Mythbusters to take on the moon landing conspiracies

Tapped out at the moment. That looks like a nice set up.

I've got a nice clearing in a national forests near me that I use for astronomy.

Have you ever used a CCD telescope?

Tapped out at the moment. That looks like a nice set up.

I've got a nice clearing in a national forests near me that I use for astronomy.

Have you ever used a CCD telescope?
no
unfortunately

no
unfortunately

Me neither. I would really like to see what I could do with Jupiter if I ever got ahold of one.

Last month I had Jupiter focused in Sagittarius with all four Galilean Moons lined up to one side as pin pricks of light. The Red Spot never transited while I was observing but it was awesome.

I don't belive that. Hi Dive. Of course I don't buy it that we did that in the 60's. No freakin way. I must see this myth busters.

Not enough trial and error. It's too far. Technology is way more advanced now. Do it again. We have no idea what else we could find. I'm sure science has a milloin more questions about the moon.

Yes they have ok arguments and defences to our questions, I just haven't bought in yet. Right now I'm 51 49 in favor of we did not land on the moon. I'll watch the myth buster when the rerun it. or my friend might have tevoed it.

I'd be nervous for the astronats if they tried it today.

You kids don't realize just how little technologically we had in the 60's.

Just watch an old 60's movie that uses a computer. It'll have nobs and dials. Remember Lost in space? The robot?

If we did go to the moon, it was an amazing feat.

You are fuckin' kidding me, right?

You are fuckin' kidding me, right?
well, they are right in that last line
it was an amazing feat
when you consider most of us have way more computing power on our desks(and laptops too) than they had for the entire apollo space craft

Me neither. I would really like to see what I could do with Jupiter if I ever got ahold of one.

Last month I had Jupiter focused in Sagittarius with all four Galilean Moons lined up to one side as pin pricks of light. The Red Spot never transited while I was observing but it was awesome.

Sept 7th from 8:12 to 8:28 EDT Io and Ganymede will simultaneously cast shadows on Jupiter. Lucky east-coasters.

And while it is possible to see where the moon landing took place, unfortunately no telescope on Earth can see the lunar lander or any man made object on the moon.

Source NightWatch by Terry Dickinson, pg 66

Last edited:
I don't belive that. Hi Dive. Of course I don't buy it that we did that in the 60's. No freakin way. I must see this myth busters.

Not enough trial and error. It's too far. Technology is way more advanced now. Do it again. We have no idea what else we could find. I'm sure science has a milloin more questions about the moon.

Yes they have ok arguments and defences to our questions, I just haven't bought in yet. Right now I'm 51 49 in favor of we did not land on the moon. I'll watch the myth buster when the rerun it. or my friend might have tevoed it.

I'd be nervous for the astronats if they tried it today.

You kids don't realize just how little technologically we had in the 60's.

Just watch an old 60's movie that uses a computer. It'll have nobs and dials. Remember Lost in space? The robot?

If we did go to the moon, it was an amazing feat.

I'm not a kid (born in '62). Someone had to be the first . . . why can't you belive it was us? You're right in that we didn't have the technology then that we have now, but I believe we did it. And just look at how traveling to space as changed (much like the evolution of the television, don't you think).

I'm not a kid (born in '62). Someone had to be the first . . . why can't you belive it was us? You're right in that we didn't have the technology then that we have now, but I believe we did it. And just look at how traveling to space as changed (much like the evolution of the television, don't you think).

I love it how mad people get when you even question it. I have a friend here at work. There are two things you don't say to him. One is you do not talk negatively about teachers because his wife is one, and the other thing you don't say is that you don't believe we landed on the moon.

Did you see that one person's comment? "Are you F'ing kidding me" he said. No, I'm not kidding. The government has lied to us about a lot of things, why not this one? And if we did lie about the moon landing, bravo. We beat the USSR! I'm not mad about it, it just seems like an impossible thing that we did.

Not that it could NEVER be done. I'm not saying that. I'm saying we didn't do it in the 1960's. If we did, I'm in awe of that accomplishment.

So people should not get mad. I'm not one of those who says, "no way in hell we did it". I'm just skeptical.

Sept 7th from 8:12 to 8:28 EDT Io and Ganymede will simultaneously cast shadows on Jupiter. Lucky east-coasters.

And while it is possible to see where the moon landing took place, unfortunately no telescope on Earth can see the luner lander or any man made object on the moon.

Source NightWatch by Terry Dickinson, pg 66
Thank you.

I love it how mad people get when you even question it. I have a friend here at work. There are two things you don't say to him. One is you do not talk negatively about teachers because his wife is one, and the other thing you don't say is that you don't believe we landed on the moon.

Did you see that one person's comment? "Are you F'ing kidding me" he said. No, I'm not kidding. The government has lied to us about a lot of things, why not this one? And if we did lie about the moon landing, bravo. We beat the USSR! I'm not mad about it, it just seems like an impossible thing that we did.

Not that it could NEVER be done. I'm not saying that. I'm saying we didn't do it in the 1960's. If we did, I'm in awe of that accomplishment.

So people should not get mad. I'm not one of those who says, "no way in hell we did it". I'm just skeptical.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle: I think the tone of my post was misinterpreted. I was just asking a question. I wasn't upset at all. I'm in the military so I believe, probably more than most, that the government isn't always forthcoming and honest about things. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it first hand (although not on this scale).

One arguement that is hard to deny is that Russia would have stumbled all over itself divulging our subterfuge.

New Topics

Forum List

Back