NAACP and Obama's admin rush to judgment

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
thats the real story, but you won't see libs talking about it much, if at all....much easier to talk about breitbart and fox news....let's ignore the people who actually fired her because they rushed to judgment

i predict this thread will get little response from libs

you're right... he should never believe rightwingnuts like breitbart. shame on him for that.

but shame on the pathetic lying rightwingnuts for even pursuing this made up 'story'.

its not a matter of belief, its called doing your homework before you FIRE someone...it was clear as day the clips were, well...clipped...

the only lie i've seen is that implication she did this while working for the USDA....it is not a lie that her actions were racist

this story would barely be alive today, if at all, if the naacp and obama's admin hadn't rushed to judgment...thats a fact jack

It's not the first time damage control came before justice. It won't be the last I'm sure. But you've got a good point here, Yurt. A lot of people screwed up on this one.

Yes - the real story is in fact the Obama administration's inane knee jerk reaction to a blog post. Also the NAACP's reaction to a speech that was actually GIVEN TO THEM not so long ago. Both the Obama administration and the NAACP denounced Sherrod, and then hastily backtracked - making both appear utterly incompetent. Not so important when it is the NAACP, but VERY IMPORTANT when it is the administration of the President of the United States.

As for the quickly attempted smear against Fox News - not gonna work. The record shows Fox acted cautiously on the story and gave it only little mention prior to the Obama administration going nutso against Mrs. Sherron and demanding she resign.

This incident is a stark warning to the American people of just how incompetent the Obama administration is repeatedly proving itself to be.

And as an aside - it should also be noted that the original Breitbart video does in fact show evidence of racism within the NAACP. As Mrs. Sherrod was giving an example of her own previous racism, those in attendance were indicating AGREEMENT with her racist positions. Another point of reference the mainstream media is quickly attempting to ignore...

It's not the first time damage control came before justice. It won't be the last I'm sure. But you've got a good point here, Yurt. A lot of people screwed up on this one.

true and we all need to learn how to deal with the internet age

what boggles the mind about naacp and obama's admin is that they relied solely on a blogger who doesn't hide the fact that he is solely for the right, i don't think he claims to be unbiased at all...

what boggles the mind about naacp and obama's admin is that they relied solely on a blogger who doesn't hide the fact that he is solely for the right, i don't think he claims to be unbiased at all...
___

Great point.

Hell, I hope not! :lol:

It doesn't excuse what Breitbart and the other players on the media side did. At all. But yeah, the Administration was way too knee jerk on this. A LOT of people were wrong here, on both "sides".

It doesn't excuse what Breitbart and the other players on the media side did. At all. But yeah, the Administration was way too knee jerk on this. A LOT of people were wrong here, on both "sides".

Not so sure on the Breitbart issue - he showed a video that appears to show NAACP members in agreement with Mrs. Sherrod's example of past racism. And while there is some redemptive qualities at the end of the full clip - Mrs. Sherrod transitions from seeming to advocate division of race to advocating division of status - the war of the haves and have nots if you will - neither of which sends a positive message regarding the beliefs of our government officials.

But the fact remains that Breitbart is a blogger with a well known bias.

It appears that the Obama administration threw this woman under the bus based on the fear that Fox News was going to report the story - and they did so prior to Fox News reporting the story to any great degree. I believe it was only briefly mentioned by O'Reilly just prior to the White House demanding she resign.

That does not show an Obama administration that practices due dilligence or competence - what it does show is an increasingly fearful and reactionary administration- and such a state does nothing for the American people, and will certainly further embolden our enemies abroad...

you're right... he should never believe rightwingnuts like breitbart. shame on him for that.

but shame on the pathetic lying rightwingnuts for even pursuing this made up 'story'.

Yep those nasty Conservatives like Breitbart, Not the honest up standing journalists you got there on the left.

LOL :cuckoo:

Possibly the most important aspect of this story is yet another Knee Jerk, Not well thought out reaction by this president. One of many so far. He seems to have a pattern of reacting with out knowing all the facts.

Last edited:

Yep those nasty Conservatives like Breitbart, Not the honest up standing journalists you got there on the left.

because breitbart doesn't have a history of lying, eh?

i look forward to seeing you actually make a contribution.

but i don't care to hold my breath that long.

Not so sure on the Breitbart issue - he showed a video that appears to show NAACP members in agreement with Mrs. Sherrod's example of past racism. And while there is some redemptive qualities at the end of the full clip - Mrs. Sherrod transitions from seeming to advocate division of race to advocating division of status - the war of the haves and have nots if you will - neither of which sends a positive message regarding the beliefs of our government officials.

But the fact remains that Breitbart is a blogger with a well known bias.

It appears that the Obama administration threw this woman under the bus based on the fear that Fox News was going to report the story - and they did so prior to Fox News reporting the story to any great degree. I believe it was only briefly mentioned by O'Reilly just prior to the White House demanding she resign.

That does not show an Obama administration that practices due dilligence or competence - what it does show is an increasingly fearful and reactionary administration- and such a state does nothing for the American people, and will certainly further embolden our enemies abroad...

Breitbart edited that vid to look like something it wasn't - as the unedited video later showed. FOX ran the false, edited version per standard operatig procedure. By any definition, they lied. That's bullshit, and the Administration's rush to throw Sherrod under the bus doesn't make it right. It just makes them both wrong.

Of course you wouldn't be you if you didn't try to spin us all dizzy. Go right ahead...it saves me the money I would have spent at the amusement park. :razz:

Possibly the most important aspect of this story is yet another Knee Jerk, Not well thought out reaction by this president. One of many so far. He seems to have a pattern of reacting with out knowing all the facts.
____

That IS the major and still developing component of this story.

The Obama Administration's "throw them under the bus" mentality...

Forum List

Back