N.Y. Sen. Clinton says immigration bill would make her a criminal

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
GOOD GRIEF

By DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writer

April 5, 2006, 5:27 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton charged Wednesday that a House GOP immigration bill would make her and her Senate aides criminals, and warned of a "ticking time bomb" lurking in the U.S. economy.

Clinton's latest comments on the immigration debate in Congress follow earlier remarks in which she said the bill, written by Reps. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., and Peter King, R-N.Y., would probably criminalize "even Jesus himself."

Speaking to the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, she claimed her work on behalf of New York constituents would run afoul of the House bill setting penalties for anyone who knowingly assists or encourages illegal immigrants to remain here.

"I realize I would be a criminal, too. My staff would be criminal. We help people with all kinds of problems," said Clinton, D-N.Y., prompting titters in the audience.

Democratic critics and the Catholic Church complain such language would make even humanitarian assistance to an illegal immigrant a crime; the bill's authors dismiss the claim as an absurd attempt to defeat the bill.

Clinton urged the Hispanic business leaders to help defeat such measures by resisting what she called misinformation in the emotionally charged immigration debate.

"We need to help educate the entire American public. We need to put the face of America and hardworking Americans on this debate," she said.

Rep. Peter King charged Clinton is the one spreading misinformation, saying the only way his bill would make her a criminal is if she was a "coyote," another term for an immigrant smuggler.

"I hope that Sen. Clinton is not suggesting that she and her staff are members of an alien smuggling gang, or that she is a coyote posing as a senator," said King.

The bill, he said, "has absolutely nothing to do with churches or social workers or senators assisting illegal immigrants. It is aimed entirely at alien smuggling gangs."

Clinton also spent much of her speech warning of perils she saw ahead for the U.S. economy _ particularly rising government debt and a growing trade deficit.

"We have to worry about the deficit, it's not an irrelevant problem and then when we combine it with the trade deficit we have a real ticking time bomb in our economy," said Clinton. "I hope that we can prevent it going off and that we begin to act responsibly."

Congress last month raised the federal debt ceiling _ the amount the government can borrow _ to nearly $9 trillion.

The U.S. trade deficit soared to a record $724 billion last year, and the imbalance with China alone was $202 billion.

Rising government debt could lead to higher interest rates, which Clinton said could hurt many homeowners if they see their adjustable mortgage interest rates rise.

"When we spend money we do not have ... it begins to ripple through the economy and I think we're beginning to see some of those ripples now," said Clinton.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...,3809319,print.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton charged Wednesday that a House GOP immigration bill would make her and her Senate aides criminals, and warned of a "ticking time bomb" lurking in the U.S. economy.

What's the difference between my parents and illegal immigrants Ms Clinton? Answer, my parents came to this country legally. Illegal immigrants will more than likely vote for you, that's why you're kotowing to them

Clinton's latest comments on the immigration debate in Congress follow earlier remarks in which she said the bill, written by Reps. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., and Peter King, R-N.Y., would probably criminalize "even Jesus himself."
You should know... the Left vis a vis the ACLU has been trying to get Christ and Christianity criminalized for the past two generations

"I realize I would be a criminal, too. My staff would be criminal. We help people with all kinds of problems," said Clinton, D-N.Y., prompting titters in the audience.
Hey Baby... don't flatter yourself, we all know you're as guilty as sin... so what did you do with all those missing FBI files?

"We need to help educate the entire American public. We need to put the face of America and hardworking Americans on this debate," she said.
I assume that when you use the term "educate the American Public" you mean you need to brainwash and lie to them just like you normally do

Rep. Peter King charged Clinton is the one spreading misinformation, saying the only way his bill would make her a criminal is if she was a "coyote," another term for an immigrant smuggler.
Well, she's a bitch, that's close enough

"I hope that Sen. Clinton is not suggesting that she and her staff are members of an alien smuggling gang, or that she is a coyote posing as a senator," said King.
No, she's a carpetbagger posing as a Senator

Clinton also spent much of her speech warning of perils she saw ahead for the U.S. economy _ particularly rising government debt and a growing trade deficit.
Hey baby, don't be so modest. Most of the government's debt is because of you, and your party. In order to stay in power, you buy votes with other people's money.

"We have to worry about the deficit, it's not an irrelevant problem and then when we combine it with the trade deficit we have a real ticking time bomb in our economy," said Clinton. "I hope that we can prevent it going off and that we begin to act responsibly."
You have to worry about the deficit? Gee, why weren't you worried about it when you proposed nationalized health care? Answer? Because you don't care about the deficit, you only care about getting elected.

The U.S. trade deficit soared to a record $724 billion last year, and the imbalance with China alone was $202 billion.
Well, your husband gave the Chinese secrets and allowed missile technology to be sold to the Chinese, I don't see why mortgaging our future should be of any big concern to you.

If she says she is going to break the law, through her in jail.

I am alittle confused why she would think that claiming she would be a criminal if the law is passed would stop Republicans from supporting it:p:

Stephanie said:
:eek2: just that image hurt my brain... :laugh:
my favorite radio station morning show did a bit (a while back) with hillary and bill impersonators, and in one part, 'Bill' mentions something about her possibly being bi or even completely lesbo, and sings (mockingly):

"I am woman hear me roar, caught in bed with Tipper Gore!"

if I could get the bit on here(i have it on CD), I would...it's friggin hilarious because they make bill sound like he's smoking a joint the whole time he's bickering with hillary:
hillary "you said you had your addictions conquered!"
bill (takes a drag) "no baby, i said i had it licked...and i'll have it licked again..."
hillary "you sonofabitch!"
bill "ya see what i go through?"

I see, any American who doesn't see this issue her way is an uneducated moron.

will try as hard as they can but she is still unelectable. I know the Dems are wetting themselves with thoughts of "taking back America" as I heard Dr. Dean say the other day. But the fact they have yet to get through their thick skulls is that the majority doesn't buy their mantras anymore. Pitiful just pitiful. If they weren't such a threat to this country they'd be laughable,

ThomasPaine said:
will try as hard as they can but she is still unelectable. I know the Dems are wetting themselves with thoughts of "taking back America" as I heard Dr. Dean say the other day. But the fact they have yet to get through their thick skulls is that the majority doesn't buy their mantras anymore. Pitiful just pitiful. If they weren't such a threat to this country they'd be laughable,

YEP:thup:

about anything Hillary has to say about anything..she is a Illegal Alien from Mars...she has no influence from the Right or Left..she is a criminal Carpet Bagger...who is self serving to say the least...she flip flops more than Kerry did...she is more of a Dinosaur than anyone else on this planet...IMHO!

Forum List

Back