N. Korea, 'only country on earth' free of AIDS

-=d=- said:
I'm not Russian, but I know Russian and Ukrainian and Georgian and Armenian people. The things they talk about contradict the information in your link - in a big way.

My link plus direct experience living in the Ukraine and travelling the entirety of the USSR over a year.

Maybe they don't want to diss their own countries role in playing 'the Soviet game' for the past few generations, and speak of what USED to be before communism repressed the church (and its morality), and what IS NOW flourishing again under renewed rights for the church.

Comrade said:
My link plus direct experience living in the Ukraine and travelling the entirety of the USSR over a year.

Maybe they don't want to diss their own countries role in playing 'the Soviet game' for the past few generations, and speak of what USED to be before communism repressed the church (and its morality), and what IS NOW flourishing again under renewed rights for the church.

...and Capitalism. ;)

-=d=- said:
Tell me about the Russian Orthodox Church - and the roots of the nation. Russia - as a people, placed Religion/God in high esteem; dispite what 20th Century Communism tried to do.

Entire generations grew up under State oppression and lost their Orthodox traditions.

Just ask how N.K. got their idea for their own 'church'. That would be the state.

I don't understand, why do I have to point out that repression = reduction? You seem to think the church got stronger over the period of communism.

Comrade said:
Entire generations grew up under State oppression and lost their Orthodox traditions.

Just ask how N.K. got their idea for their own 'church'. That would be the state.

I don't understand, why do I have to point out that repression = reduction? You seem to think the church got stronger over the period of communism.

I believe 'faith' got stronger during communism...I believe people living in a culture which wasn't permeated with sex and sexual imagry and inuendo, maintains higher moral codes.

-=d=- said:
I believe 'faith' got stronger during communism...I believe people living in a culture which wasn't permeated with sex and sexual imagry and inuendo, maintains higher moral codes.

And I believe that communist regimes do not express moral codes that sanctify the sexual act, and that in the absense of such, humans will be humans and have more casual sex. ESPECIALLY when such other outlets for the relief of sexual tension are absent. I know this to be true by dint of direct experience within that society and by addressing you with my research here and in prior days as a Russian studies major.

Are you saying communism creates higher morals than otherwise free and therefore always more religious societies? I think you'll get alot of flak for that on this board.

manu1959 said:
so are you saying god is a capitalist and therfore a republican?

God loves Republicans, because they love him. Democrats generally deny or downplay his existence and importance.

The full quote...

North Korea is "the only country on the earth that has no AIDS-related patients," South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported quoting North Korea's Pyongyang Time, "because anyone who is diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, and everyone from that person's village, is summarily executed."

it is simply impossible .DPRK is not a democratic country.if aids breaks out there.they do their best to not let outside world know it

Forum List

Back