass the smell test", is the same old stale rhetoric coming from the primier racist group of the century.

perhaps the IRS is just concerned that the NAACP has been paying its employees in crack and therefore hasn't been all above the board on its taxes??? just a thought...

dilloduck said:
yuppers--gotta get the blacks inflamed and voting---my apologies to the blacks who already are wise enough to recognize the same old routine.
True. The reason it takes the Rehvurend Jackson a bit longer to respond is that he has to work up a rhyming phrase first.

The NAACP enjoys a tax exempt status under the same statute which covers churches. There is a provision in that statute which states that these institutions must not actively engage in political campaigning in order to be exempt from taxes. Sort of the "no taxation without representation" concept in reverse.

So when churches or the NAACP start meddling in elections, then they should have to pay for that right by coughing up taxes just the same as the rest of us.

And I have to indulge a gratuitous insult - Julian Bond is the black answer to John Kerry.

It will be interesting to see the realtionship "develop" when the NAAH forms.

(national association for the advancement of Hispanics)

dilloduck said:
It will be interesting to see the realtionship "develop" when the NAAH forms.

(national association for the advancement of Hispanics)

LOL - you faked me out. Before I read the second line, I thought the NAAH was going to be the National Association for the Advancement of Honkies.

:p:

Does anybody feel that this in unprecedented, for the simple fact they have been involved in hosting presidents and endorsing them in the past and have not been subject to IRS investigation.

nope. If anything, its been a long time coming. If the catholic church were officially endorsing candidates, about how many seconds do you think would pass before the ACLU had a class-action lawsuit asking for removal of their tax exempt status?

They claim to have done it in the past, with no backlash.

NATO AIR, posted a good link,
they are targeting blacks in the south with letters of intimidation.
Coincidence or a continued pattern of a mode of operation?

dilloduck said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Are honkies allowed to advance ?

Yes, they may advance toward a job cleaning toilets while affirmative action puts blacks who can't spell their own names in charge of the "human resources" department at the company.

White knight said:
NATO AIR, posted a good link,
they are targeting blacks in the south with letters of intimidation.
Coincidence or a continued pattern of a mode of operation?

Just like you have letters to white people with the same "so called" intimidation. Its all political propaganda. IT goes both ways. You get tons of crap in the mail whether you support Bush or kerry bashing and praising both sides as well as local candidates. Specific threats of intimidation against individual groups have been thus far untrue.

Forum List

Back