Myths and falsehoods about Elena Kagan's Supreme Court nomination

The only myth I want an answer to is: Is Elena Kagan a direct descendant of the Oompa Loompas?

In her only reviewable decision involving the Constitution she allowed personal opinion to sway her and she decided AGAINST enforcing the Constitution.

Myth: Thurgood Marshall was qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice.

"..quoting Thurgood Marshall and saying that if he had had his way, the court would only have existed to help the "despised and disadvantaged," and then she goes on to quote him as saying, "'The court should have no jurisdiction when one fat cat sues another fat cat.' "

What a dick! How does someone so fucking stupid get on SCOTUS? What a rube!

"..quoting Thurgood Marshall and saying that if he had had his way, the court would only have existed to help the "despised and disadvantaged," and then she goes on to quote him as saying, "'The court should have no jurisdiction when one fat cat sues another fat cat.' "

Next to Learned Hand, Thurgood Marshall is the greatest Supreme Court Justice we have ever had. WTF is your issue with Greatness, CrusaderFrank?

As for this chick Obama nominated...zero judicial experience (not even small claims court) and virtually zero face time in a court as a lawyer. Have I got that right?

By that standard, even CrusadedFrank is more qualified.

I think Obama nominated her because she has published zippity do dah that can be used to disqualify her. But I fail to see where having zero opinions at age 60 is an achievement that warrants elevation to the Supremes.

Next to Learned Hand, Thurgood Marshall is the greatest Supreme Court Justice we have ever had. WTF is your issue with Greatness, CrusaderFrank?

As for this chick Obama nominated...zero judicial experience (not even small claims court) and virtually zero face time in a court as a lawyer. Have I got that right?

By that standard, even CrusadedFrank is more qualified.

I think Obama nominated her because she has published zippity do dah that can be used to disqualify her. But I fail to see where having zero opinions at age 60 is an achievement that warrants elevation to the Supremes.

He nominated her because while someone was doing all of Barry homework and thesis, Barry and Kagan would read to each other from Mao's Little Red Book

Forum List

Back