N.j. Gov. Christie eating humble pie.

So those on the left just want the people of New Jersey to die?? They care more about partisan politics than people's lives?? Alrighty then.

Wake up people, it's not all about Dem or Rep!!

Either you're fucking stupid or you are stupid. It's the Republicans who want disaster victims to suffer. Keep up.

Yes, the Republican governor of NJ wants his constituents to suffer, so he is requesting disaster relief funds from the federal government.

You're so stupid, they have to invent a new word to describe the level of your stupidity.

neadr: 1. Intellectual black hole.
2. A Negative I.Q. (Points deducted even for showing up).
3. A boat that will not float.
4. The wrong fix in the wrong place at the wrong time.
5. A day late and a dollar short.
6. One who repeatedly shows up at the wrong Airport.
7. A noisy parrot.

Christie did a great job during the hurricane. He showed he was in charge, he made very tough decisions, he admitted when he made mistakes and he provided vital information when the storm was approaching.

He also showed an admirable ability to work with Democrats, the Federal Government and tother states to get things done. He also was willing to share the spotlight with others

Christie humble?? I Rather doubt it.

He's an in your face kinda guy and I like him. NJ is lucky to have him as their Gov.

To bad he's not running for POTUS.

Some think he is waiting for the next round if Obama wins. That would be an easier race. I would like to see him run as well. I could vote for him. Frank, to the point and does not fuck around when something needs to get done.

So those on the left just want the people of New Jersey to die?? They care more about partisan politics than people's lives?? Alrighty then.

Either you're fucking stupid or you are stupid. It's the Republicans who want disaster victims to suffer. Keep up.

Yes, the Republican governor of NJ wants his constituents to suffer, so he is requesting disaster relief funds from the federal government.

You're so stupid, they have to invent a new word to describe the level of your stupidity.

How about rdumb or 'your rdeanic'

We should have a contest :)

Here's the trick. Conservatives want to shrink the size of government by defunding needful agencies then expect them to be able to help out when a disaster or other event arises.

You can't have it both ways.

If there was no FEMA there would be no help.

You fail to understand that small government does not mean no government. Conservatives don't want to see government disappear. They want it to take care of the things that government should take care of. Disaster relief is one of those things like nation defense. As a matter of fact, the two are closely related. They involve protecting the citizenry from things that they are unable to combat themselves.

I know all you libs HATE Gov. Christie. I mean how could you NOT? He's gone into the fiscal cesspool that was New Jersey and actually started to fix things. THE HORROR!!!

Now people in other States are asking themselves why THEY don't have a governor who fixes things instead of one's that simply kick the can down the road.

Chris Christie is probably the most dangerous man in America for progressives. He's a conservative and he's competent. When you hold up Christie to Obama the comparison is striking. One man "talks" about getting things done...the other actually "does" things.

Is it any wonder why you start strings like this?

I know all you libs HATE Gov. Christie. I mean how could you NOT? He's gone into the fiscal cesspool that was New Jersey and actually started to fix things. THE HORROR!!!

Now people in other States are asking themselves why THEY don't have a governor who fixes things instead of one's that simply kick the can down the road.

Chris Christie is probably the most dangerous man in America for progressives. He's a conservative and he's competent. When you hold up Christie to Obama the comparison is striking. One man "talks" about getting things done...the other actually "does" things.

Is it any wonder why you start strings like this?

rep....major rep.

Wait! Are the people of NJ dying now?

Yes. They are. Empathy much?

LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — At least seven deaths in New Jersey are blamed on Hurricane Irene.

The latest happened Tuesday when a man clearing debris from a drainage basin at the Shemin Nurseries in Lawrence Township was sucked into a drain pipe.

At least 7 deaths in NJ blamed on Irene - Houston Chronicle

New Jersey’s northern suburbs remained in Hurricane Irene’s grip, with swollen rivers keeping more than 10,000 people from their homes and utility crews working to restore power to 190,000 customers.

NJ Floods Keeps 10,000 Residents From Homes - Bloomberg

Authorities plucked 50 people to safety on West Grand Avenue in Rahway. In Parsippany, two New Jersey National Guard trucks were called in to rescue people trapped in a pair of hotels surrounded by water.

After touring flooded-out sites in Pompton Plains, Wayne and Little Falls Monday, U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg called the damage historic.

"It’s more widespread," he said. "Its a terrible situation."

Hurricane Irene N.J. death toll climbs as floodwaters frustrate state | NJ.com

You're shitting me, right?

Your bitching that the big bad evil Republican governor of NJ wanted smaller government and less spending in 2010... and now he has the audacity to ask for federal aid AFTER A FREAKING HURRICANE?

You can't possibly be so fucking stupid and clueless as to think he was including disaster relief in his 'smaller government. less spending' comments... can you?

The depths of your partisan hackery and stupidity appear to know no bounds.

Oh shut up.

Our goal is to shrink government to the size where we can drown it in a bathtub.
Grover Norquist

Then you have Eric Cantor who doesn't want to pay for those in the Midwest devastated by tornadoes. Now he wants to fight disaster relief from Irene.

And they want to put grandma back on a diet of cat food.

And all this from the party that gave us trillions in tax cuts, two wars and an astronomical drugs for votes bill. These guys are awful.

suck it, asswipe.

Smaller government has to do with the day to day stuff, NOT disaster relief. Even a pea-brained anal wart like you should have the common sense to see that.

The fact you don't understand this simple concept proves even more what a complete butt-munch and partisan hack you are.

Day to day stuff? Like what?

Correct me if I am wrong, but when did Christie join the Libtarian or Anarchy Party? There is a difference from wanting a SMALLER government and NO government. I never heard any Republican other than Ron Paul say we need to get rid of the government.

You do know that our federal deficit is higher than all the other countries in the world COMBINED! Is it wrong to think that IS a huge problem requiring immediate correcting? Why do you make it seem so bad to want the Federal government to do what the states and INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES must do, LIVE WITHIN IT'S MEANS!!!

N.J. GOV. CHRISTIE EATING HUMBLE PIE

And asking for federal assistance from the big bad government. Isn’t he one of those mouthing off for “less government spending” “personal responsibility?”
I do not want my tax dollars going to states and people who have prepared for their future and disasters. Isn’t that Gov. Christies problem to have disaster funds for his state? He is eating a lot of humble pie this morning asking Obama for help?
I don’t have a problem paying my taxes and have them going to people who are in need, but a big problem with hypocrisy of the GOP who is complaining about paying taxes.
Any question as to where you taxes are going now?
N.Y. Mayor had to give evacuation warnings in several languages to get through to those who come here because they love America so much but not enough to learn the language. Instances like theses are why people should learn to speak, read and comprehend English.

Just when is less and big government acceptable?

Gov. Chris Christie asks federal government for aid after heavy rainfallAugust 22, 2011
“Based on the information and data available, it is evident the disaster is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and the affected local governments and that federal assistance is necessary,” Christie said in a statement.
Gov. Chris Christie asks federal government for aid after heavy rainfall | NJ.com

Governor Chris Christie - “What they [Republicans] have to do is what they say they want, and we're doing it in New Jersey: smaller government, less spending, lessregulation, lower taxes.
November 08, 2010
Office of the Governor | Newsroom

Last edited:
Here's the trick. Conservatives want to shrink the size of government by defunding needful agencies then expect them to be able to help out when a disaster or other event arises.

You can't have it both ways.

If there was no FEMA there would be no help.

OK. Follow this logic.

If we didn't have to keep throwing money into the pit that is the US Government, the states would have more to provide for their own citizens... and the citizens would have more of their own money to provide for themselves. However, since the Federal Government cannot keep its tar baby paws out of the taxpayers pocket, it is perfectly legitimate to take money back from that government.

It.

Is.

Not.

Their.

Money.

It.

Is.

Ours.

How come you're too dumb to work that out?

FEMA exists exactly for the kind of situation that no State or individual can handle on their own. I'm sorry, you can work as hard as you want and keep as much of your money as you want, but for the average person one good Tornado or Hurricane or Earthquake and that's it. Game over.

And that's true for the States too. It's why Perry was right to go, hat in hand, to the Feds when record setting wildfires were burning in Texas. Texas is a pretty well off state, and even they can find themselves in a mess they can't fix.

Christie was right to go ask for help here. And no amount of shrinking the Fed would have allowed New Jersey to just take this hit in stride.

Of course the upside of this is that when something like this happens, it forces even the most ardent anti-government folks to admit that just maybe there's a point to having something like FEMA around.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when did Christie join the Libtarian or Anarchy Party? There is a difference from want a SMALLER government and NO government. I never heard any Republican other than Ron Paul say we need to get rid of the government.

You do know that our federal deficit is higher than all the other countries in the world COMBINED! Is it wrong to think that isn't a huge issue? Why do you make it seem so bad to want the Federal government to do what the states and INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES must do, LEAVE WITHIN IT'S MEANS!!!

N.J. GOV. CHRISTIE EATING HUMBLE PIE

And asking for federal assistance from the big bad government. Isn’t he one of those mouthing off for “less government spending” “personal responsibility?”
I do not want my tax dollars going to states and people who have prepared for their future and disasters. Isn’t that Gov. Christies problem to have disaster funds for his state? He is eating a lot of humble pie this morning asking Obama for help?
I don’t have a problem paying my taxes and have them going to people who are in need, but a big problem with hypocrisy of the GOP who is complaining about paying taxes.
Any question as to where you taxes are going now?
N.Y. Mayor had to give evacuation warnings in several languages to get through to those who come here because they love America so much but not enough to learn the language. Instances like theses are why people should learn to speak, read and comprehend English.

Just when is less and big government acceptable?

Gov. Chris Christie asks federal government for aid after heavy rainfallAugust 22, 2011
“Based on the information and data available, it is evident the disaster is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and the affected local governments and that federal assistance is necessary,” Christie said in a statement.
Gov. Chris Christie asks federal government for aid after heavy rainfall | NJ.com

Governor Chris Christie - “What they [Republicans] have to do is what they say they want, and we're doing it in New Jersey: smaller government, less spending, lessregulation, lower taxes.
November 08, 2010
Office of the Governor | Newsroom

Exactly ghook. There seems to be some confusion here about that, or else they've been spending too much time studying the Communist Playbook.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
Leninn - Russian Communist politician & revolutionary (1870 - 1924)

Forum List

Back