N. Korea does stuff to prove they are relevent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont lose any sleep over their antics

We must look at the reasoning of why they do things. The article I found indicated the land they artilleried was there own, regardless of who occupied it. What would Americas response be if Japan just came in an occupied Hawaii? So I think there is relevance here, and I think S. Korea is playing a dangerous aggressive game that is going to get us into another war.

==============
Earlier this week, North Korea engaged South Korea in a two-minute artillery attack along the Yeonpyeong, a strip of several tiny, sparsely populated islands nestled in the Pacific Ocean roughly seven miles off the coast of North Korea. There, hundreds of fishermen live alongside the roughly 1,000 South Korean sailors who found themselves under attack, according to news reports. Two civilians are said to have died in the barrage.

As the USS George Washington, an American warship, rushes to the seas around Korea in aid of its ally, South Korea, North Korea has ramped up the rhetoric, officials reportedly saying the country is at the verge of a war.

The fear, of course, is that a dispute over land that's seemingly insignificant will grow into a larger conflict that drags in the United States and involves other countries, such as powerhouse China, which is separated from the Korean peninsula by a river in the north.

I didn't get a nights wink.

Haven't been so scared since the Cuban Missle Crises in 1962 when is was 9.

North korea really is a scary mighty nation.

We must look at the reasoning of why they do things. The article I found indicated the land they artilleried was there own, regardless of who occupied it. What would Americas response be if Japan just came in an occupied Hawaii? So I think there is relevance here, and I think S. Korea is playing a dangerous aggressive game that is going to get us into another war.

==============
Earlier this week, North Korea engaged South Korea in a two-minute artillery attack along the Yeonpyeong, a strip of several tiny, sparsely populated islands nestled in the Pacific Ocean roughly seven miles off the coast of North Korea. There, hundreds of fishermen live alongside the roughly 1,000 South Korean sailors who found themselves under attack, according to news reports. Two civilians are said to have died in the barrage.

As the USS George Washington, an American warship, rushes to the seas around Korea in aid of its ally, South Korea, North Korea has ramped up the rhetoric, officials reportedly saying the country is at the verge of a war.

The fear, of course, is that a dispute over land that's seemingly insignificant will grow into a larger conflict that drags in the United States and involves other countries, such as powerhouse China, which is separated from the Korean peninsula by a river in the north.
Apparently both Koreas claim the island that was attacked last Tuesday.

"Initial reports were unequivocal: those crazy North Koreans had once again broken the longstanding ceasefire and attacked the South, this time at Yeonpyeong Island, shelling civilian quarters, and killing two South Korean marines.

"A few hours later, however, a more nuanced story came out: it seems the South Koreans were conducting military 'exercises' near the disputed island, which North Korea claims as its territory, and South Korean ships had opened fire, albeit – they claim – not in the direction of the North Korean mainland.

"The North Koreans responded by taking it up a few notches, as is their wont, and opening fire on Yeonpyeong."

We might also look at what these South Korean "exercises" are attempting to simulate:

"...the military exercises, code-named 'Hoguk,' involving all four branches of the South Korean armed forces and some 70,000 troops, simulated an attack on North Korea, and were meant to provoke the North Koreans, who responded as might be expected.

"US troops were supposed to have participated in the exercises, but apparently the Americans thought better of it and pulled back at the last moment – perhaps because they knew a provocation was in the making.

"(These exercises, by the way, have been bad news for the South Koreans from the beginning, causing a series of accidents and killing six so far, not including the two marines killed on Yeonpyeong.)

Korean Conundrum

I think it is rather more than being relevant. The implications of an all out war are far reaching and not good for the U.S. short term.

If this is the latest skirmish in a war over reunification of the Korean peninsula and how to divvy up North Korea's $2 -$6 trillion worth of minerals, it's likely to become more and more relevant as the US and the global economy plunges deeper and deeper into debt and stagnation.

==============

Apparently both Koreas claim the island that was attacked last Tuesday.

"Initial reports were unequivocal: those crazy North Koreans had once again broken the longstanding ceasefire and attacked the South, this time at Yeonpyeong Island, shelling civilian quarters, and killing two South Korean marines.

"A few hours later, however, a more nuanced story came out: it seems the South Koreans were conducting military 'exercises' near the disputed island, which North Korea claims as its territory, and South Korean ships had opened fire, albeit – they claim – not in the direction of the North Korean mainland.

"The North Koreans responded by taking it up a few notches, as is their wont, and opening fire on Yeonpyeong."

We might also look at what these South Korean "exercises" are attempting to simulate:

"...the military exercises, code-named 'Hoguk,' involving all four branches of the South Korean armed forces and some 70,000 troops, simulated an attack on North Korea, and were meant to provoke the North Koreans, who responded as might be expected.

"US troops were supposed to have participated in the exercises, but apparently the Americans thought better of it and pulled back at the last moment – perhaps because they knew a provocation was in the making.

"(These exercises, by the way, have been bad news for the South Koreans from the beginning, causing a series of accidents and killing six so far, not including the two marines killed on Yeonpyeong.)

Korean Conundrum

The article I posted says the island is 7 miles off the N. Korean coast, which makes it their island, out to the ten mile International line of countries mainlands. I would just as soon nuke N. Korea and leave no doubt the whole country belongs to S. Korea. The mindless N. Koreans will have to be slaughtered, all of them. The propaganda beliefs are entrenched.

Except that both "nations" claim sovereignty over the Korean peninsula and territorial waters, and the ceasefire line was drawn up as a concession. The ceasefire line puts those islands under South Korean jurisdiction. Normal rules about territorial waters do not apply here.

If this is the latest skirmish in a war over reunification of the Korean peninsula and how to divvy up North Korea's $2 -$6 trillion worth of minerals, it's likely to become more and more relevant as the US and the global economy plunges deeper and deeper into debt and stagnation.
Show where you got that dollar figure on minerals.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

He got it from his

donkey.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back