myth of Native Americans

Discussion in 'History' started by harmonica, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    Thats all your asshole trolls know how to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    Tell us all about the threat to your right to exist.......and the threat of oppression to your children.....

3. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    Racists like you don't care about the truth- you care only about advancing your myth of racial superiority.

4. harmonica

harmonica Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    please prove anything I said was racist?
    I'm white and I think some Asian cultures/peoples are ''better'' than ours
    does that make me a racist?
    and they are gorgeous

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    [/QUOTE]

Oh Europeans had all of their own fun ways to kill and torture people.

Starting of with Vlad the Impaler- we would call Romanian- known for his impaling of men, women and children. But some he didn't impale- some he burned alive.

There were large stakes there on which, as it was said, about twenty thousand men, women, and children had been spitted, quite a sight for the Turks and the sultan himself.

Then of course there were those lovable Vikings

Wormald notes that the kings of East Anglia and Northumbria were defeated and then seemingly killed in a sickeningly gruesome Viking ritual known as "the blood-eagle", which involved "ripping a victim's lungs out of his rib-cage, and draping them across his shoulders like eagles' wings".

And of course the delightful practices of the peaceful Christians during the Inquisition.....where the Pope gave the authorization to torture people to combat heretics and Jews......

And of course the Romans towards the defeated Celts- cutting off the hands and feet and leaving them to die.....

And of course the Europeans who came to America

“The Spaniards with their horses, their spears and lances, began to commit murders and other strange cruelties. They entered into towns and villages, sparing neither children nor old men and women. They ripped their bellies and cut them to pieces as if they had been slaughtering lambs in a field. They made bets with each other over who could thrust a sword into the middle of a man or who could cut off his head with one stroke. They took little ones by their heels and crushed their heads against the cliffs. Others they threw into the rivers laughing and mocking them as they tumbled into the water. They put everyone they met to the edge of the sword.

One time the Indians came to meet us and receive us with food and good cheer! Instead, the devil, which had put himself in the Spaniards, put them all to the edge of the sword in my presence, without any cause whatsoever, more than three thousand souls. I saw there such great cruelties, that never any man living either have or shall see the like.

Yes- those of us with European ancestry have no 'cousins' who ever acted barbarously towards other human beings...

European history- frankly all human history- is full of accounts of humans being horrible people.

It is a myth that Europeans were just all kind benevolent benefactors to the world.

6. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    I already have proven you are racist- when you claimed that Native Americans are not as smart as Europeans- and challenged you to prove it.

That you are enamored by 'some Asian Cultures' doesn't mean you aren't a racist.

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    When we have a Canadian making the same racist claims as you- I will respond to that Canadian the same way.

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    For some Native Americans it was part of culture- again- you are painting a broad brush for cultures that ranged from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego.

For Europeans - there certainly were cultures that had a tradition of torturing and slaughtering captives- look to accounts of the pre-Roman Celts.

But lets say you are right- that for Europeans- torture was 'more of a law and order deal'- as in a legally defined and acceptable method for torture.

Tell me how that makes Europeans 'better' than native Americans?

9. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    Europeans were in a state of almost constant war- right up until about the time of Napolean.

And then of course the peaceful Europeans in the 1940's instituted that peaceful genocide of Jews and Gypsies and others.....

10. harmonica

harmonica Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I linked test scores to prove it