N.Y. Boy Scout earns all 121 merit badges

Good point. As a former quite under-achieving Boy Scout I can say that this young fellow is brilliant, well done. And while I don't know what an Eagle Scout is I assume it's pretty damn good so well done to anyone who achieves it.

it's roughly equivalent to a Queen Scout, Di. it really is quite an achievement for a young man.

hmmmmmmmm.... my husband might take issue with that one. he was an eagle as were two of our (very hetero) friends and the father of the kid in the story.

:confused:

And I wouldn't let my own son go to scouts because I have issues with excluding gay kids, but the kid in the story happens to be awesome.
i thought the only thing they excluded was gay MEN being scout masters
not that gay kids couldnt join

What a great achievement! I'm sure his parents are thankful he didn't turn out to be a liberal. Otherwise, he'd have gotten only 1 badge: the 'pot-smoking to dull your mind' badge.

i thought the only thing they excluded was gay MEN being scout masters
not that gay kids couldnt join

technically openly gay men and boys are banned from joining boy scouts.
so are atheists. it's never been an issue in all the time i've been involved on a local level. it's always been don't ask, don't tell, pretty much. since sex isn't really part of the program, it's never been a problem.

almost every sex crime involving adults and boy scouts has been perpetrated by "straight" men with wives and families.

What a great achievement! I'm sure his parents are thankful he didn't turn out to be a liberal. Otherwise, he'd have gotten only 1 badge: the 'pot-smoking to dull your mind' badge.

Get off it, asshole. I have worked with the BSA for nearly 30 years, both at the troop level and in adult training. We have people of nearly every political affiliation. And that does not matter at all, the primary goal is to better prepare the young people for life, and to introduce them to as many of lifes oppertunities as possible. In all but the US and Canada, Scouting is for both young men and young women. As soon as we leave the nineteenth century and join the 21st, that will be the case here.

Get off it, asshole. I have worked with the BSA for nearly 30 years, both at the troop level and in adult training. We have people of nearly every political affiliation. And that does not matter at all, the primary goal is to better prepare the young people for life, and to introduce them to as many of lifes oppertunities as possible. In all but the US and Canada, Scouting is for both young men and young women. As soon as we leave the nineteenth century and join the 21st, that will be the case here.

lighten up, frances.

Au contraire, mon frere. Kid's a long island jew who. according to what they said on The Morning Show, just interned with Chuck Schumer's office. :eusa_whistle:

That's an amazing accomplishment! Kudos to the kid! I always wanted to do something like that but I was lazy as a teen.

Au contraire, mon frere. Kid's a long island jew who. according to what they said on The Morning Show, just interned with Chuck Schumer's office. :eusa_whistle:

Old Rocks and Jillian have this huge target painted on their forehead and wonder why people keep hitting them in the head with spitballs.

:lol:

("oppertunities"... :lol:)

Old Rocks and Jillian have this huge target painted on their forehead and wonder why people keep hitting them in the head with spitballs.

:lol:

("oppertunities"... :lol:)

in yur dreams. ;)

but good troll. so enjoy.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dChI_-kBVwI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dChI_-kBVwI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Forum List

Back