N. Korea Aims for Hawaii?

It doesn't matter if it can reach Hawaii or not. Think of the Jet Stream..wind, water...depending on the size the fallout alone could be bad.

I don't think it will have a warhead on it.
I think it's a missile test.
so no worries on the fallout.

I don't think it will have a warhead on it.
I think it's a missile test.
so no worries on the fallout.
You think? Well shit that says everything....I'll ease my mind now because you THINK

This is the fallout if Korea launced a nuke towards the US and it didn't land on any US soil either!

image004.jpg

So where is your source saying there will be nuclear/chemical/biological warheads on the missile

There is no mention of any specific warhead being used or if any were going to be used. There is also no mention of their intentions.

There is no way to confirm, so I think.

They've tested missiles before. They haven't launched any missiles with a nuclear payload at the US. Why would they announce their first attack so that the US would have almost a month to prepare.

:eek:

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes

A ship named Kang Nam left a port in North Korea Wednesday and could be carrying missile parts or nuclear materials in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution.

The U.S. military is tracking a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The ship, Kang Nam, left a port in North Korea Wednesday and appears to be heading toward Singapore, according to a senior U.S. military source. The vessel, which the military has been tracking since its departure, could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials.

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes - Political News - FOXNews.com

Last edited:
So where is your source saying there will be nuclear/chemical/biological warheads on the missile

There is no mention of any specific warhead being used or if any were going to be used. There is also no mention of their intentions.

They've tested missiles before. They haven't launched any missiles with a nuclear payload at the US. Why would they announce their first attack so that the US would have almost a month to prepare.
Exactly my point you don't know and I don't know but I was answering someone else when they mentioned that it couldn't reach hawaii. I wanted to point out that if there was a nuke warhead then it didn't have to touch land on any US soil to have harmed us. You need to read better.

One more thing...people like you don't think there could be or will be therefore you are the one left unprepared.

Why do you think we have planes flying over after the NK test? We measure for rads...but do not think that our own gov. will warn us...for they will only secure military and washington crew....We the people will come last.

No one is arguing the fact that fallout kills. I'm arguing that exploding a nuclear warhead in international or US waters is an act of war, and the only advantage in doing this, and not firing on US soil, would be to avoid war.

This is the fallout if Korea launced a nuke towards the US and it didn't land on any US soil either!

That map is not the fallout if a nuke landed 500 miles from shore

:eek:

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes

A ship named Kang Nam left a port in North Korea Wednesday and could be carrying missile parts or nuclear materials in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution.

The U.S. military is tracking a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The ship, Kang Nam, left a port in North Korea Wednesday and appears to be heading toward Singapore, according to a senior U.S. military source. The vessel, which the military has been tracking since its departure, could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials.

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes - Political News - FOXNews.com

>

The resolution would not allow the United States to board the ship forcibly. Rather, U.S. military would have to request permission to board -- a request North Korea is unlikely to grant.

North Korea has said that any attempt to board its ships would be viewed as an act of war and promised "100- or 1,000-fold" retaliation if provoked.

If there is cause to pursue the ship, sources told FOX News the U.S. military would instead likely follow the slow-moving vessel until it goes into port to refuel.

At that point, sources said, the U.S. military could request that the host country not provide fuel to the ship.

One U.S. official said that the U.S. military could be waiting for the ship to distance itself from China before confronting it, to avoid agitating the Chinese.

The Kang Nam is known to be a ship that has been involved in proliferation activities in the past -- it is "a repeat offender," according to one military source.

The tension follows a Japanese news report that North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday the military is "watching" that situation "very closely," and would have "some concerns" if North Korea launched a missile in the direction of Hawaii. But he expressed confidence in U.S. ability to handle such a launch.

Gates said he's directed the deployment of the Theater High Altitude Area Defense, a mobile missile defense system used for knocking down long- and medium-range missiles.

"The ground-based interceptors are clearly in a position to take action. So, without telegraphing what we will do, I would just say ... I think we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect the American territory
."

No one is arguing the fact that fallout kills. I'm arguing that exploding a nuclear warhead in international or US waters is an act of war, and the only advantage in doing this, and not firing on US soil, would be to avoid war.

That map is not the fallout if a nuke landed 500 miles from shore
But when it comes to treating the more than 100,000 people who could be at risk of acute radiation syndrome in the event of a nuclear attack, Vanderwagen said, "We don't have much in the toolbox at this point."
This from Fema...the jet stream and winds go westward...if a nuke exploded in midair and there is a strong jetstream it would enter the US air. To not be aware of all possible scenerios is not a smart thing to do because beat your bottom dollar the Gov. will not be there. Even Fema stated so! I'm not saying Korea will or not launch a NUKE but they are fucking crazy enough to do it and they are not scared of us because they know it will become a CHESS GAME!

We tell Russia and China that we are going to strike NK with a nuke...they both tell us don't do it or they will launch at the USA.

North Korea MAY [BIG may] fire a missile AT the general direction of Hawaii, but it won't hit Hawaii, and furthermore it never will do a first-strike missile attack on US soil, for the simple reason that anything remotely of the sort would mean the obliteration of the entire country, leadership included. Everybody knows that, even batshit Kim Jong.

What would it take to get the Obama Administration and the Dems in Congress to allow some credibility to the Missile Defense system?

I'm afraid they can't, primarily because they have so disdained it and who authored and prometed it: Reagan and Bush

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said he has ordered additional protections for Hawaii just in case North Korea launches a long-range missile over the Pacific Ocean.
"Gates, speaking at the same news conference, said the Pentagon is concerned about the possibility of a North Korean missile launch "in the direction of Hawaii."

Gates told reporters at the Pentagon he has sent the military's ground-based mobile missile system to Hawaii, and positioned a radar system nearby. The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system is designed to shoot down ballistic missiles in their last stage of flight.

"We are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect Americans and American territory," Gates said.

A Japanese newspaper reported Thursday that North Korea might fire its most advanced ballistic missile toward Hawaii around the Fourth of July holiday."

Read more here>>Officials: US tracking suspicious ship from NKorea - Yahoo! News

False incoming ICBM alarm alarms Hawaiians...
shocked.gif

US Homeland Security Chief Vows to Correct Hawaii's Missile Alert System
January 14, 2018 - U.S. Homeland Security Chief Kirstjen Nielsen said Sunday it was "unfortunate" there was a false emergency alarm about an incoming missile in Hawaii, but said authorities are "all working to make sure it doesn’t happen again."
Officials continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding the Saturday incident in which residents of the western-most U.S. state, in the Central Pacific, were erroneously sent emergency alerts on television, radio, email and mobile devices that warned: "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL." Just a few weeks ago, Hawaii reinstated its Cold War-era alarm sirens amid growing fears of nuclear aggression by North Korea. Authorities blamed Saturday's incident on human error.

4A7B2C15-F133-4884-AFE8-9F7FB20F7FB8_w650_r0_s.jpg

A screen capture from a Twitter account shows a missile warning for Hawaii, Jan. 13, 2018, in this picture obtained from social media.​

Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard told CNN, "The fact that these processes failed so epically that caused this trauma, caused this terror all across the state of Hawaii, must be fixed immediately, and those responsible for this happening need to be held accountable." Gabbard said it "was unacceptable that this happened, but it really highlights the stark reality the people of Hawaii are facing" in being the U.S. state closest to North Korea at a time when North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump have traded months of insults over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons development program and its frequent test missile launches.

BF5CD5D8-0D7F-484F-9D15-D6EA4162A949_w650_r0_s.jpg

Diamond Head, an extinct volcanic crater, and high-rises are seen in Honolulu​

Hawaii Gov. David Ige said the false missile alert that panicked islanders Saturday morning was "totally unacceptable" and told reporters he is "angry and disappointed" by the situation. "Today is a day that most of us will never forget — a day when many in our community thought that our worst nightmares might actually be happening," he said. Questioned repeatedly by reporters about how such a mistake could happen, the governor said his administration is doing everything possible to make sure it does not happen again. Vern Miyagi, administrator of Hawaii's Emergency Management Administration, told reporters that the person responsible for the erroneous message "feels terrible" about it. Told by reporters that emergency sirens had actually gone off in some communities, Miyagi said he would have to look into the matter.

Panic

New Topics

Forum List

Back