myth of Native Americans

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
let's stop the myth of NAs being peaceful, corn growing people
..they murdered/raped/tortured/dislocated/decimated/etc other tribes long before the evil whites came
..in fact, torture was part of some tribes' culture
..so we don't need to hear that all Americans are immigrants--because we are not

Ah.....why do you think Native Americans are different from others humans? No racial group is more virtuous or evil than any other racial group.

We more or less all have the same impulses.....both good and bad. People need to let these racially divisive constructs go already. It's fucking stupid.

..they murdered/raped/tortured/dislocated/decimated/etc other tribes long before the evil whites came
..so we don't need to hear that all Americans are immigrants--because we are not

so?

Ah.....why do you think Native Americans are different from others humans? No racial group is more virtuous or evil than any other racial group.

We more or less all have the same impulses.....both good and bad. People need to let these racially divisive constructs go already. It's fucking stupid.
I never said otherwise...I agree...I would mark ''agree'' for your reply, but I get a sense of ''hate'' from your reply...and you use the word 'stupid'

so?
well, I see a lot of comments about NAs regarding the DACA issue, and immigration issues on MSM sites

Every society is guilty of enslaving other societies sometime in history. Blacks get all the publicity but American Indians got a raw deal in the 19th century and they were treated like 2nd class citizens in the 20th century.

The Same Gangster Race Kept Out by the Great Wall of China

Do we call a gang that escapes to a hideout in some remote place "residents" of that place? This race originated as prehistoric criminal fugitives. In fact, that was why they were chased into Siberia before that. Feralphiles who want us to feel guilty about finishing the job started by Chinese justice have a Death Wish.

Europeans were still doing that stuff in the 20th Century, on a grand scale. Japan too.

Every society is guilty of enslaving other societies sometime in history. Blacks get all the publicity but American Indians got a raw deal in the 19th century and they were treated like 2nd class citizens in the 20th century.
Bye-Bye, Kumbaya

Hating on our pioneers makes my head feel all warm and fuzzy, softening it for a scalping.

Europeans were still doing that stuff in the 20th Century, on a grand scale. Japan too.
the NAs, Africans, etc did the same, but not on the same scale--only because they didn't have the technology....

the NAs, Africans, etc did the same, but not on the same scale--only because they didn't have the technology....

yeah?? so?

Who claimed they were peaceful? Almost all tribes had a warrior class....hardly peaceful.

Who claimed they were peaceful? Almost all tribes had a warrior class....hardly peaceful.

the Vikings were really nasty-------as were the Romans

I never said otherwise...I agree...I would mark ''agree'' for your reply, but I get a sense of ''hate'' from your reply...and you use the word 'stupid'

I don't hate anybody. To me your point seems obvious. Native Americans did both good and bad things. The same as every other group. To make a major point of it does not seem necessary imho.

Virtually every group in human history has had the shit kicked out of them at some point or other. The Brits for example were conqueror and enslaved by the Romans, the Angles and Saxons, and finally the Vikings, until the Normans came in and took the place over.

So should British people now hate those of Scandinavian, German, or Italian ancestry? The cult of victim-hood and grievance is beyond tired. Let it go people.

Way to put us under the same blanket.

I guess since Jeffery Dahmer was a monster, all white men are.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Thats pretty much true. But from everything I've read though about the California Indians though, they seemed to be much more peaceful than most of the plains or eastern Indians. Probably because of the stable climate and abundance of food in California. When the Spanish showed up they didn't have much problem at all getting them to live on their missions. It was only after the abuse they received from the Spanish that they started to revolt .They were also pretty much minding their own business when the gold rush came along later and they were displaced because they happened to live on land that had gold on it. They kind of became the victims of the gold fever and then the state government of California endorsed their genocide. I would say the media at the time was largely to blame for the Genocide of those Indians, namely the newspapers, who were probably shills for the railroads, mining companies and other various power structures who saw the west was a place for the taking. Also many people moving west for gold already had previous experiences with other indians of the plains and had a lot of bias against any Indian.

Bye-Bye, Kumbaya

Hating on our pioneers makes my head feel all warm and fuzzy, softening it for a scalping.
"Hating on our pioneers"?

engines2.jpg

Thats pretty much true. But from everything I've read though about the California Indians though, they seemed to be much more peaceful than most of the plains or eastern Indians. Probably because of the stable climate and abundance of food in California. When the Spanish showed up they didn't have much problem at all getting them to live on their missions. It was only after the abuse they received from the Spanish that they started to revolt .They were also pretty much minding their own business when the gold rush came along later and they were displaced because they happened to live on land that had gold on it. They kind of became the victims of the gold fever and then the state government of California endorsed their genocide. I would say the media at the time was largely to blame for the Genocide of those Indians, namely the newspapers, who were probably shills for the railroads, mining companies and other various power structures who saw the west was a place for the taking. Also many people moving west for gold already had previous experiences with other indians of the plains and had a lot of bias against any Indian.
I just read the same about the Cali NAs...good call...wow..most of my previous readings were of the eastern and Mid West NAs
but my most recent book mentioned the Cali NAs

Forum List

Back