N. Korea Conducts Nuclear Test

Frankly , I sick of N.K and its shitty leader Kim. I am sick of China mollycoddling that pathetic piece of land which is supposed to be a country.

I am sick of Kim JongIl who is an :asshole: playing with nukes and threatening to blow himslef up as well the rest of us.
I am also sick and tired of Iran and its President and its nuclear program .
Yes, I am also sick of the U.N. Its should change its name in the future. No longer the United Nations its should be called "united nukes" or something as most rogue states by 2010 would have produced wmd's

WHY NOT ATTACK N.K AND GET IT OVER WITH???? IF CHINA INTERFERES WE ATTACK CHINA ALSO!!! INDIA AND JAPAN WILL HELP THE U.S OUT WITH CHINA. JAPAN AND INDIA ARE SICK OF THE COMMUNIST BUGGERS GETTING ALL THE ATTAENTION AND ARE ALSO SICK OF BEIJING'S ATTITUDE!!!:blowup:

Akshay

Frankly , I sick of N.K and its shitty leader Kim. I am sick of China mollycoddling that pathetic piece of land which is supposed to be a country.

I am sick of Kim JongIl who is an :asshole: playing with nukes and threatening to blow himslef up as well the rest of us.
I am also sick and tired of Iran and its President and its nuclear program .
Yes, I am also sick of the U.N. Its should change its name in the future. No longer the United Nations its should be called "united nukes" or something as most rogue states by 2010 would have produced wmd's

WHY NOT ATTACK N.K AND GET IT OVER WITH???? IF CHINA INTERFERES WE ATTACK CHINA ALSO!!! INDIA AND JAPAN WILL HELP THE U.S OUT WITH CHINA. JAPAN AND INDIA ARE SICK OF THE COMMUNIST BUGGERS GETTING ALL THE ATTAENTION AND ARE ALSO SICK OF BEIJING'S ATTITUDE!!!

Well , if this post makes me sound like a guy who wants ARMAGEDDON to happen as soon as possible , so be it.

Akshay

It's just the payoff of Chimpy and Co's "Paris Hilton School of Diplomacy" tactics. "I don't like them, so I'm not going to talk to them. I'll talk with my friends and ignore them."

It's just another foreign policy failure brought to us by the geniuses at Chimpy and Co. Of course, if they're setting up threats to frighten the electorate with....Nah...They can barely manage not to screw up a one car funeral, let alone something that twisted and convoluted.

Peace at Last! *clink*

Pop open a bottle of bubbly and drink a toast to Bill Clinton, because the seeds of peace he planted in North Korea have finally come to fruition. Now that the tiny island nation has joined the small but growing club of nuclear-armed states, the chances that the imperialist aggressor Bush will invade North Korea are now slim to none. Thus, six years after leaving office, Bill Clinton has assured a brand of peace with North Korea that the Shrub couldn't achieve during his entire stolen peeResidency.

Granted, this peace didn’t come about exactly as we had planned. When our last elected President sent his only begotten Secretary of State riding into Pyongyang on the back of a donkey with a radioactive hunk of cheese wedged between her butt cheeks, it was hoped that Kim Jong Il would be so moved by our gesture of trust that he would forever refrain from developing nuclear weapons - or at least keep it on the low-low so we wouldn’t look like complete jackasses. But no matter how Bill Clinton achieved the peace, it's the outcome that is important.

That's not to say that a nuclear-armed PDRK is without any drawbacks. Make no mistake, Kim Jong Il is a dangerous lunatic. Sure, the Supreme Leader was a sweet little man who could be trusted to abide by a non-proliferation pact when Bill Clinton was president, but it only took six years for Bush to drive him completely nuts. It wasn't just the "Axis of Evil" remark, either. When the Shrub blew the lid off North Korea's secret nuclear weapons program, he forced the proud nation to brazenly continue what it had been doing discreetly under Bill Clinton for years. Our only hope is that a Democrat will be in the White House in two years, so that Kim Jong-Il will once again be a misunderstood yet reasonable man ready to sit down at the bargaining table with his American friends.

I don't expect Bush to thank Bill Clinton for Winning the Peace in North Korea. But Clinton should at least get the credit he deserves for insuring that no Americans will ever have to die on North Korean soil, but rather in the comfort of their own homes as long as they live within the blast radius.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/10/success.html

Peace at Last! *clink*

Pop open a bottle of bubbly and drink a toast to Bill Clinton, because the seeds of peace he planted in North Korea have finally come to fruition. Now that the tiny island nation has joined the small but growing club of nuclear-armed states, the chances that the imperialist aggressor Bush will invade North Korea are now slim to none. Thus, six years after leaving office, Bill Clinton has assured a brand of peace with North Korea that the Shrub couldn't achieve during his entire stolen peeResidency.

Granted, this peace didn’t come about exactly as we had planned. When our last elected President sent his only begotten Secretary of State riding into Pyongyang on the back of a donkey with a radioactive hunk of cheese wedged between her butt cheeks, it was hoped that Kim Jong Il would be so moved by our gesture of trust that he would forever refrain from developing nuclear weapons - or at least keep it on the low-low so we wouldn’t look like complete jackasses. But no matter how Bill Clinton achieved the peace, it's the outcome that is important.

That's not to say that a nuclear-armed PDRK is without any drawbacks. Make no mistake, Kim Jong Il is a dangerous lunatic. Sure, the Supreme Leader was a sweet little man who could be trusted to abide by a non-proliferation pact when Bill Clinton was president, but it only took six years for Bush to drive him completely nuts. It wasn't just the "Axis of Evil" remark, either. When the Shrub blew the lid off North Korea's secret nuclear weapons program, he forced the proud nation to brazenly continue what it had been doing discreetly under Bill Clinton for years. Our only hope is that a Democrat will be in the White House in two years, so that Kim Jong-Il will once again be a misunderstood yet reasonable man ready to sit down at the bargaining table with his American friends.

I don't expect Bush to thank Bill Clinton for Winning the Peace in North Korea. But Clinton should at least get the credit he deserves for insuring that no Americans will ever have to die on North Korean soil, but rather in the comfort of their own homes as long as they live within the blast radius.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/10/success.html

:alco: :food1:

Reading this board is pretty America-centric.. or western-centric. Thats the norm.. but I'm American and lived abroad for years, in Asia. My girlfriend & fiancee is from an ex-soviet country. She always recounts of the days under the soviet system. she misses the old days. Some ofthe photos I've seen of NK from the web, look so much like her homeland... soviet style. course she loves the new system and capitalism much better, and her homeland is way more prosperous today. Anyhow, its a clash of the soviet system against the dominant capitalist system. The North Koreans want to keep the status kuo, the system they are used to (and some, believe it or not at the top, love). They're not going to attack anyone, but they need the threat, to stay off possible invasion or foreign pressure etc.. There *are* still countries in this world untouched by 'westernization'... And I've been to some, and they have their qualities. NK is not probably collapsing any time soon, unless China speedens the process by cutting aid (millions would die of starvation). I think the Chinese understand NK and its nature. They also understand their economy is ultra dependent on its two biggest trading partners: U.S. and Japan (and South Korea is up there I think too). These countries' economies are very interconnected and becoming more and more.

Japan takes lead in sanctioning N. Korea
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012...M3UcwH9xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b3JuZGZhBHNlYwM3MjE-
Tokyo's sanctions include the closure of all Japanese ports to North Korean vessels, a ban on imports and exports, and a six-month ban on travel to Japan by all North Korean government officials.

Would this be a rational enough reason for North Korea to attempt an attack on Japan?
Japan would, with US help, obliterate NK if it attacked, and Pyongyang knows it. No, they will not attack Japan. I think that the Japanese went ahead with their sanctions independently because they realize the sheer impossibility of getting anything done in the UNSC with China ready to block any meaningful punishment of NK. China has even blocked the US-Japanese co-sponsored resolution to inspect (forcibly if necessary) NK shipping for materials that could be used to build additional nukes and missiles. The NK situation will remain out of control until China decides to reign in Pyongyang. And that will not happen until pressure is applied directly against Chinese trade interests with the US, Japan, and South Korea. Until that happens (and do not look for it anytime soon), NK will remain an unpredictable wild card in the US-China struggle for political and military supremacy in NE Asia.

Forum List

Back