N.J. "lets" wealthy executives live in PA

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Can you believe that headline? NJ "lets" people live wherever they want. How big of them.

Moran: N.J. lets wealthy executives live in Pennsylvania, at a big cost | NJ.com

The article goes on to say how many higher paid people are choosing to live in PA rather than NJ because PA has a 3% income tax vs. NJ's 9%. NJ also has the highest property taxes in the country (avg. - $7,576 in taxes in 2010)

Yet this paper has argued that the "millionaires" have not left the state. Can't have it both ways, guys.

Instead of discussing how we can attract more wealthy taxpayers to live in our great state, the author seems to think we need a way to soak those who work here. (Hey Mr. Moran - see CA) :evil:

Class warfare is getting really tiresome.

Can you believe that headline? NJ "lets" people live wherever they want. How big of them.

Moran: N.J. lets wealthy executives live in Pennsylvania, at a big cost | NJ.com

The article goes on to say how many higher paid people are choosing to live in PA rather than NJ because PA has a 3% income tax vs. NJ's 9%. NJ also has the highest property taxes in the country (avg. - $7,576 in taxes in 2010)

Yet this paper has argued that the "millionaires" have not left the state. Can't have it both ways, guys.

Instead of discussing how we can attract more wealthy taxpayers to live in our great state, the author seems to think we need a way to soak those who work here. (Hey Mr. Moran - see CA) :evil:

Class warfare is getting really tiresome.

I have a quibble with the point in the article that this is an exception, rather than the rule. In NYC if you live outside the city but work in the city, you do not pay an NYC income tax. The reason being is that your own county usually does not have one, and relies on property taxes. If you had to pay an NYC income tax as well you would be shafted.

I assume the same rule works for people who live in NJ and work in NY.

This is just the nature of having a large city surrounded by other states.

I also notice the writer doesnt even consider thay maybe NJ's income tax is too freaking high, combined with its rediculous property taxes.

This is why progressive statist need to work at the federal level, because it is far harder to leave ones country than to leave ones state, and they know if they implement all the polices they really really want to, the productive people will flee in a heartbeat.

Class warfare is crass warfare.

Yes, Eastern PA has become a tax haven for NY and NJ residents without doubt.

Sadly it has also become a place where NYC's poor are moving to get their kids into someplace safer.

Which means that the towns that were perfectly safe when I was a kid are becoming gang ridden shitholes.

I visit my old stomping grounds and bearly recongize it anymore.

Class warfare is crass warfare.

Yes, Eastern PA has become a tax haven for NY and NJ residents without doubt.

Sadly it has also become a place where NYC's poor are moving to get their kids into someplace safer.

Which means that the towns that were perfectly safe when I was a kid are becoming gang ridden shitholes.

I visit my old stomping grounds and bearly recongize it anymore.

Poverty spreads like a cancer, unfortunately I don't see it getting better on our current trajectory. It seems like too much effort is spent blaming and trying to control the impoverished rather than addressing the causes of perpetual poverty.

Forum List

Back