Mythbusters Experiment Goes Wrong

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
The Discovery Channel show “MythBusters” made a serious case for “don’t try this at home” when one of its science experiments involving homemade cannons went awry, crashing through a San Francisco-area home and landing on a minivan during taping on Dec. 6

‘MythBusters’ cannon ball accident caused by ‘unforeseen bounce’ - The Washington Post

I knew this would happen someday.

How? Did you cause it? Do tell!

The Discovery Channel show “MythBusters” made a serious case for “don’t try this at home” when one of its science experiments involving homemade cannons went awry, crashing through a San Francisco-area home and landing on a minivan during taping on Dec. 6

‘MythBusters’ cannon ball accident caused by ‘unforeseen bounce’ - The Washington Post

How? Did you cause it? Do tell!

I just figure you can't do some of the stuff they were doing and not have something haqppen.

So did I. Remember the steam cannon episode where they were pushing for over 150 psi but the boiler didn't work quite right and by the time the sun was going down they only had 60 psi, but fired it anyway?

Damn thing went over a mile down the runway.

One of them said something along the lines that if they'd gotten the full psi target they wanted, it may have landed over in the city.

After that episode, I figured that this was bound to happen.

I am glad no one was hurt, but i think its funny as hell!!!

So did I. Remember the steam cannon episode where they were pushing for over 150 psi but the boiler didn't work quite right and by the time the sun was going down they only had 60 psi, but fired it anyway?

Damn thing went over a mile down the runway.

One of them said something along the lines that if they'd gotten the full psi target they wanted, it may have landed over in the city.

After that episode, I figured that this was bound to happen.

lol I think i recall that show, It's been a while but I used to be a regular watcher.

Glad no one got hurt either. Did you hear the part about the couple didn't hear the cannon ball go through their bedroom? how do you not hear something tearing through your walls?

Glad no one got hurt either. Did you hear the part about the couple didn't hear the cannon ball go through their bedroom? how do you not hear something tearing through your walls?

Its been all over our local news for days now. :)

LOL...i am sure it sounded no different then a pack of kids in the house.

Its been all over our local news for days now. :)

LOL...i am sure it sounded no different then a pack of kids in the house.

Really? This is the first I have heard. But don't watch much TV lately. Getting ready for x-mas.

The MB's do amazing things. What's most amazing about the cannon ball episode is how they and the shows producers made no effort to deflect responsibility and were available and approachable to the neighborhood and homeowners impacted by the accident.

Elected officials ought to take notice and follow their example.

The MB's do amazing things. What's most amazing about the cannon ball episode is how they and the shows producers made no effort to deflect responsibility and were available and approachable to the neighborhood and homeowners impacted by the accident.

Elected officials ought to take notice and follow their example.

From what i got off the new reports, the producers were at the house that night.

Forum List

Back