Myth: Religion is one of history's leading causes of war and bloodshed.

The title of the thread is wrong, it is not a myth, it is a leading cause, just not the only or most common cause.

The catholic church is full of homo pedophiles and is one of the, if not the richest business on the planet, yet they still demand money from you just to be a part of their religion. Just like the mob. They've killed more people over the years than any other organization, except the us army maybe, and continue to enslave women, discriminate against gays, and condone and promote overpopulation.

While I know you are banned, I cant help but comment, you do realize that the Catholic Church doesnt demand anything of people dont you? I know lots of catholics who havent stepped foot in a church for years. Last time i checked, they were still catholic. They certainly havent given the Church any money.

Ive never understood why someone wants to make ignorant claims like that. Do you think youre someone intelligent or better than Catholics, or other religious people, because you dont believe? Have you ever bothered to study a single religion in depth to understand the beauty of its doctrine? You dont have to believe something to see it's beauty.

But I doubt this has crossed your mind. and even though i get the feeling that youre probably going to try to circumvent your ban and will eventually read it, i doubt it's going to make you think.

The catholic church is full of homo pedophiles and is one of the, if not the richest business on the planet, yet they still demand money from you just to be a part of their religion. Just like the mob. They've killed more people over the years than any other organization, except the us army maybe, and continue to enslave women, discriminate against gays, and condone and promote overpopulation.

Is this to be typical of your views and posts?

While I know you are banned, I cant help but comment, you do realize that the Catholic Church doesnt demand anything of people dont you? I know lots of catholics who havent stepped foot in a church for years. Last time i checked, they were still catholic. They certainly havent given the Church any money.

Ive never understood why someone wants to make ignorant claims like that. Do you think youre someone intelligent or better than Catholics, or other religious people, because you dont believe? Have you ever bothered to study a single religion in depth to understand the beauty of its doctrine? You dont have to believe something to see it's beauty.

But I doubt this has crossed your mind. and even though i get the feeling that youre probably going to try to circumvent your ban and will eventually read it, i doubt it's going to make you think.

You want ignorant? How about someone who believes that his god used to be an alien from an invisible planet who is now a god and rules earth? It must really suck that the Hubble telescope went up and they still couldn't find your dumb planet kolob.

FYI, if you don't go to church, you're not a good catholic. You're talking no baptism, no church marriage, no death in church...? How much do you tip a priest for a marriage anyways?

You want ignorant? How about someone who believes that his god used to be an alien from an invisible planet who is now a god and rules earth? It must really suck that the Hubble telescope went up and they still couldn't find your dumb planet kolob.

FYI, if you don't go to church, you're not a good catholic. You're talking no baptism, no church marriage, no death in church...? How much do you tip a priest for a marriage anyways?

Oooh, I like jokes.

I don't know. How much do you tip a priest for a marriage?

Welcome to the board.

Note: This thread includes posts from 5, now banned members and 3 MIA members.

Coincidence? :dunno:

You don't tip them. You pay them (or, I guess, you're technically paying the church), and it's usually free for church members in good standing.

I've seen many a simpleton opine that religion is the single greatest cause of war. This is simply not true. Religion is however, one of history's most successful tools for unifying a populace and maintaining public order. And yes, this very element has oft been exploited by leaders of men as a means to arrouse support and justifcation for going to war. But that makes evil those that exploit the tool for evil, not the tool itself. If a man hacked up your family with a hatchet, would you blame the hatchet or the man? On the whole, religion has been an absolute boon for humanity in terms of both survival and prosperity. Without which we may very well not be here talking about it today. To categorically dismiss religion as a scourge of humanity is to betray a marked dearth of wisdom and maturity.

You may consider going to a regular school and stay away from Bible Schools.

Forum List

Back